I did it!!

aidensmom31

Obsessed Disney Fan
I originally was booked to stay at the Carousel Inn & Suites but decided to splurge and stay at the Paradise Pier Hotel. :cheer2: Nervous about spending that much on a hotel :eek:, not because I dont have it just because I never have. I am the one always looking for the deals :lmao: Pretty excited though.

Anyone got insight, thoughts, photos etc to share? I have read some of the thread on the hotel but love to hear more.

Enjoy!

And don't go for the "it's just somewhere to sleep and change your clothes." The hotel has a lot of nice features and offerings. Make sure you take the time to enjoy and appreciate it all.

- Dreams

aidensmom31 said:
I originally was booked to stay at the Carousel Inn & Suites but decided to splurge and stay at the Paradise Pier Hotel. :cheer2: Nervous about spending that much on a hotel :eek:, not because I dont have it just because I never have. I am the one always looking for the deals :lmao: Pretty excited though.

Anyone got insight, thoughts, photos etc to share? I have read some of the thread on the hotel but love to hear more.

Awesome! We're staying on site for the first time this trip too (DLH). I know what you mean about being a deal hunter. Im not one to pay full price for anything. I'm really excited about it though. There is a PPH thread on here, shouldn't be too far down the list. I was just looking at it the other day debating in which hotel to choose. Have fun!

We always consider the hotel part of the trip. We only stay one or two nights so it's not that expensive. We are arriving around 2:00 Monday afternoon the 17th and will spend the whole afternoon at the hotel (DHL) and plan to swim, go down the waterslide and luxuriate.

Our first stay ever on Disney property and we're staying at Paradise Pier too:cool1: for the first time in Oct in a room with a view of California Adventure,:banana::banana: but we're only staying for 2 nights during the week (because of cost. cheapter to stay during the week) then back over to BWPPI for 7 nights. I'm so excited!!! I know it sounds like a lot of back and fourth hotel hopping, (Fri-Mon at BWPPI then Mon-Wed at PPH) but we're young, with no kids and so we can handle it. (just me and husband) I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am. We've been really saving for this trip because it's going to be real special.:lovestruc I've never stayed in a hotel where you could order room service, so I might just have to try it for the first time.;) I would also have to agree with the person who posted to make sure it's not just a place to sleep. Enjoy your stay and really try to be in the moment when you're staying there. :) Did I forget to mention how DANG EXCITED I am!!! :dance3::banana::banana::banana::rotfl:

If you could please update this thread and let me know how it goes for you, I would appreciate it. I'm a deal guy, and don't often splurge, simply because it's not in my dna. So I'd like to hear from someone just so I can be reassured that there is value in getting a more expensive room like this :)

Did you pay rack rate, or get a deal through travel website like expedia?

How far away is your trip? If any specials come out for your dates after you book you can call and they will change your rate.

Glad you went for the splurge. I agree with PP to really enjoy the hotel. Plan some down time into your trip.

Our last trip was a splurge. Two nights at the Beverly Hills Hotel and then four at GCH. Totally worth the splurge but even then I was still on the hunt for deals. I got an annual pass to get a discount on the hotel and other disney spending. I watched rates on the other hotel and the rental car practically daily and got them reduced twice.

Our next trip is totally a "deal" trip. We are staying offsite and I found a promo code online to save 10%, I got our plane tickets with ff miles. We won't need a car this time. My annual pass is still good so I only have to buy one ticket for my daughter. And I've got $500 on a gift card. I'm expecting my out of pocket for the 5 night trip will be $750.

Totally different trips but both satisfying.

If you could please update this thread and let me know how it goes for you, I would appreciate it. I'm a deal guy, and don't often splurge, simply because it's not in my dna. So I'd like to hear from someone just so I can be reassured that there is value in getting a more expensive room like this :)

There IS a value in it. PPH is lovely, with kind CMs. You get to walk into or through the nicest part of the Grand (in my opinion), the lobby, to get to the parks each morning. You are allowed to use the onsite guest entrance to DCA. You get Magic Morning every morning it's offered. There are little things to do if you're having a resort day, like drawing classes, tours (maybe not at PPH though), etc.

We enjoy staying offsite as well (though I'm glad the OP is leaving the Carousel behind...I didn't much like my stay there back in early '08), but PPH is probably our favorite at Disneyland. :)

Did you pay rack rate, or get a deal through travel website like expedia?

I booked through disney travel. I did a package deal for other reasons through disney travel and included the room. I probably could have shopped around but I got awesome deal on plane tickets and have some gift cards to use for food, etc so I was not as determined for a deal as normal. :confused3 Which is not normal for me :rotfl: If one becomes available I will take it of course but I decided to splurge a little and just have fun pixiedust:

Cool, good to know. I've stayed at PPH once before and it was great. As others have said, enjoy the hotel itself. It really is a part of the Disneyland Experience, not just a place to rest your head!:rotfl2:

I booked through disney travel. I did a package deal for other reasons through disney travel and included the room. I probably could have shopped around but I got awesome deal on plane tickets and have some gift cards to use for food, etc so I was not as determined for a deal as normal. :confused3 Which is not normal for me :rotfl: If one becomes available I will take it of course but I decided to splurge a little and just have fun pixiedust:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2914395

That's a good thread with some good info.

We have stayed there once and will be staying for 8 nights over Christmas. We can't wait!! It's such a nice hotel and a nice walk to the park through GCH. We were treated wonderfully by everyone there and while it is pricey, it's so totally worth it. You will have a great time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter