I Did Stitch's Great Escape!

belleandthebeast

DIS Veteran
I was at the MK on Monday. Made our way into Tommorrowland only to see a line for SGE! Asked the CM if we were able to see it (I thought for some reason it was only open to Annual Pass Holders) and she said to go on in!

I was so excited!

Was anyone else able to see it in the last week?

We will be there Nov. 8 - 14th and I am hoping to get to see it as well.

Please share your review!

Please share your thoughts on the attraction. I've read some very negative reviews, and this is something I had been looking forward to.

SInce no one has stepped up to the plate to give the review, I promise to let you all know when I get back. I really wish I could get some info on it before I go.......... anyone......

I liked SGE! The theater has the same setup and pretty much the same effects that AE had. You also get to smell Stitch's cheetoh breath.

It is also kind of amusing. At one point Stich says, "missed me missed me now you gotta kiss me."

There were still kids screaming their heads off because at one point you are in the dark.

All in all, it was pretty good. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give it an 8 1/2.

I went on it this weekend. As adults, we didn't really like it and were disappointed at how little had been changed from Alien Encounter. I bet kids will like it though!

Is there anything else I can answer for you?

Every time you call Disney reservations, you pass through that survey about whether you have been to WDW before, and how long ago. It makes me wonder if Disney didn't take that sort of info into account when re-making AE into SGE.

Most of the negative reviews have commented on the fact that it is very similar to AE and not much was changed. If it was your first time to the MK, though, and you had never been on AE... would that change your opinion?

Laralyn - that is an excellent point and you're probably right. Had I never been on AE, I probably would have thought Stitch was cooler than I did. Still though, overall the "story" is a little disjointed and the effects are definitely geared to kids.

Stitch himself is very cool and lifelike. I bet most kids will love it!

The great part about AE, though, was that it was scary and atmospheric. If they've taken out the scary (which was certainly their intent, although they may not have succeeded enough for young kids) but not replaced it with a funny, engaging storyline, then what are we left with? I had high hopes, based upon how clever Lilo & Stitch was, and based on how successful the last addition to MK was (Philharmagic), but the reports so far sound like this attraction is not really anything special. :confused: :(

Rather than give the attraction a new look and feel, SGE is set up exactly like AE. "Stitch" the robotic alien is amazing-looking...so much so that my husband thought there might be a small actor inside! LOL!

We visited SGE for a test run on Sunday. The CM said they were doing some test runs. Waited in line for about 25 minutes. Other than the Pooh ride, it was the longest wait we had.

The storyline, however, is pretty lame. Seems to us that they'd dumbed down AE to make it less scary for kids. The alien escapes, there's some spitting and some noises and Stitch "bounces" on top of your seat, making the shoulder harnesses bounce up and down...as is in typical Disney fashion, you exit the attraction into the gift shop which is heavily themed with Stitch merchandise. I don't think this will be a repeater for us.

Cute for kids, but I think most of the parents who have experienced AE will be a bit disappointed.

Originally posted by gypsydoodlebug .... you exit the attraction into the gift shop which is heavily themed with Stitch merchandise. [/B]

Yay for that for me! When we were there last December I looked high and low for Sticth stuff but tere just wasn't much. Yippee, Stitch haven for me.:hyper:

Very disappointed to hear thogh that the amight dollar won out on the renovations. I can just hear the instructions to the imagineers. "Make a Stitch themed attraction but don't spend Eisner's bonus away." Hope they don't make it a trend for the future of spending. :( As long as WDW continues to operate well into the black (not sure if they still are but a few years ago they were), I hope they continue to do healthy investing back into the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter