• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I can't get enough reality! A bit of Wives, Contestants and a whole lot of crazy!

megan511

Mouseketeer
Do you ever find yourself talking about total strangers like they are family members? Do you talk to yourself in the kitchen explaining your cooking prep to an audience that isn't there? Do you enjoy watching the antics of others and take solace that you will never act that crazy? Do you think Andy Cohen is your best friend?

Then welcome to this thread! I love reality TV. I was ashamed for many years but I am learning to accept it. I thought I would create a place for those of us who may have been suppressing our true love of these shows. A place for us whose spouses are tired of hearing about our "friends" we have never met:rolleyes1

These are the shows I am currently way too involved in:rotfl2:
Real Housewives (I watch them all:scared1:)
Around the World in 80 Plates
Pregnant in Heels
Sister Wives
Food Network Star
Watch What Happens Live (does this count?)

I also watch a slew of others including

Project Runway (it is not Project Runway without Tim Gunn, ok All Stars?)
Cupcake Wars
Flipping Out
Tabatha Takes Over
16 & Pregnant and Teen Mom (ok, I'm embarrassed about those:rotfl2:)
I have watched some Dance Moms, Amazing Race, Survivor, Celebrity Apprentice and many others.

Let's keep this thread like my BFF Andy, light and funny. Obviously reality shows are not that serious:lmao:. Feel free to discuss these shows or any other, I love hearing about new shows to get hooked on!

Do you ever find yourself talking about total strangers like they are family members? Do you talk to yourself in the kitchen explaining your cooking prep to an audience that isn't there? Do you enjoy watching the antics of others and take solace that you will never act that crazy? Do you think Andy Cohen is your best friend?

Then welcome to this thread! I love reality TV. I was ashamed for many years but I am learning to accept it. I thought I would create a place for those of us who may have been suppressing our true love of these shows. A place for us whose spouses are tired of hearing about our "friends" we have never met:rolleyes1

These are the shows I am currently way too involved in:rotfl2:
Real Housewives (I watch them all:scared1:)
Pregnant in Heels
Sister Wives
Food Network Star
Watch What Happens Live (does this count?)

I also watch a slew of others including

Project Runway (it is not Project Runway without Tim Gunn, ok All Stars?)
Cupcake Wars
Flipping Out
Tabatha Takes Over
16 & Pregnant and Teen Mom (ok, I'm embarrassed about those:rotfl2:)
I have watched some Dance Moms, Amazing Race, Survivor, Celebrity Apprentice and many others.

Let's keep this thread like my BFF Andy, light and funny. Obviously reality shows are not that serious:lmao:. Feel free to discuss these shows or any other, I love hearing about new shows to get hooked on!

I LOVE reality TV. To me it is pure entertainment. Right now, it is storming where I am, my house is clean and DH is going out for Chinese. we, including the kids,are looking forward to a whole night of Pawn Stars. Not total reality TV, but I am a happy camper.

Love it!!!
ALL the Housewives
Say yes to the Dress
Lizard Lick
Storage Wars
Bachelor/Bachelorette
House Hunters/International
Kardashians
Mrs Eastwood and Co.
I even watch Jersey Shore:rolleyes1
Can't wait til Big Brother!!!

Whew, I'm glad I got that off my chest!!:goodvibes

I am a reality tv junkie and there are getting so many, I was thinking the other day I need a weekly chart (or I'm getting older and can't remember what's on what night!)

All the Housewives but I quit Atlanta and Miami
That new Southwest Airline show
Amazing Race
Survivor
The Mole when it was on
Tia and Tamara
Househunters when flipping through channels
Sometimes Big Brother
Most time Bachelor/ette but skipped it this season
Say Yes to the Dress
4 Weddings
Khardasians (entertainment only, could care less what they do)
Betty White show where the older folks punk the younger ones
LA Realtor Show with Madison (he's so handsome)
Apprentice both regular and celebrity
Caught a few episodes of Jenny McCarthy(?), thought it was good but haven't seen anymore on.
Family Jewels-not a KISS fan but the show was interesting
IceRoad Truckers-didn't watch it last year but Jack is back this year
Flipping Out (did not like his new show)
Dance Moms Pittsburg series not the FL one
Usually catch Project Runway a season later on reruns

Yes, I have no life right now but moving out of the apartment and buying a house so hopefully that will change.

On Demand is a wonderful thing! Caught up on all the Family Jewel episodes I missed while babysitting (they were asleep).

WWHL-can do with or without it depending on who the guest is.

I LOVE reality TV. To me it is pure entertainment. Right now, it is storming where I am, my house is clean and DH is going out for Chinese. we, including the kids,are looking forward to a whole night of Pawn Stars. Not total reality TV, but I am a happy camper.

Reality TV is just pure mindless fun! Sounds like a fun night to me. We watch Pawn Stars too and American Pickers.

Love it!!!
ALL the Housewives
Say yes to the Dress
Lizard Lick
Storage Wars
Bachelor/Bachelorette
House Hunters/International
Kardashians
Mrs Eastwood and Co.
I even watch Jersey Shore:rolleyes1
Can't wait til Big Brother!!!

Whew, I'm glad I got that off my chest!!:goodvibes

I watch all the housewives too! I love it, I can't help myself! Who are your favorites? I watch Say Yes to the Dress and Storage Wars too.:thumbsup2

I am a reality tv junkie and there are getting so many, I was thinking the other day I need a weekly chart (or I'm getting older and can't remember what's on what night!)

All the Housewives but I quit Atlanta and Miami
That new Southwest Airline show
Amazing Race
Survivor
The Mole when it was on
Tia and Tamara
Househunters when flipping through channels
Sometimes Big Brother
Most time Bachelor/ette but skipped it this season
Say Yes to the Dress
4 Weddings
Khardasians (entertainment only, could care less what they do)
Betty White show where the older folks punk the younger ones
LA Realtor Show with Madison (he's so handsome)
Apprentice both regular and celebrity
Caught a few episodes of Jenny McCarthy(?), thought it was good but haven't seen anymore on.
Family Jewels-not a KISS fan but the show was interesting
IceRoad Truckers-didn't watch it last year but Jack is back this year
Flipping Out (did not like his new show)
Dance Moms Pittsburg series not the FL one
Usually catch Project Runway a season later on reruns

Yes, I have no life right now but moving out of the apartment and buying a house so hopefully that will change.

On Demand is a wonderful thing! Caught up on all the Family Jewel episodes I missed while babysitting (they were asleep).

WWHL-can do with or without it depending on who the guest is.

I love the weekly chart idea! :rotfl2: I need one too! I understand quitting Atlanta and Miami. NeNe has changed so much and I thought Miami was a snooze. Who are your favorite housewives? I have the new Southwest show on my DVR, I need to watch it as soon as I catch up with Housewives. Oh I watch 4 weddings, I forgot about that and IRT when I catch it. Whew, it sounds like I do nothing but watch tv but I really don't!:rotfl2:

My sister and I watch polar opposite shows and agree ONLY on Storage Wars.

I like the competition ones mostly, and avoid anything that involves anything with the word "wives" "babies" or "weddings" in it. I know, I've never been a "girl"... ;)

I actually DO like the Bachelor and the Bachelorette, so I guess I'm a little off, my sister HATES it but will watch a show where women are pulling each other's hair out! :confused3

I like

Food Network Star
The Next Design Star
American Idol
Big Brother (SOMETIMES)
Both Apprentices
Both Bachelors

All tongue in cheek, like to find out who eventually wins.

My sister and I watch polar opposite shows and agree ONLY on Storage Wars.

I like the competition ones mostly, and avoid anything that involves anything with the word "wives" "babies" or "weddings" in it. I know, I've never been a "girl"... ;)

I actually DO like the Bachelor and the Bachelorette, so I guess I'm a little off, my sister HATES it but will watch a show where women are pulling each other's hair out! :confused3

I like

Food Network Star
The Next Design Star
American Idol
Big Brother (SOMETIMES)
Both Apprentices
Both Bachelors

All tongue in cheek, like to find out who eventually wins.

That's funny you only agree on one show but at least you agree on something!

Yeah the baby shows (16 & Pregnant and Teen Mom) are the ones I feel most guilty about. The Housewives can be extreme for sure, I just have gotten sucked into their lives.:rotfl2:

I like competition shows too. We used to watch American Idol until Simon left. I watched X Factor but I don't know what it was but I couldn't get into it.

I love love LOVE reality TV! Unfortunately my DH is a big ol' poopy head when it comes to TV. He thinks we should only watch "important" stuff, like NCIS, Bones,or History of the Internet.:coffee: Lots of times I just give in and let him have the remote--I'd rather just surf the net when he's watching his shows. But now and then I'll take myself upstairs and watch a Teen Mom marathon. :rotfl:

I like:
Intervention
Celebrity Rehab
Hoarders
Sister Wives
Las Vegas Jail
truTV World's Dumbest
Say Yes to the Dress
Four Weddings
Flip This House
Campus PD :joker:

As I like to point out to my DH and DD19(who also thinks I have crappy taste in TV): I have two college degrees and a good job. I think I've earned to right to watch mindless TV.:rolleyes2

That's funny you only agree on one show but at least you agree on something!

Yeah the baby shows (16 & Pregnant and Teen Mom) are the ones I feel most guilty about. The Housewives can be extreme for sure, I just have gotten sucked into their lives.:rotfl2:

I like competition shows too. We used to watch American Idol until Simon left. I watched X Factor but I don't know what it was but I couldn't get into it.

I never got into X Factor either, but I loved the Voice and Duets.

American Idol sort of stinks since Simon left, and they barely have any R&B singers anymore. The Voice and Duets not only showcase them, they actually WIN. Not on AI anymore, it bugs the heck out of me.

As I like to point out to my DH and DD19(who also thinks I have crappy taste in TV): I have two college degrees and a good job. I think I've earned to right to watch mindless TV.:rolleyes2

LoL, I do too and I even WORK in TV. :joker:

My 19yo son thinks my show just STINK but I hate HIS shows,too!:crazy2:

Anything about the paranormal and ghost hunting (I also have tiny crushes on Zak Bagans and Ryan Buell)
DWTS
AI/The Voice
ANBDC
Wipeout
Mythbusters
Dirty Jobs
Destination Truth

I love the week
weekly chart idea! :rotfl2: I need one too! I understand quitting Atlanta and Miami. NeNe has changed so much and I thought Miami was a snooze. Who are your favorite housewives? I have the new Southwest show on my DVR, I need to watch it as soon as I catch up with Housewives. Oh I watch 4 weddings, I forgot about that and IRT when I catch it. Whew, it sounds like I do nothing but watch tv but I really don't!:rotfl2:
[/QUOTE]

My list looks like all I do is watch tv also but I usually watch the reruns (thatnk goodness for cable, miss it today, it's on tomorrow).

My favorites on Housewives?
NY-Ramona and Bethenny
BH-Adrienne (it's a Sacramento thing but if the Kings are gone, may have to switch)
OC-Gretchen
NJ-Theresa

Worst
NY-Jill, Luanne, Kelly
BH-Taylor lips
OC-Tamara
NJ-Caroline and Melissa (Joey and Richie for the husbands)

My shows are

-Amazing Race
-Around the World in 80 Plates
-Bachelor(ette)
-Big Brother (new season starts on my birthday!!)
-Celebrity Apprentice
-Chopped
-Cupcake Wars
-Dance Moms
-Dogs in the City
-Food Network Star
-Four Weddings
-Hell's Kitchen
-HGTV Design Star
-Masterchef
-My Fair Wedding with David Tutera
-Pregnant in Heels
-Project Runway
-Real Housewives (Beverly Hills, NYC, NJ, DC, Miami)
-Say Yes to the Dress
-So You Think You Can Dance
-Survivor
-The Choice
-Wipeout (does this count?)

I have a problem :lmao:

Hey! I'm joining in!

Here is all of the shows I watch....or at least the ones I can think of right now. :laughing:

Real Housewives....NJ, NY, OC, BH
Andy Cohen's talk show.....love him! :love:
Pregnant in Heels
Million Dollar Listing New York
Million Dollar Listing LA but sometimes I forget that it's on
Amazing Race
Hell's Kitchen
Master Chef
House Hunters & the International one too
Toddlers & Tiaras....yes, I know it's awful....but I can't look away when it's on late at night & there's nothing else on
Dance Moms....again, late at night
Hoarders.....one night my 4 year old son walked in on me watching this show. He sat on the couch & said, "Mommy, that house is nasty. Why don't they just clean up?" :lmao:
Design Star
Fashion Star
I have a feeling there's more but I can't think of them right now. :sad2:

I'm a reality TV junkie too!!! Me and DH agree on most of them (thank goodness) but there's also several I watch alone. Here's my list:

Housewives (OC, BH, Atlanta)
Teen Mom
16 and Pregnant
Sister Wives
Bad Girls Club (I know its terrible)
Deadliest Catch
Pregnant in Heels
Swamp People
Mountain Men
Bait Car
Jail
Hardcore Pawn
Pawn Stars
Moonshiners
House Hunters (all of them)
My Yard Goes Disney
Top Chef
Betty Whites Show
Make room for Multiples
Say yes to the Dress
4 Weddings
Million Dollar Listing (both)
Selling New York.....and LA

I think that's it......I think lol :headache:

Here my list

America Idol
The Bachelor
Big Brother
Glass House
Survivor
Top Chef
Amazing Race
Pawn Stars
Hardcore Pawn
Lizard Lick Towing
Operation Repo
Storage Wars
Sister Wives
Food Network Star
Teen Mon
Biggest Loser
Celebrity Apprentice
The Voice
Duet
Iron Chef
Worst Cook in America
America Got Talent
Wipeout
Shark Tank

There is a new show starting tonight called Escape I beleive

Here my list

America Idol
The Bachelor
Big Brother
Glass House
Survivor
Top Chef
Amazing Race
Pawn Stars
Hardcore Pawn
Lizard Lick Towing
Operation Repo
Storage Wars
Sister Wives
Food Network Star
Teen Mon
Biggest Loser
Celebrity Apprentice
The Voice
Duet
Iron Chef
Worst Cook in America
America Got Talent
Wipeout
Shark Tank

There is a new show starting tonight called Escape I beleive

I love Hardcore Pawn. I am visiting a friend in Michigan in August and my one demand was we go to American jewerly and loan. He thinks I am crazy.

I love love LOVE reality TV! Unfortunately my DH is a big ol' poopy head when it comes to TV. He thinks we should only watch "important" stuff, like NCIS, Bones,or History of the Internet.:coffee: Lots of times I just give in and let him have the remote--I'd rather just surf the net when he's watching his shows. But now and then I'll take myself upstairs and watch a Teen Mom marathon. :rotfl:

I like:
Intervention
Celebrity Rehab
Hoarders
Sister Wives
Las Vegas Jail
truTV World's Dumbest
Say Yes to the Dress
Four Weddings
Flip This House
Campus PD :joker:

I would say that you have definitely earned that! My DH likes the competition reality shows but not the others. He can't take the housewives!

I never got into X Factor either, but I loved the Voice and Duets.

American Idol sort of stinks since Simon left, and they barely have any R&B singers anymore. The Voice and Duets not only showcase them, they actually WIN. Not on AI anymore, it bugs the heck out of me.

Yes, it seems like the same person wins every year. Some average looking guy with a guitar. Although I have no idea who won this past season. My mom loves the Voice.

Anything about the paranormal and ghost hunting (I also have tiny crushes on Zak Bagans and Ryan Buell)
DWTS
AI/The Voice
ANBDC
Wipeout
Mythbusters
Dirty Jobs
Destination Truth

Ooh, I used to watch Ghost Hunters too. But I think the original guys have left now?

I love the week
weekly chart idea! :rotfl2: I need one too! I understand quitting Atlanta and Miami. NeNe has changed so much and I thought Miami was a snooze. Who are your favorite housewives? I have the new Southwest show on my DVR, I need to watch it as soon as I catch up with Housewives. Oh I watch 4 weddings, I forgot about that and IRT when I catch it. Whew, it sounds like I do nothing but watch tv but I really don't!:rotfl2:

My list looks like all I do is watch tv also but I usually watch the reruns (thatnk goodness for cable, miss it today, it's on tomorrow).

My favorites on Housewives?
NY-Ramona and Bethenny
BH-Adrienne (it's a Sacramento thing but if the Kings are gone, may have to switch)
OC-Gretchen
NJ-Theresa

Worst
NY-Jill, Luanne, Kelly
BH-Taylor lips
OC-Tamara
NJ-Caroline and Melissa (Joey and Richie for the husbands)[/QUOTE]

Gretchen is my fave on OC too. I like Adrienne but I think she is jealous of Lisa. I agree with you on NY and I can't stand Taylor! They need to get her off that show because I think she needs serious help. Her life is a train wreck right now.

My shows are

-Amazing Race
-Around the World in 80 Plates
-Bachelor(ette)
-Big Brother (new season starts on my birthday!!)
-Celebrity Apprentice
-Chopped
-Cupcake Wars
-Dance Moms
-Dogs in the City
-Food Network Star
-Four Weddings
-Hell's Kitchen
-HGTV Design Star
-Masterchef
-My Fair Wedding with David Tutera
-Pregnant in Heels
-Project Runway
-Real Housewives (Beverly Hills, NYC, NJ, DC, Miami)
-Say Yes to the Dress
-So You Think You Can Dance
-Survivor
-The Choice
-Wipeout (does this count?)

I have a problem :lmao:

I watch just about all of those too! We have a problem together:rotfl2: I love David Turtera, I forgot about him. He's so sweet!

Hey! I'm joining in!

Here is all of the shows I watch....or at least the ones I can think of right now. :laughing:

Real Housewives....NJ, NY, OC, BH
Andy Cohen's talk show.....love him! :love:
Pregnant in Heels
Million Dollar Listing New York
Million Dollar Listing LA but sometimes I forget that it's on
Amazing Race
Hell's Kitchen
Master Chef
House Hunters & the International one too
Toddlers & Tiaras....yes, I know it's awful....but I can't look away when it's on late at night & there's nothing else on
Dance Moms....again, late at night
Hoarders.....one night my 4 year old son walked in on me watching this show. He sat on the couch & said, "Mommy, that house is nasty. Why don't they just clean up?" :lmao:
Design Star
Fashion Star
I have a feeling there's more but I can't think of them right now. :sad2:

Hi Amanda:goodvibes

I did some serious catching up this weekend. I am totally caught up on NJ housewives. I am 2 episodes behind on OC and I am 1 episode behind on NY. So far I think I like the new NY girls? Heather seems nice although she talks a lot. Carole wasn't on there much but what I saw she was fine. Aviva has the makings of being a wild card. It looks like this stuff with her ex-husband is going to stir the pot. How do you feel about LuAnn and Ramona? LuAnn is so condescending, "Oh daaaarling." Ramona talks too much though and has foot in mouth disease for sure. I go back and forth on Sonja but I usually like her.

I love, love, love Andy. Like I said he's my BFF. I am sooo behind on his show though. I don't think I've watched it since we got back from FL almost a month ago:scared1: It's all on the DVR though. :thumbsup2

I'm super behind on Pregnant in Heels too but I love Rosie. She's so cute.

I'm behind on 80 Plates too. I'm hoping to catch up soon as I think that's one Chad might watch with me. We have been watching old episodes of Amazing Race too.

That's so funny about Hoarders. Those people are seriously unwell.

Chad loves Shark Tank. My dad and I watch Swamp People sometimes too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter