I.D.'s for kids

tammy1210

Mouseketeer
I remember seeing posts about parents putting their information in their kids shoes - maybe their name and cell phone number - what do you do? My kids will be wearing crocs - my oldest knows our cell phone number, and my dd does, too - but, if we were actually separated, I'm afraid she'd panic and forget it. This is our first trip without a stroller, and I'm sure that there will be a tight grip on her hand at all times, but just in case....

My kids will be wearing crocs too. I plan on using a label maker, printing my cell number and sticking it to the inside of the crocs. I will bring some extras if it wears off. My kids also know my number but in a stressfull time....

I've also seen people recommend Tyvek bracelets, where you write your cell number on the bracelet with a sharpie and then loop it on the kid. My DD hates bracelets, but I could see looping around an ankle or around a belt loop.

I used the dog tag thingy at walmart. They are $5 each and I put their name, my name, and my cell number on it. I tied it to their shoes with their shoe strings, and if they wore crocks or sandles I tied it to them with dental floss. (only string I had...LOL). Worked great for us.

I too did the dog tag thing...I went to the local Petsmart and was allowed 3 lines...I could our girls name and 2 cell phone # with my and my DH's first name. I then went to walmart (craft stores have them too) and got the key chain that pops open....50 cents and attached them to their shoes and belt loops depending on the day and what they were wearing. I then explained to my girls to just point down if they got lost. It didn't happen but made me feel better. I also know there are a lot of "tags" made on line that can hold more info if that is what you are looking for. If you search child ID tags you should be able to find them.

I didn't remember to get anything pre-made on our last trip, because I was too concerned with remembering everything for the little one that I neglected to get organized for the bigger one. In a pinch, I did remember I packed a Sharpie marker, so I just told him to hike up his shirt and I wrote my name and cell number on his belly!! Lasted for a few days, even with showers and swimming! He thought I was out of my mind, and even tried to show off his belly to a few CM's as we were practising who he was supposed to find if he did get lost!:rotfl:

Another vote for the Dog Tag here and wallmart has disney styles. You can loop it around a shoe lace or on a croc. Its obvious enough so that a CM would notice it and know to look for information if a child was lost. Its also small enough that a stranger couldn't read it.

TJ

I bought a silicone bracelet engraved with my cell number from shanrene.com

I think it was about $3.

A friend use spot me id on their last trip. I think they bought them in a local Walgreens near Disney. www.spotmeid.com. Looks like a great idea.

I like those - the kids liked the lanyards, but I was afraid they would get annoying wearing them in the heat all day - so we went with the bracelets - thanks!

I got silicone bracelets made, forget where though. The company I used had a large selection and I let my son pick 5, we had 2 other children with us that were not ours but wore the bracelets and then I had a 2 extra if they got lost. My son loved them and wore them constantly from the time they came, last Aug, until months after our trip. I also get him to wear them when we go to the local attractions, just in case. He's 5 now and still loves to wear them, sometimes to match clothes on a school day. I put our last name and my husband's and my cell phone numbers. Then pointed out CM in the world and told our son if he could not find us to find one of them and have them call the numbers on the bracelet. Because they were a two color blend, you had to look close to see the info, which kept me from worrying about someone looking at them and seeing it from a distance. I think the 5 of them cost around $20 with shipping.

We used the personalized tattoos. My son was only 3.5 so I didn't trust that he wouldn't take anything off that was easily removable (or a stranger wouldn't take it off too).

tottoos.org or safetytat.com have them. We used safetytat as they come in fun designs. I've also used them at home for local trips. We were happy with them.

Where are the dog tags at WalMart? TIA!

Usualy in the front of the store where they have the famous "claw machine" photo booths and such. Its a vending type machine that does a personalized tag. If you can't find them before you leave there are a few machines at WDW, I saw two at DTD :)

TJ

I took one of our luggage tags and put my name, DBF's name, our cell # and resort on a piece of paper and put it in. I bought one of those braided material eyeglasses holders and took the plastic thing that you use to attach the tag to your bags, and attached the tag to the eyeglass holder. A piece of string would work just as well. I saw another family who had done the same thing for their kids waiting in the DME line. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter