I can't believe I just booked for Dec!

patsal

<font color=FF3399>I've discovered I don't need to
I'm so excited, I just booked a five day package for December 14-19th. We've never been at Christmas Time and we are going with my parents as well. I can't wait now. Also, does anyone know how Magical Express works with Southwest airlines--it is just showing up as unknown on my itinerary. Now I have to tell the kids and make ADR's--can I do this for the CP pkg on a dining plan. I always DVC so this whole room plus the extras has me all wacked out! :crazy:

I just booked for December too. A spare of the moment decision.

I don't believe the CP can be used with the dinning but check. We just came back and they wouldn't let us use dinning for the Fantasmic Dinner package.

Have a great trip.

Yes, you will likely be able to use the dining plan with the CP packages. A number of people have done just that. It may depend on who you get in CRO though.

The problem you will have is getting a reservation for the CP package.

Thanks! I'm going to call tomorrow!

Absolutely spur of the moment here as well. It just makes it all the more exciting!

I did that "spur of the moment" thing for our Thanksgiving trip. I am so excited! I really love the spontaneous urge trips!! I managed to pull it all together with the ADRs, good luck getting yours, too! :sunny:

Have a great stay - you will LOVE seeing all the beautiful Xmas decorations.

Happy planning!!

Lives4Disney :earsgirl:

:wave2: another spur of the moment traveler here. Saw the nov/dec pkg rates and went ahead and booked. Asked for time off from work after :rotfl: . It's a surprise for the kids... they won't know we are going until we get in the car. First time I've been able to do that one. Decided to stay at POP for something really fun and whimsical while they are still young... I mean really a giant big wheel! How cool is that! :banana:

DH and I were there for a belated honeymoon in late Nov. 1989 but I don't remember the Christmas decorations. So I'm really looking forward to taking the kids and seeing all of the holiday decorations. Purchased tickets for MVMCP also... our first. :wizard:

I just did the same thing last week. Dec. 9-14 @ POP and I am sooooo excited!!!! My husband thinks I'm crazy though, as we were just there in Aug.

Seriously, Disney should give the DIS sponsor money. I keeps WDW in my head 24/7. :rotfl:

patsal said:
I'm so excited, I just booked a five day package for December 14-19th. We've never been at Christmas Time and we are going with my parents as well. I can't wait now. Also, does anyone know how Magical Express works with Southwest airlines--it is just showing up as unknown on my itinerary. Now I have to tell the kids and make ADR's--can I do this for the CP pkg on a dining plan. I always DVC so this whole room plus the extras has me all wacked out! :crazy:
We flew southwest. You need to call ME and give them your flight information as soon as you have it. They will send you a packet about a month before your trip with some luggage tags and your itenerary, then about a week after that we recieved our ME tags. You put the tags on your luggage. Go to the airport, drop off the luggage as usual.
When you get to orlando, take your ME information (same little booklet the tags came in) to the ME desk (downstairs below the luggage claim, you will see the signs). They will verify the # of checked bags, and you will get on a bus. A short time later, your luggage will catch up to you in your room.

Going home, you will need to take your luggage to the ME bus at your resort with you. ME driver will load onto the bus. At the airport, you will get your luggage from below the bus, and take to SW luggage counter, and check it in again. When you get to your home airport, you will get your luggage as you normally would.

Hope that helps and is not confusing! We had a wonderful ME experience. Landing time to checkin at POP was only 55 minutes!

Thank you staci, not confusing at all. Now that I know what to expect I will not be worried. Travelling with two kids and my parents can make things somewhat hectic so I like to be as prepared as possible! When I am organized and can answer questions, but still go with the flow of everyone's whims it works out much better for me. I did have to tell the kids, because I have to get their school work ahead of time and wanted to check with DS who struggle with school, if he thought we could get all the work done. I'm lucky that the district believes in the importance of family time.

I am sooooo jealous!! We just got back from a Halloween Party trip and don't think the hubby or the teachers would go for a xmas trip!! Xmas is my favorite time to go , you won't be dissappointed!!!

patsal said:

We'll be returning home via Southwest on the 13th- into Albany. From what I understand by reading these boards, SW is not a participating airline. I believe you will have to retrieve your luggage from the SW luggage area - and go to the bus with your luggage. There should be DME people with white Mickey gloves in the area after you go down the esculator to the luggage area. (They've just moved them from the main floor to downstairs).

You're going to love WDW at Christmas. The CP package includes dinner, so you do not make ADR for this. You pick your place for dinner when you book the CP.

If you have time, make sure you check out the deluxe hotels to see their Christmas Decorations. And don't forget MVMCP.

We flew SW out of Albany in August and they are not participating which just means you have to check you luggage at the airport in Orlando, you can't check it at the hotel. The participating airlines allow you to check your luggage at the hotel so when you get to the airport you just have to go through security if you have your boarding passes. We checked our luggage in Albany and didn't touch it again until we unpacked in the room. Hope this helps.

Just a fyi as long as you have your ME tags on your luggage you can go straight to the Mears check in desk, with out getting your bags. When you leave if you are not on one of the 5(?) airlines than you take the bags on the bus with you and check in at the airport.

I was lucky enough last week to be on a "participating" airline and checked in at YC at 8a for my 7p flight!! It was nice and our bags were the 1st off the plane in Newark!

Good Luck you will have a great time and by the way if you have immediate plans after you land than bring a carry on with make up, clothes, etc. , whatever you might need. It is possible for your luggage to arrive a few hours later.

Just wanted to update and say thanks for all the help in better understanding ME. I'm really going to need all the knowledge I can get about these kinds of things (though we go a lot we are always DVC and we drive down). My little sister just booked as well, so now I can share all of these wonderful Christmas things with my children, parents, sister and nieces! :cheer2: :banana: :cool1:
I was able to book a CP package, buy tickets for MVMCP (and get an early dinner AR), get an AR for 50's prime time, and Breakfastasaurus. I still need one more dinner :confused3 as we are on the dining package--I guess never say never since I really never thought I'd stay at a resort on a package with dining. (I'm between AP's my last set expired in July and my new ones will not be purchased until June, if I book this as DVC I won't have enogh points for my summer trip and the convienience of not having to pay for much more once we arrived seemed so appealing). It is a bit of a splurge, but we've been through some pretty tough times as a family over the past two years, so it is well deserved by all.

We're staying ASMusic--don't plan on being in the room much and for my little sister's budget it made the most sense to comprimise--she'll need help with those two little ones(3 and 1). My Dad remembers staying at the ASMu in 1996, and since he feels he is "simple folk" that fancy POFQ I put him in in April 2003 was just too "High fallutin'" Of course we don't even want to go on about his feelings about the pure luxury of WLV and why he couldn't possibly deserve to stay in such a wonderful place. (I guess it is the Depression era stuck in his personality!) :confused3

Does anyone know what the 5 airlines are that are participationg in ME. I thought that you had to take your luggage with youon the return trip regardless of which airline and now I am confused. We are flying USA3000 into Orlando and Southwest back to Phila. What is involved?? Thanks alot..

Ilovethatmouse said:
Does anyone know what the 5 airlines are that are participationg in ME. I thought that you had to take your luggage with youon the return trip regardless of which airline and now I am confused. We are flying USA3000 into Orlando and Southwest back to Phila. What is involved?? Thanks alot..

Southwest is NOT on of the airlines (we just flew them this month and used ME). So you will just need to bring your luggage to the bus, they will load it underneath, when you get to the airport you will retrieve your luggage from under the bus and take it to the southwest checkin counter as you normally would. Essentially the ME is just a ride back to the airport if you fly southwest.

It worked great for us!

From what I read on the ME FAQ:
 American Airlines
 Continental
 Delta Air Lines/Song
 Jetblue
 United/Ted

all participate, Southwest is one that does not so I'll just have to check my own luggage when I arrive at the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter