• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I can't decide! CRT or not...

disneynewman

DIS Veteran
We will be there 10/2-7 w/ FD. We have never eaten there before and I just can't seem to commit to using 2 TS credits for it. This will be our first time on the Dining plan and even though it is free I am still trying to save the most money possible...One day I want to try it because I would never pay OOP for it and and then the next day I think that we could eat at 2 other TS places if we don't.
decisions decisions....what do you all think?

We have two boys and have been to Disney the last 3 years and never went.

This year the boys want to "eat in the castle!!!!!!!", so we gave in and are doing it. I think it will be a cool experience for all just because you get to "eat in the castle!!!!!!"

We are eating lunch there on our last day!! booked yesterday!! after reviewing the menu i do not think hubby is going to like anything!!! he is picky. We have always wanted to eat there and figure with FD this is our way to go. I would never pay OOP for there - nor would I use 2 TS credits if I had paid for them! We are though super excited for our visit there!! Figure we have to do it at least once!!!:yay:

My kids were same age as yours when they first ate at CRT and both thought it was so cool to eat inside the castle.
My daughter was a big fan of Cinderella then and that made the whole experience just magical to her, for us it was worth every penny (OOP) and we actually enjoyed the food (lunch).
If your daughter is into princesses she will love it.

We did CRT the last two times with free dining.
Yes, it is an extremely inefficeint use of dining credits...but I looked at it this way.
1) I would never pay OOP that price for CRT.
2) I would never use 2 TS I PAID for for CRT.
3) However, eating at the castle is a great experience for the kids, and this is the absolute least expensive way we will ever get to do it, so why not give it a try.
4) We are getting a very good deal from free dining, and therefore the fact the credits are not used super-efficiently is not so bad.

In fact, we did this in 2007 FD as a one-time thing, but did it again with FD in 2008. If it means one extra QS meal that you have to pay OOP during the week, so what...you'll never get a better chance to do it...go for it. (But go for lunch - not dinner. The princesses aren't there for dinner, unless you don't want princesses.)

SkierPete

I did CRT for dinner and used 2TS. I am doing breakfast next time and paying OOP but this is because my daughter is under 3 so I am not paying her. I also decided that it would be either my DH or I would take her. I didn't want to pay $84 for breakfast.

I enjoyed dinner. I thought the singing by the Fairy Godmother was very cute. I am going to do breakfast because I wanted my daughter to get to see the Princesses. For me that is worth the $42.40.

I say go for it and do it at least once. We have been 3 times for breakfast and 2 times for dinner. My kiddos really enjoyed eating in the castle! :)

It is my first time to WDW and we too are going during free dining. I do plan on attending CRT, but mainly for DD who is 7 and myself (Cinderella fan). I havent decided yet if I am going to pay OOP or use 2 TS credits. princess:

We did it last time on the dining plan (not FD). This next time I'm going to pay OOP for it as not to use credits. We LOVED it! We did lunch last time and I'm planning on breakfast this time.

Do it once and free dining seems like the best time to try it. My DS and I went this spring and it was probably our worst meal as far as food and character interaction, but the experience of dining in the castle was worth it.

well I guess I will leave it up to fate. If I can manage to get a reservation for a time that works for us then we will go for it but if it doesn't work out I'll have to come up with a back up plan.

I do think I will regret not taking advantage of the experience of eating in the castle (for free)!

Thanks Everyone!

:cool1:We did CRT(Breakfast) last trip in 07 on the dining plan. My boys loved being in the castle. We are going this year for FD and my DS (7) is insisting on going again. Hopefully I can get the ADR. I think everyone should do it at least once. Try to get a seat near the window. It's great looking out at the park.:goodvibes

We went in Sept 07. I didn't want to use 2 TS credits so we went for breakfast and I paid OOP. The price of breakfast was cheaper than 2 TS meals so it was the one meal I paid OOP.

Gratutity and the photo package is included though and it is AYCE correct?

So IMO, this makes it actually a good use of TS credits during "free dining" b/c while you use 2 TS it is actually totally free (no ordering appetizers or paying a tip, etc.) of OOP expenses

Gratutity and the photo package is included though and it is AYCE correct?

So IMO, this makes it actually a good use of TS credits during "free dining" b/c while you use 2 TS it is actually totally free (no ordering appetizers or paying a tip, etc.) of OOP expenses

Yes to Gratuity and photopackage...no to all you can eat. I did spreadsheet and tracked TS costs, and even with Gratuity included, CRT is a very poor use of 2 TS credits. (Actually, most 2 credit restauarants are, because typically they are only about 50-70 % more expensive than a 1 TS credit restaurant.)

SkierPete

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter