• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I can't believe Glenn Campbell is coming to our fair!

Sheree Bobbins

DIS Veteran
I loved this guy. I am surprised he's now on the fair circuit but then I am not up-to-date with how popular my favorite 60's & 70's stars are. He is one of my favourite and I would pay to see him.

Also coming is David Cassidy. Did you see him on "Malcolm in the Middle" where David played himself to a starstruck Lois? :rotfl:

Sheree Bobbins said:
I loved this guy. I am surprised he's now on the fair circuit but then I am not up-to-date with how popular my favorite 60's & 70's stars are. He is one of my favourite and I would pay to see him.

Also coming is David Cassidy. Did you see him on "Malcolm in the Middle" where David played himself to a starstruck Lois? :rotfl:

If you can get a copy of it or still find it on VH1, I recomend watching his bio on the "Behind the Music" series. It was an eye opener and just shocking how he went from the "Penthouse to the Outhouse" in record time. He was pretty honest in that 2 hour interview with his many mistakes. I remember watching the Good time Glenn Cambell variety show on CBS in the early 70's. I thought he was a clean cut guy who was kind of corny but I was fooled just like a lot of others were. I loved him in "True Grit" with my favorite actor, John Wayne.

We love Glenn Campbell. I remember Rhinestone Cowboy when I was a little kid (and Wichita Lineman), but although I loved those songs, I never listened to him as an adult. My husband liked him a lot, though, so now we always listen to him on longer trips. And, my middle one, (9) has him on his mp3 player.

Have a great time!

You must be talking about the PNE...Tony Orlando is also performing.
I won't be up there until the weekend of the 25th. Darn it :)

Oh, I would love to see the bio on him. He's fallen out of favour that's for sure. But I still love him and loved him in "True Grit." I couldn't believe they killed his character in "True Grit" but that was the time when movies started to have unhappy endings.

I saw Glen Campbell at the San Mateo (CA) county fair about five years ago. San Mateo (the city) has a population of a little over 100,000 so our fair is not huge. I went today for the first time in years. Very low key with lots of tacky homemade arts and crafts. He did put on a great show though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter