I am very upset...MYW

2princessintraining

Mouseketeer
I have room only ressies for Apr. 22-30 already. In order to get tickets for the whole trip now, I have to either A)buy a ten day pass, w/the no expiration option or not, or B)buy an extra one day pass w/no options available. They told me I could not add the park hopper option to a one day pass.....who is this helping. The difference of the money is 998 for the 7 day pass w/options or 1097 for the 10 day pass w/out the expiration option. It is really ridiculous. If I was aware of this, I wouldv'e bought the UPH before today. It was not clear enough to me. We already have booked our airfaire and I cannot change it to make a shorter stay...I also have an PAP and hope now that good rates come out, so that my decision is made for me. It expires about 20 days before our vacation, so hopefully rates come out, and then I just have to worry about what to do for 3 people instead of four...

Not a better plan for me.... :guilty:

'Don't Dwell On The Past. Think, And Live, In The Future. And Remember, It's Disney, You'll Have Fun No Matter What!'
-Kyle (Yacht Club Guy)

Don't Worry, Everything Happens For A Reason! You'll Get Those Tickets...

By the way, on www.alearsnet.com I saw on the front page that one of the discount ticket brokers still has old hopper passes available, while they last. Maybe you should check it out.

Hotwire still has Park Hopper Plus tickets available for adults and children.

I might be crazy here, but maybe spend the extra day at Sea World or Universal? Just thinkin out of the box a bit! :cool1:

Unless I'm confused, the difference in the 7 day and 10 day passes is $10 (if you don't buy the "no expire option) and it's more than $100 less than the old 7 day park hoppers or UPH's.

So why are you upset again? I've got the same length of vacation scheduled for June/July and I'm THRILLED at the money I'm going to save.

Greg

It's true that the difference between a 7 day pass & a 10 day pass is about $10. Add ons like hopping and plusses are a flat rate (the same for any length ticket). Maybe I'm not understanding the info correctly.

The difference in your quote is $100, right? For 4 people? Is there something else that could be making it be so much of a difference?

We would probably plan a non park day.

we like to have the option of going to any park on our last day. Not being tied down to one, or having to stay at the pool...or go outside the park to somewhere else. The difference is about $100, ($998/7 days vs. 1097/10 days). I will end up buying the 10 day ticket for the four of us and it saves us money compared to last year buying 3 UPH, but there shouldn't be a cut off..it should have a 7,8,9 day etc...ticket.

Thanks for the tip about the parkhopper option, finally able to get through online and found that out myself.

I was wondering why they stoped at 7 and went to 10 as well. I am also curious about the who package thing, but that is a different story.

Which tickets did they quote you on? Just curious because the info on Mousesavers doesn't seem to match up. Of course, I would expect the disney website to have the correct ticket prices. I'm just not sure about a live person, LOL!

Does the $998 figure include tax? From the disney website, when you add the tax, you end up with $1063 for the 7 day with premium. That's the same as mousesavers. Since you can't price a 10 day ticket online (well, I couldn't), the only figure I have is $1097 including tax from mousesavers. That's only a $34 difference for all 4 tickets.

we are also planning for Apr 22-30, arriving late on the 22nd so we also have 8 days to play with. I have also been bouncing around whether to do a 7 day or 10 day pass ($27 difference when plugging in the numbers). I am probably leaning toward a 7 day to leave 1 down day for a water park or something. My guess is that DIsney's marketing department determined that most people who stay 8 or 9 days still only go to the park for 7 leaving the rest for plusses and what not.

the problem with the 7 day pass is that on the 8th day you have to pay either a 1 day ticket or for the entry into the water park...

I got online, if you go to tickets only and punch in how many days you want, only listed is 7, click 7 then on the next page the 10 ticket is listed. Priced b4 tax, I pretended to buy one to get the price with tax...$1097 w park hopper/and extras. I am leaning towards doing this. UNLESS AP rates come out for that time frame. I have a PAP and hoping good rates come out....

You can use your plus options on a day that you don't use a theme park day. So you could get a 7 day pass with the plus option, and you'd be able to go to the theme parks for 7 days, plus go to the water parks on other days.

The information you were given is not correct. With MYW tickets, this is the 1st time that One Day Hoppers have ever been available for sale, granted you pay an extra $30 or so dollars for them, but it is possible!

I don't think I'm understanding exactly what it is that you need. If you already have a PAP, what do you need MYW tickets for? What, exactly, do you already have? And what, exactly, is it that you want?

I think that the OP only has the one PAP, and needs tickets for the rest of the people to get in.

MagicKingdom05 said:
I think that the OP only has the one PAP, and needs tickets for the rest of the people to get in.
I thought that might be the case. But with mention of 7 day tickets, 1 day tickets, and 10 day tickets I'm confused. I don't see what the problem could be. If a 7 day ticket isn't enough, then why not buy a 10 day? It's only about $10 more per ticket. Why even think of buying a one day ticket?

I agree. Buy the 10 day ticket and just let the unused days expire. There is only a $11 difference between the 7 and 10 day anyways.

Well to be fair, they did say that the new MYW passes would come into effect on January 2. Why would the old passes in the old way still be available when they told us a long way in advance that they would not be?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter