• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I could get used to a view like this. Guys, I want a castle.–Oct TR ( I'm BACK!!!)

Your creativity is awesome! That costume will be so cool! I think the glowing heart would be a perfect touch as well.

So as I'm in the throws of planning our next trip (and probably last one for some time .....:( ) I thought I'd pick this back up and make it a combo PTR / TR for our (albeit abbreviated ) October trip!

Hi!!!!! its so good to see you back here!!! Hope all is well...looking forward to hearing your plans

So as I'm in the throws of planning our next trip (and probably last one for some time .....:( ) I thought I'd pick this back up and make it a combo PTR / TR for our (albeit abbreviated ) October trip!

:banana::banana::banana:

Great to see you back! Looking forward to reading about your trip.

So a few of you know this, but for the rest of you, I thought I'd catch things up with the reason why I went dark for, oh, way too long!

In August, as a complete shock, I was caught in a RIF and lost my job. :sad1: While I know that's just what the economy is like anymore, it was still the first time that it has ever happened to me personally in the 17 years I've been working.... and it threw me for quite a loop. :scared:

While we were both really looking forward to our Disney trip, we just couldn't justify such an expense of 9 days in WDW. We went back and forth a bit, but decided the best thing (the right thing, at least) to do was to just cancel the whole trip, which I did. Talk about depressing!!!!

While I was searching for something new to do:coffee: we had an opportunity to travel down to Florida over Labor Day weekend to see Mike's grandfather, who lives near Jacksonville. While down there, Mike and I started talking about Disney again, and we thought about perhaps a super short trip to experience the F&W festival with the two free nights we had acquired from a previous trip. That would mean our room would be paid for.... and when I canceled my flights (they were first class) I had enough credit to fly us both to Orlando and back to Florida for Christmas.....so again.... the flight was already paid for. I called to see if there was any availability and shockingly we got two nights at BWI CL!!! Now all we had to do was pay for park tickets and food (which, I know, isn't chump change, but hey.... still a huge discount).

The trip was ON again!!!:dance3::dance3::dance3:

I still didn't have a job yet, but things were looking promising, and we knew we would be fine even if I didn't get a job for a year. (Though I'm pretty sure how I would have been if that had been the case..... I don't do well with nothing to do!!!:crazy2: ) So the planning was back on, though much abbreviated.

We decided against MNSSHP, as it was an extra expense and we really wanted to spend most of our time experiencing F&W. I did end up using my costume though this Halloween anyway (Picture forthcoming in another post). Mike went as Batman. Yes, Batman. It was pretty funny.

We had a blast (I'm going to just add the trip report in here to keep continuity) and the week we got home? I had a job offer! Started the new gig in November and I've been catching up ever since, what with learning all sorts of new stuff not to mention the Holidays (which, btw I hope you all enjoyed immensely!) I'm just getting around to returning to these reports. Thankfully, I took good notes. Ha. So, I'm going to work my way through these and get cracking on my new PTR.... because guess what? We're going BACK (for 5 days) this May. :cheer2:

Happy New Year to All!!

-j.

Hi!!!!! its so good to see you back here!!! Hope all is well...looking forward to hearing your plans

Haaaay! How are you? Happy New Year, and glad to be back!

:banana::banana::banana:

Great to see you back! Looking forward to reading about your trip.

Thanks Dee! It's so good to have things back to "normal" agian! :goodvibes

Ooooo - love the costume idea! :)

Thanks! I will post a picture of the "bare bones" costume today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter