I can't wrap my brain around it...

disneymagicgirl

Been there, Done that, Going back!
How can some deluxe resort rooms hold 5 people, but most 1 bedroom villas do not? :confused3 I would love a 1 bedroom at BCV. Can't fit in it, but can in a much smaller BC room. :headache:

Looks like my options for 2013 will be quite limited now that Youngest DS will be 3. Any other suggestions for recommendations for a family of 5 with 2 preschoolers? I don't really want to rent DvC points unless it is a last resort.
Out of the options below I think I would lean towards BC, GF, OKW, BLT. Never stayed at any of those. Opinions?

Poly
2-3 bed villas
1 bdrm OKW
GF
BC
PO-R
Family suite at value (not considering that)
CR
WL deluxe room
BLT 1bedrm
AKV 1 bdrm
BW

disneymagicgirl said:
How can some deluxe resort rooms hold 5 people, but most 1 bedroom villas do not? :confused3 I would love a 1 bedroom at BCV. Can't fit in it, but can in a much smaller BC room. :headache:

Looks like my options for 2013 will be quite limited now that Youngest DS will be 3. Any other suggestions for recommendations for a family of 5 with 2 preschoolers? I don't really want to rent DvC points unless it is a last resort.
Out of the options below I think I would lean towards BC, GF, OKW, BLT. Never stayed at any of those. Opinions?

Poly
2-3 bed villas
1 bdrm OKW
GF
BC
PO-R
CR
WL deluxe room
BLT 1bedrm
AKV 1 bdrm
BW

It is based on occupancy to comply with fire codes. It has to do with the amount of occupants, the width of the corridors, the number of stairwells (because elevators cannot be used in case of fire), and the length of the corridor to exit to grade.

Has nothing to do with the comparison of the size of rooms. If you look t past history, the original resorts, like Poly and CR, were built before the energy crisis in the late 70's. Resort rooms arer much smaller now.

BLT and AKV-Kidani 1BRs will give you 2 bathrooms so I'd lean toward one of those first. AKV is also cheaper you'd have to get at least a standard there's no value that sleep 5 at AKV so make sure to factor that in with pricing it out. (at least I was told that hopefully somebody can confirm)

Poly
2-3 bed villas
1 bdrm OKW
GF
BC
PO-R
CR
WL deluxe room
BLT 1bedrm
AKV 1 bdrm
BW

Are you booking using points or through Disney CRO? If it's on points, you can have five in the DVC 1-bedrooms (but you'll have to provide an air mattress and bedding for the fifth person).

With the BLT/AKV 1-bedrooms, there will be places to sleep for all five of you (king bed in master, queen pull-out and a pull-out chair in the living room), plus as PP said, there would be an extra bathroom, as well.

It's hard! We are taking our then to be 5 yr old and 3.5 yr old twins plus, my parents. I booked a trip for Dec., 2013 at GF.

My first ressie was a two bedroom suite at GF then, I changed it to two Deluxe Queen deluxe rooms at the GF. Going from the suite to the two deluxe rooms took the cost down 3000 bucks.

The Queen deluxe room w/ the option of the daybed would work for you guys. You would have the two queen beds and then the day bed. You would always have the option to have them do a rollaway bed in your room on top of that.
That would give you room for six to sleep. It isn't cheap though. GL-

Are you booking using points or through Disney CRO? If it's on points, you can have five in the DVC 1-bedrooms (but you'll have to provide an air mattress and bedding for the fifth person).

With the BLT/AKV 1-bedrooms, there will be places to sleep for all five of you (king bed in master, queen pull-out and a pull-out chair in the living room), plus as PP said, there would be an extra bathroom, as well.

Interesting! That may be a good reason to rent points and give up the daily mousekeeping. :thumbsup2 actually I could probably pay for daily mousekeeping and still come out way ahead of a cash ressie 2 bedroom.

Have you thought about cabins at FW? They sleep six. Bedroom has double bed & set of bunks. Living area has double murphy bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter