• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I BOOKED IT! more Q's

kileybeth

DIS Veteran
I'm a little lightheaded at the moment and so hoping you guys are as helpful as ever 'cause I'm a mess!

I booked online thru DCL with my new Disney Visa Rewards card. Good so far I think $25 credit per room for booking online. $40 credit to new Visa card BUT did I miss the $50 shipboard credit I read about on FAQ's using code DCC??? I did not see any place to input that code or is automatic and if not can I go back and get someone to input it for me?

Second, how/when do I go about switching this reservation over to Dreams Unlimited (altho I have to tell you I have not had the best response time from them yet responding to my email questions???) for their OBC? I really need to get this OBC if at all possible. Any helpful suggestions with this? Can I call them or must I continue to use email to insure OBC credits?

Third, I declined DCL trip insurance. (worked out to just shy of $500 for family of 6). So I think I need to get it from another provider soon? How soon exactly? And if something comes up and we have to cancel ( oh please NO!) trip within time frame of full refund from DCL (75 days out) can I cancel the trip insurance too?

I looked at Insuremytrip. com looked at something for all 6 of us for around $110 total. Does that sound right for a 7 day cruise? Should I be looking at AAA or Costco I think someone said? ah! Which direction to turn?! Any and all advice so appreciated!

I'm sure I have at least 100 other questions but I can't even think what they should be right now!

:woohoo: :woohoo:
7 Day Western Sailing Sept 5-12, 2009

I'm a little lightheaded at the moment and so hoping you guys are as helpful as ever 'cause I'm a mess!

I booked online thru DCL with my new Disney Visa Rewards card. Good so far I think $25 credit per room for booking online. $40 credit to new Visa card BUT did I miss the $50 shipboard credit I read about on FAQ's using code DCC??? I did not see any place to input that code or is automatic and if not can I go back and get someone to input it for me?

Second, how/when do I go about switching this reservation over to Dreams Unlimited (altho I have to tell you I have not had the best response time from them yet responding to my email questions???) for their OBC? I really need to get this OBC if at all possible. Any helpful suggestions with this? Can I call them or must I continue to use email to insure OBC credits?

Third, I declined DCL trip insurance. (worked out to just shy of $500 for family of 6). So I think I need to get it from another provider soon? How soon exactly? And if something comes up and we have to cancel ( oh please NO!) trip within time frame of full refund from DCL (75 days out) can I cancel the trip insurance too?

I looked at Insuremytrip. com looked at something for all 6 of us for around $110 total. Does that sound right for a 7 day cruise? Should I be looking at AAA or Costco I think someone said? ah! Which direction to turn?! Any and all advice so appreciated!

I'm sure I have at least 100 other questions but I can't even think what they should be right now!

7 Day Western Sailing Sept 5-12, 2009

If you cancel your cruise you cannot cancel your trip insurance and get refunded....that is like saying since I didn't have a car accident this year will my car insurance company refund me my premium....doesn't work like that!! LOL!! As a general rule, to cover any pre existing conditions most companies require you to book your insurance within 15 days of putting down your cruise deposit.

Insuremytrip is a good company. I have used them several times. I know one of the company sometimes have free insurance for the kids...not sure which one but I am sure someone will post.

Make sure you cover your entire trip...including airfare if you are flying. We always cover ourselves from the day we leave the house, our flights, hotels and cruise until the day we come back.

Can't help you with Dreams....never used them.

MJ

MJ, Thanks for the quick response. And helpful info. I thought I read 15 days or something like that on here. Just wasn't sure for what? So preexisting conditions as in Health related or are there other things I am not thinking about? Oh and if I determine I/we do not have any preexisting conditions?? Then I can wait longer to "invest" in my Insurance? And if book my Insurance through Disney? Can I cancel it later if I find a better deal? ha? or is that the same sorta, "you bought it lady, you own it kinda thing"?

Yeah, I'm pretty dense about the whole Insurance thing but that explanation made perfect sense (sort of!) even to me! :rotfl: So, just to clarify, I gotta buy this stuff and it's a no refund no matter what kinda dealy yes?

Not flying, do have kids, traveling by car can be covered too eh? hhmmm, do you know if I can call these people or if again, online is best way to go?

So many questions!!

If you cancel your cruise you cannot cancel your trip insurance and get refunded....
MJ

Actually that is NOT true. You can cancel your trip insurance before the trip and get almost all of it back (minus an administration fee). Check out the FAQ on insuremytrip ( http://www.insuremytrip.com/faqs-1000-0-0-919662.html )

I learned about this last time I took a cruise. The reason for this is because your insurance really doesn't affect you until you get into the non-refundable part of the cruise timeframe. If you can cancel your cruise up to 75 days out without a penalty, then the insurance really doesn't do anything. I think the admin fee was something like $10 or $15.

Actually that is NOT true. You can cancel your trip insurance before the trip and get almost all of it back (minus an administration fee). Check out the FAQ on insuremytrip ( http://www.insuremytrip.com/faqs-1000-0-0-919662.html )

I learned about this last time I took a cruise. The reason for this is because your insurance really doesn't affect you until you get into the non-refundable part of the cruise timeframe. If you can cancel your cruise up to 75 days out without a penalty, then the insurance really doesn't do anything. I think the admin fee was something like $10 or $15.

Interesting....I have never heard of that before.

Q.
How do I cancel a policy I purchased?
A.
All cancellation requests must be made in writing. An email can be sent to service@insuremytrip.com to request cancellation.

Q.
Am I charged a fee to cancel my policy?
A.
InsureMyTrip does not charge any additional fees to cancel a policy. However, most insurance companies will retain a non-refundable administrative fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter