I booked my dining reservations CRT?

ChrisinNJ

DIS Veteran
I booked my dining reservations and was disappointed not to be able to get BOG for my DD's birthday. I was able to get dinner at CRT instead. I have never eaten at CRT before. Other than the cost, any downside to dining there?

SO my dining plans look like this:

Sat: Arrive :cool1:
Sun: No Parks, Hoop Dee Doo
Monday: EPCOT, Le Cellier
Tuesday: MK, no dining plans Probably quick serve meal
Wed: No Parks, no dining plans
Thursday: AK, Rainforest Cafe
Friday: MK, CRT
Sat: No Parks (any suggestions for a non park meal?)
Sun: head home :(

On the days we have no parks / dining plans we will likely either head to DTD, or grill at our campsite (staying at Ft Wilderness). This is the most ADRs I have ever booked, so I am kind of excited. Of the things we booked we have only ever eaten at LeCellier so all the other restaurants are new to us.

I am considering a reservation at a non park restaurant on Wed. and or Sat, but not sure where...Any suggestions? Was thinking of either Raglan Rd, Whispering Canyon Cafe, or Trails End at the Ft.

We ate at CRT last May and I think it was worth the cost because my DD had such a great time. The presentation of the princesses and the excitement of eating in the castle had her over the moon! However, it is expensive and the food portions were small (not nearly enough for DH). Also, it takes a long time to get pics taken, get seated, and then finally get your food. I wouldn't recommend arriving super hungry! While I am glad we did it once, we won't be doing it again. Akershus at Epcot was a much better experience as far as the amount of time the princesses spent with DD and the length of time it took to get our food. We weren't thrilled with the entrees there either, but heard breakfast was better, so we are going to try that out this trip. My favorite Disney Dining experience thus far has been 1900 Park Fare for dinner. The buffet had a truly wonderful variety and the characters were hysterically funny. DD even got to dance with Prince Charming!
Hoop Dee Doo was awesome! So much fun and the food was tasty and plentiful, plus the show is hilarious :rotfl:
We loved Raglan Road (food was great and DD loved watching the irish dancers), but haven't tried the other two.

I don't see any downside to CRT besides the cost. We enjoy meals there; the experience is great, to me the food is actually pretty good and service is efficient. ;)
The chefs are very accommodating so if there is a side for instance on the menu that you are not crazy about, ask and they will find an alternative. This is true for most TS restaurants.
My suggestion for a non park meal would be Kona Cafe at the Poly. It is not crazy expensive, especially breakfast. But it is crazy good. :thumbsup2

I guess I should have asked this on the phone yesterday, but I am looking at the menu at CRT. Does the fixed price include an appetizer, dinner and dessert?

Just wondering after reading about the small portions, but if all 3 courses are included it seems like it will be enough to eat. Also, we are going on a MVMCP night so we will be snacking on cookies and hot cocoa later in the evening.

It will include a full meal with dessert. I have only done breakfast and was always full because they give a basket of pastries before breakfast. Unless you are huge eaters I am sure you will be fine, my husband is always fine at breakfast and he is a huge eater.

The castle on her birthday will be an amazing choice. If you have time do lunch at BOG.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter