I bought my first Vera Bradley bag today

Disney-Kim

DIS Veteran
I had a hard time only buying one. I bought the bucket bag/tote in Sherbet and Bermuda Pink. One is for my sister. I had a hard time picking between the colors and styles. So cute !!!!!

I received one as a gift - is it a big deal or something special? It was just another tote to me.

Disney-Kim said:
I had a hard time only buying one. I bought the bucket bag/tote in Sherbet and Bermuda Pink. One is for my sister. I had a hard time picking between the colors and styles. So cute !!!!!
This one? (Love the bright colors!)

10437_lg.jpg

DD has this one:
12735_lg.jpg

Can someone help me with this VERA BRADLEY craze....I want one really really bad..but the cost is so $$$$...so I decided to go to the Christmas Tree Shops and buy one of their VB knockoffs = $4.99! Let me tell you I have had ONE MILLION compliments on this VB knockoff. Everyone asks me about it and they are really stunned when I tell them it is from the CTS and is a VB knockoff....

THAT BEING SAID...I have had a chance to experiment with the knockoff, NOW I reallly reallly want a REAL ONE.

I love the TOTE style. OP, how much was the TOTE you bought????

Please tell me why you all like your and why I should spend the $$$$!!!

OP and MODS: If I have gone OT :offtopic: with this, please remove!!!

Yes, they are very popular and expensive. I have a hard time deciding which ones to buy also. Sometimes you can find a good deal on ebay.

Yes thats the one !! :goodvibes

I paid $55 for the Bermuda Pink and the Sherbet was 25% off because its discontinued.
I am a purse freak and this is a new addition to my collection.
I bought it to use on my upcoming cruise. I am going to buy the jewelery case too. :smooth:

Disney-Kim said:

I live in Vera Bradley land and swore I never wanted one. A group of friend were going to the Vera Bradley sale in Fort Wayne, so I went a long for the ride not planning on buying anything. This was last year and I now have 10! I love them because they are so easy to carry!

If you get a chance, try to get to Fort Wayne Indiana next year for the sale! They have really wonderful buys!

Prepare to be addicted!!!
And congrats on your new bag.

I love VB!
I also can't wait to get my hands on the new Hipster bag in one of the new fall colors.

I usually get a new one in spring and a new one in fall.
Sadly, I have becomed addicted to them.
Those, and Coach.

Holy toot - I just looked these up. I thought it was a cute $10 bag. I would never have paid that. I'm gald I found this thread before I thanked by friend for the gift.

figment52 said:
I received one as a gift - is it a big deal or something special? It was just another tote to me.

I am a purse person and love new purses. I knew that Vera Bradley had a following and usually once people buy one, they want more. That was a nice gift. ;)

powellrj said:
I live in Vera Bradley land and swore I never wanted one. A group of friend were going to the Vera Bradley sale in Fort Wayne, so I went a long for the ride not planning on buying anything. This was last year and I now have 10! I love them because they are so easy to carry!

If you get a chance, try to get to Fort Wayne Indiana next year for the sale! They have really wonderful buys!

When is the sale? Do they have a "set" time for it? Might just have to plan a trip next year :)

I bought 3 this week! Ack! My first ones. New addiction!!

I bought the Nantucket Navy backpack for myself. A Bermuda Blue backpack for DD.

I also bought a Bermuda Blue Little Betsy. I bought that one new with tag on eBay before DD decided she wanted a backpack in that color. I wish the Little Betsy were a different color so I am now trying to decide whether to keep it or eBay myself.

I have wanted one for quite some time but really thought the fad would pass so I passed on getting one. But when I saw the backpacks and saw that you could wash them, I had to have one!!

Or two or three... LOL

I got a new with tag on Ebay and I love it......If you have a hard time parting with the dollars ....go to ebay and take a look.....I fell in love with my itty bitty one....hahaha

Be careful! They are an addiction. :goodvibes

I have a messenger, wristlet, checkbook cover, and wallet. My DD has a little purse and wallet. Everything in different patterns that some how go together. :banana:

The store that sells them locally has a ton in this beautiful burgundy and olive green pattern. I'm going to scarf one up for fall, just haven't figured out the style yet.

momrek06 said:
Can someone help me with this VERA BRADLEY craze....I want one really really bad..but the cost is so $$$$...so I decided to go to the Christmas Tree Shops and buy one of their VB knockoffs = $4.99! Let me tell you I have had ONE MILLION compliments on this VB knockoff. Everyone asks me about it and they are really stunned when I tell them it is from the CTS and is a VB knockoff....

THAT BEING SAID...I have had a chance to experiment with the knockoff, NOW I reallly reallly want a REAL ONE.

I love the TOTE style. OP, how much was the TOTE you bought????

Please tell me why you all like your and why I should spend the $$$$!!!

OP and MODS: If I have gone OT :offtopic: with this, please remove!!!

EBAY!!! I've gotten some VB stuff on Ebay for very decent prices. But, you're still going to pay more than for a knock off.

I bought the bermuda blue one and love it!! I had the hardest time finding one that friends of mine didn't already have. I am planning on buying the diaper bag in the next month or so...to put away, so I have it when I need it in January.

I have looked on ebay for it, but it ends up being pretty close to what I find it for in the stores. I'll just get it at the hallmark store and get my hallmark points, instead of getting it at ebay and having it be the same cost, once I pay shipping...

I'm another VB fan! I have the Sherbet one too, love that print!
What's so great about these bags are the size/style options and print options. Also they can be machine washed!!! I think they are worth every penny.

I have four VB bags.

The first one I purchased almost two years ago. It looks similar to this one except it's in the Katherine style.
11512_me.jpg

My second bag is this color very similar to this style except it has a slide handle and is a little smaller.
33176_me.jpg

Now I alternate between:

10012_me.jpg

This one for the fall and winter

10041_me.jpg

This one for the spring and summer

I love them all but I found that the handbag works really well for me. I would like to purchase the luggage but my husband would have a fit :teeth:

The big sale is in May in Fort Wayne - My MIL goes every year which is how I get so many! I love the bags because not only are they cute -but they are so light weight!!!!! And the wallets hold a ton!

Jenny :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter