I am SOOO excited!! some questions though

Congratulations to us!!!! We just signed in last week, UY is Dec 06 also.
is it possible to use the points even before the purchase closes? As in use the points by Feb, even though my purchase closes by Mar, that is if im lucky to get a booking by early Feb. since its just a few weeks away.

We just signed up and got a Sept UY....250 right away and 250 in Sept 2007. Gonna blow it all on a Grand Viilla in Nov. 2007 :-)

Jim

If I understand this correctly your Sept 2006 UY points will expire Sept 2007, so you won't be able to use them in November.

If I understand this correctly your Sept 2006 UY points will expire Sept 2007, so you won't be able to use them in November.

I'll be banking them so I can use them in Nov.

How long can you bank points?

Thanks
I'm new at this also so if someone wants to correct me feel free! You can bank your points for one use year and you can also borrow points from your upcoming year but that's it. One year forward or back.

Jim

With a September Use Year:
you have 6 months to bank 100% of your points (Feb 28 2007),
50% by May 31, 25% by June 30.

For example if you are not going to those Sept 2006 points you have until Feb 28, 2007 to decide to bank 100% of them. If you bank them they will be available for stays between Sept 2007 and August 31, 2008. They (banked 2006 points) will expire August 31, 2008.

With a September Use Year:
you have 6 months to bank 100% of your points (Feb 28 2007),
50% by May 31, 25% by June 30.

This is correct. That's why your UY is only important when banking and borrowing...and not the "time" of year you vacation.

Don't feel too confused now. Once you start using the system, it will all gel. ;)
Also.. when you get access to the member web site and go to your account you will see your points, ressies and how many are used, banked, borrow.

We also just purchased 300 points for SSR, We already booked a studio for 3 nights in Feb, Our guide was very good we were able to book even though we haven't recieved our paperwork yet, Our UY is Oct and we also got 06 points.
After reading through this forum, I'm pretty sure we have til March 31 to bank 100% of our leftover points unless we decide to go again this year.If I don't bank by 3/31 we can bank 50% of our remaining points up until Sept 30 or lose them, and if we did bank and then decided to go again this year I would need to borrow from my 07 points but my 06 points would still be good to use after Oct 07 til Oct 08. Confused ? I sure the Hell am but I think I've got it figured out.
We're also booked for a cruise this April vacation, we'll be doing a lot of traveling this year and many years to come hopefully:woohoo:

After reading through this forum, I'm pretty sure we have til March 31 to bank 100% of our leftover points unless we decide to go again this year.If I don't bank by 3/31 we can bank 50% of our remaining points up until Sept 30 or lose them, and if we did bank and then decided to go again this year I would need to borrow from my 07 points but my 06 points would still be good to use after Oct 07 til Oct 08.
Yes with an Oct UY you have until 3/31 to bank up to 100% of the points in your contract. From 4/1 to 6/30 you can bank up to 50% of the points in your contract (not 50% of your remaining points), including any points already banked during that Use Year. So if you own 200 points and banked 40 prior to 3/31, then you could bank up to another 60 points between 4/1 and 6/30. Similarly, between 7/1 and 7/31, you could bank up to 25% of the points in your contract, including any points already banked. So if you banked 40 points prior to 7/1, you could bank up to another 10 points by 7/31. You cannot bank any points during the last 2 months of your UY (8/1-9/30).

And yes, banking is a final transaction so once banked, you cannot move the points back into their original UY. The banked '06 points can be used for stays from 10/1/07 - 9/30/08. So if you banked your '06 points into your '07UY then decided to take another vacation prior to 9/30/07, you could borrow '07UY points for that trip. Borrowing is also a final transaction so once borrowed, the points cannot be put back into their original UY if you cancel or shorten the trip for which you borrowed those points. They will expire at the end of the UY into which they are borrowed.

For quick reference, here is a table of banking deadlines for each UY: http://members.cox.net/disneyvacationclub/pages/Charts/charts.htm (thanks to the DIS board's VAScubaGuy).

So that means Sept 2006 points will expire in Sept 2007 ?
Sep '06 points are valid for stays from 9/1/06 - 8/31/07. If you bank them into your '07UY, they are valid for stays from 9/1/07 - 8/31/08. Once banked, you must use them by 8/31/08 or they will expire -- they cannot be banked again and cannot be moved back into their original UY.

LisaS...

You GO Girl !!:cheer2: :cheer2:

I'm just surfing back and forth and ...just wanted to tell you that you are doing a
"GREAT JOB" of helping all these "newbies" !!!

I remember when I bought, way back, and was sooooo nuts about the what's, when, where and why's and thank God for all the vets that helped me along.

Also...individual banking windows are shown in the DVC Monthly e-mails you all will get when you subscribe to the newsletter on the DVC membership web site...when you get your membership #'s..

Thanks very much. It wasn't so long ago I was a newbie here myself, studying the posts of all of you veterans, just trying to get my mind around all these concepts!

HI, We just did it too. Congrats. We bought ours 12-30. We recieved it by FEDEX on the 5th but keep in mind New Years. I think they give you 7 days to return it. If you would like more info feel free to pm and I'll give you more info.

Oh, and we booked our Feb. trip before we even recieved our paperwork.:rotfl: We called MS to see if there would be avail. and they said we were in the system and we coul book it so we did.:cloud9:

Good Luck:thumbsup2

We haven't gotten all our finished up paperwork (but we have mailed back all our signed paperwork) and we've already banked our 2006 points and booked for Nov. 2007. Mailing our paperwork back was slowed down b/c of New Year's, too. Our UY is September.

Just call member services and they can walk you through it.

I have to say, though, our first contact with member services wasn't quite magical. She was grouchy! I was thrilled to be calling and told her this was my first time... she didn't have any "welcome home" or "congratulations" or even a "have a magical day" when we hung up. I usually have a really fun castmember whenever I've called the regualar (407) WDisney #.

You know we didn't have that problem with MS but we did have with the 407 #. I called before we bought and booked a non-dvc resort ,well we wanted to see if we could move up the date and she said no, all full keep what you've got and then she hung up! :confused3 :confused3 I was so shocked I hung up before I remembered that there was a survey at the end of the call!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter