I blew my budget

maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
And now I get to deal with the guilt. Today, for the first time ever, I went to a fancy spa and had my eyebrows waxed and my hair highlighted and cut. Not the normal beauty shop just up the road. To the tune of $165. That much money was definately not in my budget.:guilty:

Add to that the fact that I had to send $286 to the dentist. Add to that the fact that I didn't work Tuesday so I could sit home and watch the inauguration, so my next paycheck will be short.

I'm an idiot. Let me have it.:blush:

It doesn't sound like this is something you do very often. And every now and then we just need a little pampering. So tomorrow just get back on track. And enjoy today. :goodvibes

How cute do you look now though??!!!:thumbsup2 I was reading that the one thing people are still spending on is personal hygene- so you are following the trend.
ENJOY it. It's done.

I did that once..... once. I couldn;t believe that I spent that much on a hair cut, but it was really cute! :) Enjoy it, there is no going back now. :flower3:

I saw an article on happiness that stated that occasional splurges actually increase a person's LONG TERM happiness. There was scientific fact to back that up. Enjoy the afterglow of doing something special for your special self. princess:

Okay, so you blew it. But now you have a great hair style (and your eyebrows look good!) - so work it - and get back on track starting right now! Everyone needs a little splurge now and then (and everyone's "splurge range" is different). So, you had yours this week. Back to the budget!! :thumbsup2

Where's that wet noodle when you need it? Someone deserves 40 lashes for being human.

Awww, I wouldn't sweat it. I bet you look beautiful! And you can't put a price tag on a boost of self-confidence! :)

Don't feel bad.

Being the queen of discount travel, I tried and tried and tried to find a super cheap hotel in Pismo Beach this past weekend as we went up to visit an old friend.

We found and held a room for $59 a night. No free breakfast, but it was on the freeway. Not what I wanted but it would do, clean, and secure.

In looking for the location of said hotel on google maps, we came across the Sandcastle Inn. I looked at the website and saw that it wasn't the FANCIEST hotel in Pismo but it was on the beach and had ocean views and they did have a AAA special so I booked it at $126 a night. For two nights.

Big splurge as we are already going to Palm Springs next month, but it was so worth it! The free breakfast was nice, too!

So enjoy your new you just as I enjoyed my fabulous weekend!

Don't feel bad I did that once too, except mine cost me $350 for color :crazy2: , I didn't even get a cut. My DH still does not know that is how much I paid and that was 7 years ago. I have never been back to that place.

The interesting thing about having your eyebrows professionally waxed, IMHO, is that someone else does it - not you - and it is *MUCH* easier for you to keep them up by tweezing now that you've had them shaped up and the arch established. (They'll match!)

I used to have my brows waxed sporadically - for reshaping - but then felt confident enough years ago to spend $30 on a warmer with waxing supplies (a lifetime's worth!) at Sally Beauty Supply. I've saved this amount many, many times over by now doing my own. But, I never would have tried it unless I had someone else do them and paid attention to how they did it.

Pshhh.. props to you!

Sometimes the little skip something like that puts into your step is much, much more needed than the money.

I'm taking off the Friday before Valentine's Day and I booked a pre-natal 1hour massage. I then plan to treat myself to lunch (to-go, I hate eating alone!)... go shopping and get a pedicure.

I'm excited! :) And trying not to think about the $$ too much..

A good haircut is totally worth it. I went to the same stylist once a month for years. $30 for a cut and another 40 for highlights a few times a year. She started out great but after a while she just didn't listen or pay attention to the pictures I would bring and I always walked out looking like my Great Aunt Myrna! I'm 42, not 82! Anyway, this fall I saw someone in a Myrtle Beach store with my dream hairstyle so I asked if she would tell me who her stylist was. Now I go there, but I pay $100 each time and drive 45 minutes to get there. BUT, the cut is so good I only have to go about every 9 weeks. And I feel so much better about myself, can't put a price tag on that. Plus I get compliments on my hair all the time.

down here in the ATL, I would be lucky to get out for under $250 to have that all done. it is way expensive down here! You are worth it. I personally feel that for a woman, hair and nails, etc are no different than a man buying a suit. We are judged by how well we groom!

Sometimes we just need to do things for ourselves. Enjoy it. :) You're worth it!

Hey - if you found someone you like to do your hair - I say any price is worth it within reason!!! I had the same stylist for ten years - she was in Chicago - I lived in Chicago when I first started to go to her, then I moved to New Jersey, back to Chicago, to San Diego, To Detroit and I still continued to go to her - it helped that I had family in Chicago, so I would go whenever I visited - usually 3-4 times per year. She was the only one I would let color my hair - she did a fantastic job - people always commented how great it looked!! I was moving from Detroit to Los Angeles with a stopover in Chicago - I called to make an appointment and they told me she moved out of town!!! I was sooo bummed! I have been in L.A. for almost a year and still haven;t found anybody I like!

For a cut and Highlights, I paid $175 and felt it was worth every penny!! Enjoy your new look and just get back on the Thrifty Horse and don't worry about it!!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter