• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I did it! I booked!

JJBeans

Earning My Ears
So after weeks of contemplating and putting my poor travel agent from Small World Vacations through the ringer, I am happy to announce that I booked my very first cruise! A 3 night to the Bahamas on the Dream in May of 2015! We are room 10054. So my question is now what do I do?

Congratulations :dance3: :cheer2:
The planning is half the fun. Keep reading here and you will find out all you need to know. :flower3:

So after weeks of contemplating and putting my poor travel agent from Small World Vacations through the ringer, I am happy to announce that I booked my very first cruise! A 3 night to the Bahamas on the Dream in May of 2015! We are room 10054. So my question is now what do I do?

Congratulations!!! As PP said, planning is half the fun. So between now and next May you could:

(1) Read the DISboards cruise forum. You'll learn a lot!
(2) Read Personal Navigators online. One great source is the Disney Cruise Line Blog. See here: http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...ahamian-cruise-itinerary-february-13-15-2014/
(3) If you have specific cruise related questions, you can also visit the Disney Parks Moms Panel. Select the cruise line specialty tab there. My friends Diane, Dolly, and Marcy will take great care of you!

You'll have a blast on your Dream cruise! :thumbsup2

Congratulations on booking your first cruise!:cool1:

Like the others have said, now the fun begins! Stick around here and you will get lots of great tips for your cruise. For me, planning is a lot of fun. :sunny:

Go to the cruise meets board, find the thread for your cruise, and sign up there so you can get to know some of the others who will be on your sailing.

Defiantly keep reading some forums on here it helps a lot! Read the secrets :)

JJBeans said:

Now change it to a four night and go below deck 10 . And enjoy

I was tempted for the 4 day but due to timing I think I am stuck with the 3. Is deck 10 no good? Now I am paranoid!

What is a fish extender? And what is the deal with deck 10? I am now freaking out a little!

Deck 10 has some rooms underneath the pool area, and some folks are disrupted by the noise above. DD & I were on the 10th deck for a cruise last year and she was disturbed by the noises of the deck chairs being moved, cleaning, etc. I noticed not-a-thing:confused3, so it might depend on whether you're a light sleeper --- I'm not when at sea, apparently!

I wouldn't freak out, but if you know you're a light sleeper or are worried about it, I'm sure your travel agent can work with you on moving your cabin.

I've never participated in fish extenders but know there are some links explaining them- they're a way to get to know other DISers on board-- and it's completely voluntary.

Don't stress, enjoy the planning and read these boards:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter