I bought 2 Video Now players at Target today

2bearsmom

Mouseketeer
for $7.47 each. Does anyone have experience with them? Are the disks hard to find? I was hoping to hold on to these for my boys for Christmas this year but wanted some opinions first! I did find somewhere on-line where you can buy the Video Now wizard software, you download it to your computer and then can make your own disks: photos with music, video's, music or shows for use in the players. Thanks!

I had one a few years ago, so I don't what improvements they have made. but for my kids it just wasn't worth the trouble- it ate batteries like crazy, the discs were expensive with very few choices. my kids just preferred their portable dvd player over the video now.

but it sounds like they may be offering more to it now.

My girls have the older color video nows. They still use them occasionally. We didn't have a problem with ours eating batteries, although my niece had the video now xp and they said they go through a ton. Target actually had a few disks available for sale but we bought all of ours directly through hasbro.com because they had the best selection. It was nice to have on the plane and they still bring them in the car with us every now and then, mostly on longer trips like to the shore and the mountains. I think that they are definitely worth the 8$ you paid for them:)

We had them for about a month, then donated them to a rummage sale... they were a huge hassle! They ate batteries like crazy, the discs were near impossible to find, let alone finding a store that carried a variety of them. I would recommend you return them and get a portable DVD player, but that is just my techie opinion. :)

We had the XP, I had bought a bunch of the disks. The thing went thru batteries like crazy and then after about a month it just turned off and quit working. I think total it played for a total of 8 hours and went though 2 sets of batteries.

HI I bought 3 at target and then took them back you can't get the disks. I even called the company they don't have them they are D/C the item. Hope this helps thanks Jill

Wow - I guess we have the other side of the coin for you! We bought a color one for our oldest son when he was about 4. It was a brand new item that Christmas. I bought about every disk that he would like at the time - and he loved it. We used rechargable batteries with it, and he watched it all the time! It was great in the car because he could use it totally independantly. Now my youngest loves it. He totes it around the house and brings it in the car now and again. It's been a great purchase for us, as it has been loved by both kids. Now, about a year ago I found a program where I could burn my own disks - and I thought that would be perfect - but I never got it to work. :confused3 I see the disks for it every now and then on clearance racks, but never ones my kids would be interested in. I'm glad I stocked up on the cartoons when I did!

I just saw a bunch of discs at Walmart yesterday for really cheap---around$3 We have the spongebob player that I got clearanced at Target for 19 and got DD3 tink mix max on clearance for a little more. So far, they haven't used them much but I think they just need to figure them out.

Thanks for all the responses! I will check out Walmart today to see what I can find now. I'd like to find some on craigslist or at a garage sale, I checked ebay yesterday and may get them there if I can't find the ones I know they'd want at the stores.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter