• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I can't wait any longer! ~UPDATE 5/25 I'm back!

You've certainly done your homework...good for you (I think I'll be skipping most of those...the problem of being a very fussy, picky eater. I think you'll have plenty of time to enjoy all those.

And yes...spring is definitely in the air...we have three days of mid-50's or higher forecast this week.

I'm pretty sure that falafel pita cucumber thing is my dream meal. Maybe they'll add it during food and wine too! A girl can dream right

Yum - food booths! :yay:

Although all of your choices look great, the Mexican chocolate custard and the blueberry and lemon tart look especially delicious. (However, I do have a thing for dessert... :rolleyes1 )

Therefore, I did what any good Diser would do:
1) Print out Flower and Garden Festival Outdoor Kitchens menus
2) Go through said menus multiple times and select MUST dos (or must eats, if you prefer)
3) Go to Disney Food Blog and obsess over pictures
4) Repeat steps 2 and 3 as often as desired
Whew, thank goodness I am a good DISer! :rotfl: (Though I didn't print, but I did copy the interesting items into Excel, so I'm hoping that counts). I love that we were both doing this over the weekend. :goodvibes

images courtesy of the Disney Food Blog.
Knowing that I wasn't the only one to use pictures from there makes me feel much better! :thumbsup2 I normally don't pull photos off websites, so I got all paranoid after posting. :scared:

I think you made some good, solid choices - most of which we share. Good to have priorities with such a short time and limited stomach space! ::yes::

My flight gets into MCO at 10:45am so even after doing the whole DME, check-in to Pop, catch a bus to Epcot, etc., etc. thing, I still anticipate having a good chunk of the day to spend at Epcot.
Oh, that should be a great arrival time. We get in at noon, so I'm hoping we're not starving for lunch by the time we get to Epcot. You'll be good there. Also, I just read the other day that checking into your resort is no longer necessary before going to a park, if you've done online check-in. Just in case you pull up on the DME and an Epcot bus does too. :confused3 Toss your bags to a bellhop and run for the food! :rotfl:

In other other news: the forecast shows highs in the 40s all week
I looked at our forecast here this morning (MN) and it showed highs in the 50's all week, maybe even 60 by Friday! :faint: :cool1: Yay for Spring!

I think your trip is going to be tons of fun! We are going to Pop from May 8th to May 17th. Tonight I get to book FPs for our group and do the online check-in. I am curious as to how this will work. We also got BOG for lunch. That was a stressful morning! Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

Sounds like a great 1st day plan!! We where there for Flower and Garden this past April...so pretty! I didn't get a chance to experiment with the food because I was traveling with a group of picky eaters. If it had just been my Mom and I, we would have definitely checked out the food booths!

Hey Tracy! Loving how your plans are looking! Yeah, its too bad you will only get to experience one day of F&G, but its better then none! As I know I already mentioned on my PTR, I am very excited to be there for it too, since it will be my first time. :)

This is something I would definitely be interested in trying! :goodvibes
YAY! That is super exciting!!!:cheer2:

Thank goodness. :woohoo:

Thanks! I'm also loving how things are shaping up! :thumbsup2

It pretty much looks like heaven on a plate :cloud9: I'll probably be lucky to eat just one ;)

I know, right?! :laughing: Winter has lasted long enough!

You've certainly done your homework...good for you (I think I'll be skipping most of those...the problem of being a very fussy, picky eater. I think you'll have plenty of time to enjoy all those.

And yes...spring is definitely in the air...we have three days of mid-50's or higher forecast this week.

Thanks, Kathy! I just better arrive with an appetite (though that's never a problem for me!) :laughing:

Today is marvelous! It was 49 on my drive home... woohoo! :woohoo:Spring is definitely in the air... I just hope it lasts! ::yes::

I'm pretty sure that falafel pita cucumber thing is my dream meal. Maybe they'll add it during food and wine too! A girl can dream right

A girl can absolutely dream! :thumbsup2 I'll dream right along with ya, just for support! ;) And yes, the falafel pita looks pretty much amazing.

Yum - food booths! :yay:

Although all of your choices look great, the Mexican chocolate custard and the blueberry and lemon tart look especially delicious. (However, I do have a thing for dessert... :rolleyes1 )

I know... perhaps it's best that I arrive on the last day of F&G... I will probably do enough damage just with one day! :laughing:

You and me BOTH on the desserts thing! I think every tooth in my mouth is a sweet tooth! :rolleyes1

Whew, thank goodness I am a good DISer! :rotfl: (Though I didn't print, but I did copy the interesting items into Excel, so I'm hoping that counts). I love that we were both doing this over the weekend. :goodvibes

Knowing that I wasn't the only one to use pictures from there makes me feel much better! :thumbsup2 I normally don't pull photos off websites, so I got all paranoid after posting. :scared:

I think you made some good, solid choices - most of which we share. Good to have priorities with such a short time and limited stomach space! ::yes::

Oh, that should be a great arrival time. We get in at noon, so I'm hoping we're not starving for lunch by the time we get to Epcot. You'll be good there. Also, I just read the other day that checking into your resort is no longer necessary before going to a park, if you've done online check-in. Just in case you pull up on the DME and an Epcot bus does too. :confused3 Toss your bags to a bellhop and run for the food! :rotfl:
I looked at our forecast here this morning (MN) and it showed highs in the 50's all week, maybe even 60 by Friday! :faint: :cool1: Yay for Spring!

You're not only a good Diser, you beat me out with a spreadsheet for F&G! :thumbsup2 I can claim spreadsheet glory with my park hours and daily trip details at least. :rolleyes: I know!!! I also love that we were both busy at work with this over the weekend! ::yes::

Yeah, I hear ya on the getting nervous about posting pictures. I figure since their images say "Disney Food Blog" that's credit enough. But I see their pictures all over the Dis so I think we're safe. :thumbsup2

Why, thank you! I think I made good choices based on my limited time there. I have several other options should I still be hungry... ;)

Ooooh... good idea!

I think your trip is going to be tons of fun! We are going to Pop from May 8th to May 17th. Tonight I get to book FPs for our group and do the online check-in. I am curious as to how this will work. We also got BOG for lunch. That was a stressful morning! Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

Thanks!!! :goodvibes I'm really looking forward to it... beyond a level most people would consider appropriate for a 32 year old going to Disney solo. :rotfl:That said... I don't care! :laughing:

I wonder if we'll run into each other on the 17th... :scratchin When are you heading out?

How did you make out with your FP selections? Hopefully well! :goodvibes Yay for your BoG lunch ADR... ugh, that was definitely stressful, wasn't it?! :sad2:

Thanks! I'm excited to share more with you, too!

Sounds like you'll be walking into Epcot right on time for a late lunch!

Indeed I will! I will be sure to arrive with an empty stomach! ::yes::

Sounds like a great 1st day plan!! We where there for Flower and Garden this past April...so pretty! I didn't get a chance to experiment with the food because I was traveling with a group of picky eaters. If it had just been my Mom and I, we would have definitely checked out the food booths!

Thanks! I'm really excited for it! Isn't Epcot just stunning during F&G? I haven't been during this time of the year in nearly a decade so I really can't wait to see it! Hopefully you'll have another opportunity soon to explore food booths at F&G! :goodvibes

I am sorry. We are checking out on 5/16...I don't know why I said 5/17..oh right because I never want to leave!

I am sorry. We are checking out on 5/16...I don't know why I said 5/17..oh right because I never want to leave!

Oh, darn! And yeah, I hear ya... who ever wants to leave!? Not me!!! :sad2: I'm depressed even thinking about leaving and my trip is over two months away! :lmao:

Ooh I can't wait to really look through the Flower and Garden booth menus to see what I want! I mean, of course, I've read them, but I haven't given it much thought yet! I think this is such a great addition to the F&G festival! :jumping1:

I'm so curious about that Frushi...I know it's one of the most popular items, but it seems weird to me! I'll probably just try it to see why everyone is so obsessed with it!

Can't wait to read more, so exciting!!!!

Park: Epcot
Ride: Kali River Rapids or POTC
Character: Belle, Marie
Restaurant: Boma

Ooh I can't wait to really look through the Flower and Garden booth menus to see what I want! I mean, of course, I've read them, but I haven't given it much thought yet! I think this is such a great addition to the F&G festival! :jumping1:

I'm so curious about that Frushi...I know it's one of the most popular items, but it seems weird to me! I'll probably just try it to see why everyone is so obsessed with it!

It was SO much fun!!! Actually narrowing down the list was a challenge though, so good luck! :laughing: And I agree - a GREAT addition to F&G! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to try the Frushi... though I've never had anything remotely similar. Good idea - just go for it to see what all the fuss is about! ::yes::

Can't wait to read more, so exciting!!!!

Park: Epcot
Ride: Kali River Rapids or POTC
Character: Belle, Marie
Restaurant: Boma

Hi there!!! :goodvibes Thanks for your favorites list - good choices! :thumbsup2 Can't wait to share more!

OKAY! I'm finally caught up! Life has been nuts lately, and not allotting me the amount of DIS time I would like! :crazy2:

Your Belle DisneyBound is SO. FREAKING. CUTE. :cutie: And I'm jealous you work in a library. That's one of those things that if I ever manage to go back to college that I will seriously consider. (Side note: Belle is my favorite, too. Go figure!)

You are tackling the food booths at F&G the same way I did during F&W. I had a printed list in-hand when I arrived, detailing all the bites and drinks I was after. NOM! popcorn::

May is sooooooooooo close! I'm excited for May to get here just so I can have park hours finally for my trip. Meanwhile, you'll actually BE THERE. Envyyyyyy! ::yes::

Hi, Tracy! I'm still getting caught up on your plans, but I want to make sure you know about this:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/walt-disney-world-announces-24-hour-event-at-magic-kingdom/

:cutie:

O.M.G. In fact, I did not know about this! Thank you, thank you! Boy, having Dis pals in the travel industry sure is nice!!! :worship:

OMG!!! You're going to be there for the 24 Hour Event!!!!

Ahhhh! So exciting!!! I can't believe it, what luck! :cloud9:

OKAY! I'm finally caught up! Life has been nuts lately, and not allotting me the amount of DIS time I would like! :crazy2:

Your Belle DisneyBound is SO. FREAKING. CUTE. :cutie: And I'm jealous you work in a library. That's one of those things that if I ever manage to go back to college that I will seriously consider. (Side note: Belle is my favorite, too. Go figure!)

You are tackling the food booths at F&G the same way I did during F&W. I had a printed list in-hand when I arrived, detailing all the bites and drinks I was after. NOM! popcorn::

May is sooooooooooo close! I'm excited for May to get here just so I can have park hours finally for my trip. Meanwhile, you'll actually BE THERE. Envyyyyyy! ::yes::

I understand that - I'm never on the Dis as often as I'd like, no matter what! :laughing:

Thank you! It was so much fun! Working in a library is great, it definitely is ideal for me. Funny though... I'm totally jealous of YOUR job!!! ::yes::

May really is getting close... woohoo for us both!!! :goodvibes

Thanks again for the fabulous news you shared!!! :thumbsup2

Catching the end of F&G and the 24-hour event? It sounds like everything is shaping up perfectly!!

I had spreadsheets and highlighted portions when we were there for F&W! Drooling over the pictures on DFB is half the fun. The other half is eating it!! :rotfl:

You're FP+ window should be coming up soon, right? Exciting!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter