"I can't believe we're staying here!" An Feb'16 DLR PTR (TR link Post #355)

I'm going to try for the occasional update from WDW on this thread - and I promise a TR will follow!

Awesome! Looking forward to your updates!

Good luck packing! For us it's usually flip-flopped. I'm the one who will have everything packed a week in advance. Eric will pack an hour before we leave!

Have fun!!!! Safe travels & here's hoping that Erika misses you guys! Can't wait to hear all about the POLY!!!!! :)

I downloaded the accuweather app for my phone today. I like it because it gives you a little chart that tells you when it is going to rain and how long to expect it to last. I've found it to be very helpful on past vacations, when we are ducked under somewhere debating whether it is "worth it" to break out the ponchos vs just a fleeting shower.

I am hopeful about Erika after watching Danny disappear. At least our travel days aren't affected!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! Packing is well underway. I am running out of patience, I need to be on a plane to Florida.

I downloaded the accuweather app for my phone today. I like it because it gives you a little chart that tells you when it is going to rain and how long to expect it to last. I've found it to be very helpful on past vacations, when we are ducked under somewhere debating whether it is "worth it" to break out the ponchos vs just a fleeting shower.

I am hopeful about Erika after watching Danny disappear. At least our travel days aren't affected!

Yeah, Danny fell apart pretty good, but things are so far not looking good for our Monday plans and probably Tuesday as well! Erika seems somewhat more certain, but it IS a ways off. However, even without a direct hit it could result in a considerable amount of rain. I wonder how this would affect the YES program - because that would be our primary events those days. The good news is often a storm like this sucks up a lot of moisture from the surrounding air, and you get several days of very dry weather just afterwards. Just keep telling yourself you are at Disney!

at201505_5day.gif

Monday plans and probably Tuesday as well!

Ugh. Monday is a "no big deal" day so rain may acutally be good... but Tuesday we were planning on water park and I really want to chill in our cabana! At least I'll save some money if I have to cancel...

First full day going well. Hit most of the important stuff at DHS so now only have an evening left there. Don't want to share details cause then no one will read my TR. Beach club is nice but I don't think it will turn out to be a favorite.

Our room request wasn't honored, except we are near the elevator. This is our view - trees. If we look to the right during illuminations, we can see the fireworks over the trees. However, we are pretty close to the main lobby, and the bus stop, so overall I'm happy with the locale.

Stay tuned for updates as we go!
IMG_20150829_162824.jpg

Can't beat the proximity to Epcot at Beach Club but I found myself unimpressed by the BCV as well when I stayed there. I think it reminded me too much of Country Living in the 1980's..... vs a very expensive resort I just paid for!

Enjoying your updates via FB! Have funnnnnn!!!!!

Can't beat the proximity to Epcot at Beach Club but I found myself unimpressed by the BCV as well when I stayed there. I think it reminded me too much of Country Living in the 1980's..... vs a very expensive resort I just paid for!

Enjoying your updates via FB! Have funnnnnn!!!!!

Agree. Gotta love that 3 minute walk. Stormalong Bay is also very nice, but was very busy midday, and would actually say it's only incrementally better than say the AKL pool. They were definitely checking magic bands to get in.

Glad you made it ok. I can't wait to hear more. I'm very excited about our first stay at the beach club in January.

Looks like rain for most of the day. A good day for a water park. (People somehow are afraid of getting wet at a water park.)

Water park was pretty empty though it never rained. It was about 90% British citizens, maybe they don't let rain stop them because they are so used to it. Tonight is date night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter