I can't decide!

Dragynflies

Earning My Ears
I am taking my son to either Disneyland or Disney World for his birthday. It would just be the two of us, with a possibility of my aunt and uncle meeting us if we go to California.

If we do California, we have a two bedroom suite at Staybridge, 3 day 1 park per day ticket, A character breakfast and a character dinner, and transportation PLUS a day at Sea World with busing covered, and the added perk of my aunt and uncle visiting. Plus, my boy is super into Cars so Carsland would be a treat.

IF we do Florida, we'd stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village with a savanna view, 3 day tickets, memory maker, the dining plan and transportation.

Same cost for either trip. Add on costs for CA would be food and souvenirs, add on costs for FL would be I guess souvenirs and extra treats.

My son has never been to either, I haven't been to CA in a long, long time. He loves Toy Story and Cars and animals.

What are your favorite vacation memories?!?!

If it's between the two and he's never done either you could go either way. On the one hand, as a first time California would probably still be overwhelming in a good way. Carsland if he's into Cars would as you mention be a huge win. On the other hand, WDW in Florida is a whole other scale. 3 days there barely scratches the surface, and if he likes animals staying at AKL with the Savannah view could meet the impressive-ness of Carsland. In the end if you think you could get to both over the next X years, then I'd say start with California then level up the next time with WDW, if this will be the only trip to Disney for the foreseeable future then go straight for Florida.

I am taking my son to either Disneyland or Disney World for his birthday. It would just be the two of us, with a possibility of my aunt and uncle meeting us if we go to California.

If we do California, we have a two bedroom suite at Staybridge, 3 day 1 park per day ticket, A character breakfast and a character dinner, and transportation PLUS a day at Sea World with busing covered, and the added perk of my aunt and uncle visiting. Plus, my boy is super into Cars so Carsland would be a treat.

IF we do Florida, we'd stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village with a savanna view, 3 day tickets, memory maker, the dining plan and transportation.

Same cost for either trip. Add on costs for CA would be food and souvenirs, add on costs for FL would be I guess souvenirs and extra treats.

My son has never been to either, I haven't been to CA in a long, long time. He loves Toy Story and Cars and animals.

What are your favorite vacation memories?!?!

WHat about transportation costs to get to California or Florida? For me (coming from the North East) California is a much more expensive flight than Orlando. I think you have to take that into consideration as well.

Based on your comment, I would probably pick WDW just because it seems like that is the lower cost option for you. But what are your travel expenses? Which area are you closer to? Which area could you see yourself visiting again in the near future?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter