I can do this...right?

Neesy228

DIS Veteran
I've been staring at the registration form for the princess 1/2 all day. I want to do it. I've been training (although its going slow). But I'm terrified that February is going to roll around and I'm going to feel like I just wasted $160 because I can't pull it off. It was supposed to be my 40th birthday gift to myself - proof that I could it and a trip to WDW...now I'm having all of these doubts. :(

Of course you can do it! 13.1 miles is not nothing, but that's what makes it a challenge worth tackling! There is so much time to prepare -- get yourself a good training plan, stick to it as much as you can, and start thinking about your costume. :)

I would suggest that you look up some of the many PHM videos out there on YouTube to get a feel for the atmosphere of the race, to make it more real and less overwhelming. I've done it 3 times now and it is seriously about the most fun I've ever had!

Picture yourself running down Main Street USA, through the castle, and past Spaceship Earth on your way to that finish line and imagine how good that's going to feel!

You can totally do this! I have confidence in you! :cheer2:

As long as you get your training in, YOU CAN! There is plenty of time to get ready. I did my first 1/2 marathon this past Sunday. I was training for it since February. I finished in 2:35.

The excitement of this race is going to push us all through. I can't wait to run through the castle. Plus with all the characters there will be lots of breaks anyway.

You can do it and it is going to be a blast! :woohoo:

YES YOU CAN do it if you're willing to put in the training. The ones who fail (except for an injury or some unusual circumstance during the race) are those that think they can do it without putting in the training. Be smart, train for this event and you will not only finish, but have fun (and get healthier) along the way.

Agree with happyfamily about the mental part. Is is scary, yet exhilarating, to sign up for a race without "being sure" you can do it. But don't let that stand in your way. You have plenty of time to train, at a slow and steady pace.

Remember the motto of the WISH team: DLF>DNF>DNS...."Dead Last Finish beats Did Not Finish which beats Did Not Start. WISH gave me the courage to statrt!"

Maura

You can absolutely 100% do it. You will be there with thousands of your closest friends all shapes, sizes, abilities, etc. There are so many training plans you are sure to find one that works for you. Whether you run, walk, or a combination of both, you CAN do it!! :cheer2::cheer2:

I'm doing it. I'm scared beyond belief but I'm doing it. We have 252 days until the race. If you train, if WE train, we can do this!! I'm using the Galloway run/walk method.

BTW, I'll be turning 40 this year too.

And I have doubts too.
My DS16 is a runner, has been for 8 years, and he still has doubts and fears.

Sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith.

Its my first 1/2 too...I am getting knots in my tummy alreadty but I watched you tube vids and i get very excited!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!

see the avatar that goofierunner picked Mickey is saying Go, Go, now and register ! we are all nervous scared over the moon excited then come back and tell us what princess you picked :goodvibes

MY first ever too ! I went for the gutsy tomboy Merida
Ruthie

You pay for it...you will do it!!! Find a plan stick to it and you will
Achieve your goal!! Go for it!!!

You can do this!

In addition to everyone else's good advice [especially the part about keeping up with the training], I think it's a great idea to sign up for other local races, if you've never done so. They really are lots of fun and, except for the smaller races, you'll see all sorts of runners and walkers in the mix. You'll also get a taste of what it's like to run and/or walk a particular distance, without access to your comforts of home.

Another great thing about those local races is that they provide shorter goals so that you don't get overwhelmed by the larger goal of the PHM.

Whatever you do, have fun!

see the avatar that goofierunner picked Mickey is saying Go, Go, now and register ! we are all nervous scared over the moon excited then come back and tell us what princess you picked :goodvibes

MY first ever too ! I went for the gutsy tomboy Merida
Ruthie

I picked Merida too cause she's sassy just like me.

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!! I registered!! :eek:

OMG.

Alright, I'm gonna need at least 5 of you wonderful women to PM every day and tell me to go run! :lmao:

I really really appreciate everyones positive attitude. I wish I felt so sure myself!

Oh, and I picked Belle. ;)

OMG.

Alright, I'm gonna need at least 5 of you wonderful women to PM every day and tell me to go run! :lmao:

I really really appreciate everyones positive attitude. I wish I felt so sure myself!

Congratulations!!! You are on the hook now!! Princess was my first half and it is the perfect first timer half. You will be amongst so many wonderful ladies all with the same goal... To finish!!!
171 dollars later, post that receipt on your bathroom mirror as a reminder that you will train and finish your race!!!

OMG.

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!
You are stuck with us now!

We will motivate each other. We will push each other.

Did you look at the Training calendar that Jeff Galloway makes. http://www.rundisney.com/training/running/

Print thyself a calendar!!

I printed it, and downloaded it to my phone. Put running on your to-do list. My plan is to run every other day, with long runs on Saturday. And the other days will be devoted to 30 Day Shred.

And Belle is a great choice! She's got a little bit of sass too.

MaMa3Princess said:
You pay for it...you will do it!!! Find a plan stick to it and you will
Achieve your goal!! Go for it!!!

I agree it's all about the plan. Find one that fits your life and stick to it but listen to your body. Trust in your training.

And tell a bunch of people what u r doing (preferably supportive people but really anyone will do). If you're anything like me, once I tell everyone else- there's no way im backing out! :)

OMG.

:cheer2: YOU CAN DO IT!!! :cheer2:

Make no mistake, you have to put the miles in, but just take it nice and easy. I'm a big fan of Galloway's walk/run training plan. The three days per week of running was perfect for my schedule.

We are here for you when you need more motivation! :grouphug:

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!
You are stuck with us now!

We will motivate each other. We will push each other.

Did you look at the Training calendar that Jeff Galloway makes. http://www.rundisney.com/training/running/

Print thyself a calendar!!

I printed it, and downloaded it to my phone. Put running on your to-do list. My plan is to run every other day, with long runs on Saturday. And the other days will be devoted to 30 Day Shred.

And Belle is a great choice! She's got a little bit of sass too.

Alright, got the calendar!

Good golly, you're doing the 30 day shred too?! :faint:

I'm so not worthy! :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter