I can post!

DVCtinkerbell

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone!

I have been lurking for a couple weeks and have made it official! It is so much fun reading all of your posts and finding people as obsessed as I am!

We have been members for 3 years. Our home is the BWV's. I have 3 dd's; 13yo, 9yo, and 3yo. We were at BWV's Aug. 16th to the 23rd and miss it already. I can't put my member book down as I HAVE to start thinking about our next trip, probably not till Dec. '04 though. We have 175 points and I'm trying to get dh to agree to add-on. Down the road, I would like to buy at another resort, maybe OKW. We'll see!

Right now I'm just thilled to finally say "Hello" to all of you!

Kim

Well, hello right back at ya! :p

Glad you came out of the lurker closet and joined us here. So, tell us a little about the trip you just came back from. What kind of room...everything okay with the room? Any problems at check-in? You know....you've seen the little recaps that people give here.

Nice to have you out here where we can see you! :)

We had a 2BR, #2113 and #2115, standard view. We checked in early at 1:30 but our room was not ready until after 4:00. The room was clean and everything worked. This trip we brought my in-laws and they thought the room was beautiful! The only thing missing was a tablespoon measuring spoon and 1 coffee cup but it was replaced at 'trash and towel' day.

I wanted to go to the member get together but we got held up at MGM. FIL wanted to see the Indiana Jones show which was cancelled due to rain so we waited for the next show. It was the only thing he asked to do all week.

We experienced for the first time, problems with the bus service to MK. The buses kept showing up full. The CM at the bus stop said they were sending a bus just for the Boardwalk guests. The bus stop was completely full with people. The bus that pulled up was full! People jumped in front of the bus yelling and at that point we left. DH had enough and we drove to MK, which is no treat either. Park, tram, monorail and alot of walking in between. We missed EE. Every magical moment that day was hard swallow. Dh would grumble or complain.

The computers were down in the resort that week and we didn't get the statement under the door like we usually do on check-out day. I asked the greeter in the lobby and she told me to "get in line" with the people checking in. Yikes! Instead I called the front desk from one of the phones in the lobby. They said everything was fine, just a computer problem at their end. We didn't even show up in the system anymore.

We are always sad to leave but the great thing about DVC is that there is always another trip to plan and points to maximize!

BTW, SIL thinks the DVC sounds great, now that we took her parents! I better call MS and refer her. Sibling rivalry never ends!

Kim

Hi DVCtinkerbell, and Welcome!
I think you will find this forum helpful. It will also help you to cope with the withdrawal between DVC trips! :cool:

Welcome to the boards, it's always good to have more members participating and passing on their experiences.

DVCtinkerbell... Welcome welcome.

Sounds like your last trip was a bit of an adventure... Oh well, I'm sure there'll be double the pixie dust next time.

They said everything was fine, just a computer problem at their end. We didn't even show up in the system anymore.

Wow... Did they lose all your room charges too? :)

Hello DVCtinkerbell!!

Welcome, I am a newbie to the boards too. I am a couple days old already, my how time flies. I was a lurker too and I am very happy I finally jumped in .
Like you, I am also addicted to reading these boards. I need my little Disney fix just about every day. I even sneak over to computer when my DH is not looking. He is not a Disney nut like I am. I just don't understand people like like that.

Kim & Kathy,

Welcome to the boards!!! Kim, Sounds like you had a good trip.

Allison an associate
Offically DVC 7/23/03
Home: BCV

Wow
You have been a member for 3 years. That's fantastic. We are new, just this year. But boy I have been around Disney my whole life. Went the first day it opened with the girls scouts. Does anybody remember the E tickets? Gosh I remember my Daddy getting me a Cinderella watch with a pink band I must have cried a million tears. He's gone now (up in heaven) wonder if he's smiling right now. Cause I have been bitten by the Disney bug ever since. LOL.
Have fun making them plans for next year Kim...
July

:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter