I can't wait for Halo 3!

Not sure I should admit this but, my 7 year old DS can't wait for it to come out either. We have Halo and Halo 2 and he finished them in no time (he started playing them when he was 4). Blame my hubby!! He is constantly checking into trailers for H3. He is beyond excited. He even got some cool Halo figures/ships for Christmas.

Shelby

My sons can't wait for it to be released either. Although my oldest, who's really into cars and the racing games, is probably more excited about Forza Motorsport 3 which is also soon to be released.

What is bad about console gaming?!!!!

not as much since they are more like a pc than ever before.

But mouse and keyboard is much better control then a joypad. I can reach 13 different buttons for commands with my left hand alone, if I could remember them all. Move with the left hand then add turn left-right, look up-down with the mouse movement and more functions with all the mouse buttons and wheel(s). Scroll weapons with the wheel, fire with left click, option right click, wheel button, thumb buttons etc...

Mikeeee

My DD's BF had an opportunity to try/test this out a few months ago ( not sure how/why) but he liked it a lot, and he is pretty much a Halo fanatic. He said he would buy it for sure.

Pam

not as much since they are more like a pc than ever before.

But mouse and keyboard is much better control then a joypad. I can reach 13 different buttons for commands with my left hand alone, if I could remember them all. Move with the left hand then add turn left-right, look up-down with the mouse movement and more functions with all the mouse buttons and wheel(s). Scroll weapons with the wheel, fire with left click, option right click, wheel button, thumb buttons etc...

Mikeeee

The mouse/keyboard combo is not always superior. With practice, an analogue control pad (with, say, two analogue sticks and two analogue triggers) can be far more accurate and controllable than a keyboard/mouse which only provides one analogue input, the mouse.

Rich::

The mouse/keyboard combo is not always superior. With practice, an analogue control pad (with, say, two analogue sticks and two analogue triggers) can be far more accurate and controllable than a keyboard/mouse which only provides one analogue input, the mouse.

Ok, if it is better you can use the gamepad on a PC. And better force feedback racing wheel and pedal sets are available.

gaming is one of the initiatives in the new windows vista os. It will allow gaming between the pc and the consoles. Niiiiiice
Mikeeee

Ok, if it was that much better, you can use the gamepad on a PC. And better force feedback racing wheel and pedal sets are available.

gaming is one of the initiatives in the new windows vista os. It will allow gaming between the pc and the consoles. Niiiiiice
Mikeeee

That only works if the game is released for your computer system.

Apple and Windows computer systems were treated to Halo: Combat Evolved but have been found wanting for Halo 2 and the imminent Halo 3. In fact, a whole slew of games remain games console only; Shenmue, Super Smash Brothers, Zelda, Goldeneye, Rez, etc.

Of course, in theory a sufficiently fast computer system could emulate the game console in question. N64 and PlayStation games can be happily emulated on a decent PC. However, Dreamcast emulation and higher is painful in these early days.

So, we're stuck with games consoles and will be so long as it is commercially viable. Don't worry though - you can get a keyboard and mouse for your XBox 360 very easily :)

[EDIT] There are games that are released for home computers only: Command & Conquer (well, most of them), Myst, Riven etc.)

ya, neither has 100% the best of everything.

Mikeeee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter