I bought a Sizzix, should I keep it?

Soccer Princess

DIS Cast Member<br><font color=red>you would never
So, I broke down yesterday and sent DBF to Michael's to get me the Sizzix machine and a die with my two 50% coupons. I already have the Sidekick and some Sizzlets and alphabets. Now, I'm debating on whether or not I should keep it. What do you guys think? Pros/Cons? Thanks

it really depends on what you want to do with it...

if you want to use the original dies...like the big tags, and stuff, then you will need it.

if you like the small size of the sizzlet stuff then return it.

i would say only if you are going to use it, keep it. i have it, and i have only used it a couple of times.

but, on the other hand, you can use it to cut the big items out of shrink plastic and bake it...then you have a fun, dimensional item.

I LOVE mine and have used it quite a bit. Of course I am now in the process of making a list of more dies I want for Christmas... :rotfl: ....just so my family has an easier time Christmas shopping of course. :sunny:

Deb

I would keep it if you are going to want some of the big dies. I hardly use my ABC's for my sizzix anymore because they are too big and DD has the sidekick.

FantasticDisFamily said:
I LOVE mine and have used it quite a bit. Of course I am now in the process of making a list of more dies I want for Christmas... :rotfl: ....just so my family has an easier time Christmas shopping of course. :sunny:

Deb

I have only the original machine & love it! ::yes:: I find it more versatile than the Sidekick since I can use all Sizzix dies & embossing folders. I didn't have a QuiKutz so I don't need the ability to use other dies like the Sidekick does.

I guess the big question is do you like the big dies? There are many (at least right now) dies that don't have a Sizzlit counterpart. Also, do you use the embossing folders? It's much easier to use them with the original machine & converter than to have to put them in a different folder & get them lined up, etc. I wouldn't want to mess with that myself.

I think that I wouldn't even both with the Sidekick at home. I can't see putting one away to get out the other, etc. and space is an issue for me. I think if I were in your position (of having both) I'd probably end up using the original most often at home - and take the Sidekick with me to do titles at crops. Just my thoughts....

I still use it with the big dies. In fact, I just bought some more and it looks like I'm going to need more storage for them. They've got some new dies online - have you seen the file folder, luggage tag, mini book and all of their tags? Of course my Michaels doesn't have them, lol!

Enjoy!

Jeanne

OT - sorry :blush:

Jeanne, have you checked the Creative Xpress Web site? They have some that even the Sizzix site didn't show yesterday!! :teeth: Stuff like a puzzle frame, full square puzzle, single slide mount on a red die (i.e. larger than the set of 3), rivet frames, flowers that you put together like paper piecing (lilac, daffodil, hydrangea, pansy).... They have some really neat stuff! ::yes::

And the best part is all Sizzix is 30% off right now! Even stuff that's already reduced price!

:scared: (OK, we need a smilie who is covering his ears) Lalalalala, I can't hear you, piratesmate - you enabler, you! You know I had to go and look after your other post. My new mantra is "I will not buy, I will not buy..." Aaaaack!

Jeanne

scrapcreator said:
:scared: (OK, we need a smilie who is covering his ears) Lalalalala, I can't hear you, piratesmate - you enabler, you! You know I had to go and look after your other post. My new mantra is "I will not buy, I will not buy..." Aaaaack!

Jeanne

You mean that this one :listen: doesn't do it for you? :rotfl2:

How about this one??
NoListen.JPG

OK, you enabler, you... is there a code somewhere? I didn't see one on the site.

Why don't we start a Sizzix Swap on the DIS boards?? I want to make MORE Sizzix than I ever could possibly need!!! Maybe we could do something like 50 pieces per swap...either an alphabet set or assorted other pieces and name a color then we could make use of all our sitting-around-with-nothing-to-scrap machines. I will be happy to organize it if there's interest.

graygables said:
OK, you enabler, you... is there a code somewhere? I didn't see one on the site.

OK - start on this page: http://www.creativexpress.com/Merch...Y&Store_Code=cx&Category_Code=sizzix-whatsnew
If you scroll down, on the left side there are codes.
30% off Sizzix = 30spooky
Then there are copuons for money off your order depending on how much you spend:
$5TRICK = $5 off a $40 order
$20TREAT = $20 off a $100 order
$40PUMPKIN = $40 off a $150 order

havencruiser said:
Why don't we start a Sizzix Swap on the DIS boards?? I want to make MORE Sizzix than I ever could possibly need!!! Maybe we could do something like 50 pieces per swap...either an alphabet set or assorted other pieces and name a color then we could make use of all our sitting-around-with-nothing-to-scrap machines. I will be happy to organize it if there's interest.

A while ago a bunch of people had posted the Sizzix dies they had & offered to trade on an individual basis with others who had something they wanted. There was interest in doing that, so I think you'd get people for a regular swap depending on the logistics.

There's always stuff I want but don't have the die for it. Any ideas on how it would work? Say I have tags & frames....would I make a bunch of those for everyone in the swap? But what if everyone in the swap already has those? You know? Would there be a way to make requests? Say I'm looking for Halloween ones (Haunted House, Bare Tree, Ghosts) or Christmas ones (Santa, pine tree, ornament)?

havencruiser said:

That sounds like fun! I don't have a Sizzix but I can cut a set of alphas --any font any size with my Wishblade.

I've also seen lists where people put what they have and if there is something you need, you just send them a SASE with the paper you'd like cut and a little "gift" (stickers, paper, tags, etc) in exchange.

I'd be game to do that!

The "sending paper and a gift" idea sounds great to me....or we could each make a little of one designated die and send them through a central location with a stamp and they could be assembled so that everybody gets a little something of a lot of things...either way is fine with me. There's recipe swap going on this way right now.
Let me know!

Shall we wait until after the holidays or try to squeeze it in before then? I am doing the recipe swap, the DCL Circle Journal, the Christamas Cruise swap, planning for the Christmas Cruise and a WDW New Year's vacation but, hey, what's another bunch of details in the scope of things? If people are interested in doing it now, let me know and I will organize it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter