I am sure this is a dumb question

1littleladyplus3

Earning My Ears
but it probably wont be my last here -- I have not been to Disney in oh... 16 years and then i was ten years old. So I am totally clueless. :confused3

We are planning to go July 2 - July 9 2008. When is the earliest I can book a room?

No that's not a dumb question, and I've heard some dumb questions in my life. You can book a room now if you would like.

Oh that is wonderful, one more at that is it tonight --- how much do you put down? 1/2, all of it? Thanks again.

For a room-only reservation, your deposit is one night. The balance is due at the end of your vacation.

For a package (I don't think that you can book packages yet for 2008), it is a $200 deposit, with the balance due 45 days before your vacation.

Room rates have not been released for 2008, but you can book a room only reservation now. You will be charged one night's deposit based on 2007 rates, which will then be adjusted (up, of course!) to reflect 2008 when they are released. You will not be able to apply a AAA discount yet (if you have AAA), but you can modify the reservation once AAA rates are released (sometime this summer).

I don't think you can book a package yet. Even though the package deposit is $200 regardless of the package cost, the packages have not been released and I don't think they will let you reserve a package yet. Someone will correct me if I am wrong, though! :thumbsup2

If you book room-only now but want a package later, I think you have to cancel the room and book the package rather than converting the reservation from room-only to package.

Bottom-line - if you want a room-only reservation, you can book now, but the rate will change. If you want a package with tickets (with or without the Dining Plan), you will need to wait until packages are released (June or July, I think).

Happy planning!

And welcome to the DIS!

Thanks -- we definately want to do the package -- with dining i think -- so I will wait until I can do that. I am surprised it is only the $200 down , that is not a problem. If I had to do 1/2 or more it may have been an issue -- we are gonna pay for most of the trip next jan/feb with our tax refund.

I booked 3 rooms last weekend for Feb. of 2008. We wanted to make sure we could get the hotel and section we wanted, since this will be a busy time being break and all. I had to put down a deposit of one nights stay for each room. I was told that when the 2008 rates come out in July/August the room rates would be adjusted and I could add on the DDP and tixs when the 2008 deals were released. Basically all you are doing is giving them a good faith payment for them holding a room for you. :thumbsup2

FYI- We paid and planned our first WDW trip in Feb. 2006 (with the tax refund) for July 15-21 2006. Also, as I am sure you will hear, because we did, "Why would you go to Florida in July? It is going to be too hot!" The week we went in July was warm, but it was the hottest week in MI that summer. Florida was actually a little cooler! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter