I.D. for getting on and off ship

Disney_Bound2007

Earning My Ears
This is our first cruise and I have seen a few post about getting on and off the ship at the different ports, I'm a bit confused! Do we need more then just our passports??? I had seen a couple post about having birth cert ect...
:confused3

DH & I used our passports & Key To The World cards for Nassau and just the KTTW cards for Castaway Cay. The passports fit very nicely into my waistpack and we wore our KTTW cards on a lanyard. No muss, no fuss. :thumbsup2

I can't remember back from our April 2005 cruise, but if we are just taking our Birth Certificates, do we have to show those when we get on and off the ship in Nassau, or will a Driver's License do?

thanks!

We just got back in March and we just showed our passports for the adults. Kids just needed the KTTW cards. CC everyone just needed KTTW cards. If you had a govt. ID card or maybe a drivers lic. that would be OK instead of lugging a birth cert.

We just got back from the March 10-17 Western, and we needed our KTTW cards and a photo id for every port, including Castaway Cay. So we all took our drivers licenses because it was easier than taking our passports (and not all of us had our passports) Hopefully that helps.

I am not sure if the OP is a US citizen, but I think Disney holds your passport if you are not a US citizen, so you might not be able to take them off the ship anyways.

We just used our US drivers licenses and kttw.

I am not sure if the OP is a US citizen, but I think Disney holds your passport if you are not a US citizen, so you might not be able to take them off the ship anyways.

We just used our US drivers licenses and kttw.

This is very true. If it is your ONLY picture Id, they will make a copy for you to use, and give it to you right away.

We just got back from the March 10-17 Western, and we needed our KTTW cards and a photo id for every port, including Castaway Cay. So we all took our drivers licenses because it was easier than taking our passports (and not all of us had our passports) Hopefully that helps.

Thank you very much!!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

A passport is one of the items used for proof of citizenship, but you can use any government issued ID as the require photo to return to the ship when in ports during your cruise. If you are a none US citizen and have no other form of ID with you a CM at the terminal can make a photo copy of your passport.

This is very true. If it is your ONLY picture Id, they will make a copy for you to use, and give it to you right away.

Sorry I sould of mentioned we are Canadian, so I guess we should be sure to bring along our drivers licenses. What about children??? I know we can get a gov issued photo i.d. for them, but will they need them???:goodvibes

Yes, you should bring your Drivers Licenses. Children do NOT need any picture ID to get on/off.:)

I know we can get a gov issued photo i.d. for them, but will they need them???:goodvibes

No need, photo IDs are only required for those over 18

That said, everyone under 18 must be accompanied but an adult to get off the ship, although you can fill out a form allow permission for a particular child to get off at a particular port with out you....that includes CC - very useful for teens since I am very comfortable allowing my teen her freedom at CC

Someone else may be able to confirm this but my daughter had her drivers license to be able to get off alone at CC (after I filled out the form) - I wondered if unaccompanied minors need photo ID?

Barb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter