• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I can't believe it's here!

pammydw

They call me Mrs. Potato Head!
I can't believe it's here! We will be in the World in two days! We have kept this secret for 6 months. Our DD will find out tomorrow, after play practice, that she is spending her 8th birthday in WDW!!:cool1:
We plan on telling her with a Clue inspired scavenger hunt, that my DH made! All our family is coming to celebrate, unbeknownst to her, and will be here when she comes home.
All day, she will be getting clues to our trip. I plan on making her lunch Disney inspired with Mickey Mouse cheese, a Minnie sandwich, and Phineas and Ferb jello jigglers. We are also dropping off Minnie Mouse cupcakes that I am making, tomorrow at school while she is at lunch. (That way she can't ask us a bunch of questions!) We will add a card just telling her that she will find out why her birthday treat is two days early!

I am so glad it's finally here. It has been hard keeping this a secret for 6 months. I have almost blown it a few times!

I have loved being a part of the disboards and everyone has just been so helpful and nicepixiedust:! What a great form of human spirit, perfect strangers coming together with a common goal. Fun at Disney!:thumbsup2

Thank you all!

Sounds great!! Take pictures when she finds out.. or better yet a video!! Have a great time!

Can you be my parents?!

That's awesome! I just got back two days ago. Have a great trip. It's amazing. Remember to try and take it all in instead of rushing through everything!

Have tons of fun :)

Hope you (took) or are planning to take a video. I can't wait to hear all the details!!!

Will this be her first trip?? So excited for her! Let us know how it goes! pixiedust:

You are the most awesome parents in the whole world! Your Daughter will absolutely freak when she learns where she will be on her birthday!!!

Be sure to get her a birthday pin. All the CMs at all of the attractions will wish her a Happy Birthday!

And - tell her Happy Birthday from all of us, too. :thumbsup2

I bet many of us are waiting to hear how this worked out.. Was she super excited and surprised??

:goodvibes

Okay. So it's been exactly 6 months since we told our girl and went to the happiest place on earth! I will tell you all, she was so surprised! Beyond surprised. But it was when she looked up at her daddy and asked so quietly and simply, "really?" That made me tear up! We hd the most amazing time and starting planning our next trip on the 2nd day of this trip!

Aww that made me tear up! We too have been keeping a trip a secret since about November. And its now 3 weeks away! Our son will be spending his 5th birthday there, and we are telling him RIGHT before we leave for the airport. I hope he takes it well:)

I hope your daughter had the best birthday ever!

Aww that made me tear up! We too have been keeping a trip a secret since about November. And its now 3 weeks away! Our son will be spending his 5th birthday there, and we are telling him RIGHT before we leave for the airport. I hope he takes it well:)

I hope your daughter had the best birthday ever!

What a great secret to keep, and soooo hard to keep! I hope you have the most amazing time! We are planning our next trip for late November or early December, depending on when our daughter's school play is!

I bet your son will be super excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter