• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I did it... and no one laughed

Happy Girl

Earning My Ears
I got a picture with Mickey Mouse and his autograph. And, oh my, I just couldn't stop myself. I got all kinds of pictures with the characters and their autographs and was even kissed by Eyeore (he is my favorite - though I think I"m spelling his name wrong at the moment). Anyway... it was great!

Thanks for giving me the confidence to be a kid again... and special thanks to my husband for waiting patiently and taking all those pictures.

I'm glad you had such a great time! :) Why don't you post some pics to show us? :)

:earsgirl: That's one of my favorite parts of going to the parks! Sometimes I feel bad cause there's kids in the line and I've even been the dreaded Last person before. But it still means a lot to me to get my hugs, pictures, and autographs from them. It's the Best feeling!

This year I'm getting a character picture taken. DS & DD will be horribly embarassed, but DH and I are committed. So there!
:tongue:

I always get my picture taken with characters. My favorite character is Eeyore also and on our last trip, I told my kids 6 and 2 at the time that Mommy wants a picture with Eeyore all by myself, no kids allowed. Doesn't bother me one bit.....

I spent a morning at AK while the hubby and kids were at DQ and I got my pics and autographs done with lots of characters all by myself..and I'm 36!!! Couldn't even blame it on my kids! No one blinked at me twice standing in line by myself and the CMs were happy to snap the shot! I love Disney cuz I can be as goofy as I want (and believe me I WANT!!) and no one cares! We're the family you see marching down the street singing Disney movie songs at the top of our lungs!

I have pictures with Pooh, eeyore, tigger and piglet from the Crystal Palace breakfast. Where else can you be a kid again. Could you please pass the Pooh Waffles

As the mother of 3 kids I can tell you that I never take offense to adults in line for character greetings. WDW is for EVERYONE! I even manage to get in few shots myself.

I love getting my picture taken with the characters. Don't have kids, so can't blame it on them. ;)

Goofy is my favorite!

Terri

Last year I went for the very first time (I'm 24). I kept saying that I'd feel weird getting my picture taken with the characters, but then I saw Belle, who I LOVE (I'm a librarian, and I love her bookwormness!) After that I was hooked!

Another story. I decided to find Tigger and got really lucky at AK. There was almost no one in line for pics. The thing is, everyone kept passing up Eeoyre! (he was in between Pooh and Tigger). So when I got up to go the last like 5 people had skipped him so I made a big production of going to him First! I got a great picture of him giving me a big kiss! And he didn't want to let me go! It was the only picture of the three that turned out! (this time I'm bringing better film!)

:bride:

Hey, I plan on waiting in line with all the kids on my next trip to get pix with as many characters as possible. I've only had one taken and that was with Goofy!

Oh, did I mention I'm 40 years young at heart!

LYMI!!

My DH and I went to the World -no rugrats- and had our picture taken with as many characters as possible & got their autographs--God Bless Character Buffets!!
I know, we are dorks, but we don't care:Pinkbounc :bounce:

It wouldn't be a complete vacation without a little embarassment by Dad. I love my pics with the characters and couldn't imagine going without them. I'm what you call an adult sized "Lost Boy". I hope I never grow up.

:firefight

My mom & I rode the Dumbo ride w/o any kids! And she kept screaming, "Wheeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!" It was a LAUGH RIOT!

What's wrong with getting a pic with Mickey?!? Whether you're 2 or 102, everyone's a kid at WDW. :)

That's what it's all about IMHO.

My kids and family 13 laughed so hard when I got up for a photo with Tigger. He teased me and put my hat on backwards and my gang laughed so hard. Isn't that what its all about? Goofy was also so funny, he took my hat, sunglasses, then took both my kids backpacks and started to walk away. He then put on my hat and we took pictures.

Another place people miss is the Villains area near Ariels Groto in MK. Cruella is the best.

My DH and I were in WDW for a year delayed Disneymoon. We got our picture taken with EVERY Character that we saw. We have some especially funny ones of him with some of the villains. No one even gave us a 2nd look. DH is 6'8" so if anyone would get a funny look it would be him. He typically draws attention at home, people are always asking him how tall etc.

The only time he even got extra attention at WDW was when a family from Brazil thought that he was a famous athlete. I think I took a roll of film of them with DH. We still laugh about that.

Every year my DH complains when I start booking our next trip to Disney. You know he hates it so much, as illustrated in these pictures of him having such a terrible time.....LOL

47b3d732b3127cce8e0ba58928240000002610

and how about this one....

47b3d732b3127cce8e372bbf285a0000002610

and I don't see any frowns here at the MK...

47b3d732b3127cce8e0bbb7da9ef0000002610

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter