I can make my ADR's tomorrow any advice!

SFD998

Mouseketeer
I have where and when I want to go and have played with the on line system to have a general understanding of how it works. Anyone have any suggestions or comments on what works best or what to avoid doing? Any help would be appreciated.

Book the harder places first. Be flexiable with everything. It's a pain but we all do it. Good luck . I hope you get what you want & have a nice trip.

Yes, always book the most popular/most important ADRs first. If you are booking them online, and your time doesn't come up but an alternative time is given, don't pass it up to check for another time. First accept the time given, then check for a time that you may like better. they go so fast, if you turn something down, you may get nothing!

I went online to book, and did Chef Mickey's first. I asked for 6pm, and they offered 7:20. I thought "Let me try again", and ended up with 8:05pm. I learned the hard way.;) But at least I got in.
Good luck!

Thank you I was going to try our two most coveted places first, but I would have probably not booked the time if it were not what I was looking for. I too would have learned the hard way to take what they offer and then check for a closer time.

Keep them coming!:thumbsup2

I'm nearing my first ADR on-line experience... and I bit nervous about it! I understand that it is important to book the more difficult ones first. Are they "safe" and confirmed once you put them in your cart, or should you actually check out after each tough ADR. I will be trying for Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, San Angel, Flying Fish, Sanaa, Tusker House and Crystal Palace. I imagine that Chef Mickey's and 1900 Park Fare will be the most difficult, so should I check out after those two ressies, after each one individually, or just put them in my cart and check out one time? :confused3

Our time for making ADRs is approaching. Is the on-line system available 24 hours (like should I make our ADRs at 12 am?).

You can make ADR's starting at 6am online. I had my reservation number in and ready to go so that when the clock hit 6 I was searching my first restaurant. Have two tabs open so that you can search a few time availabilities or places in one shot. Be flexible, but go for what you want first. That's what I did and was shocked to get everything I wanted.

Also, make sure to put in the right number of people for the reservation, or you'll end up in a major panic and having to do all of your ADRs again...yep, I'm that idiot who made that mistake! :lmao: I still managed to get everything I wanted and at the same or better times.

i agree if youre going to for example a signature dining experience definitely make those first. and call right when they open so you get better options.

I did our ADR's for our September trip last month. (Doing October's this Sunday! :banana: ). Once I put the times/reservation offers that I wanted into my cart, they were "held" for me for two hours. Caution -- the server will boot you off after I believe 15-20 minutes of inactivity. I had a problem putting my credit card info in for the Norway Princess breakfast, so I just played around on the system keeping my offers in my cart until the phone lines opened at 7am. Talked with a great CM in tech support who was able to resolve the issue because my offers were still "held" for me.

Also, I did not get my first choice times and did not even get Tusker House on the day that I made my ADR's. I checked back on several days over the next week and was able to move my times to what I wanted and was able to get Tusker House! So my other advice is to not panic if you don't get exactly what you want at first -- you can book something to have it and then keep checking back online over the next few days/week to tweak your times and restaurants. I found it very easy online to change my times.

Good luck and have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter