I am so mad right now I am in tears! ** update on page 2, post #30 **

disneyfreakk

<font color=blue>I sing Spongebob to my dogs</font
I booked the 14th floor concierge at the Contempoary in *SEPTEMBER*. We had planned on going Oct 17th - 24th. Well I recieved a call back this morning from the itenerary planning service. This call did not go well at all. I had wanted to go ahead and give them my requests for V&A chefs table as well as for Cindys royal table dinner. These were my only requests for the whole week! I explained to the woman on the phone that I would like V&A for any night except for our first night, and Cindys for any other night but would prefere to watch the fireworks either during or right after dinner. She asks me agian what my dates are and then told me that it was too early to book and that I needed to call them back and leave a message on their answering machine at 180 days out! I told her that if I had wanted to book my ADRs myself then I wouldnt be paying almost $600/night for concierge service. She then said " well, I can just make a note and call you back on the 180 day mark. So you wanted V&A chefs table for the 17th? and you will be staying at the GF?" I was so freaking mad at this point that I just told her "just forget it" and hung up.

We didnt go to WDW and stay on property last year because of a big problem with the AKL concierge in 2004. Here is what happend in 04 : My DH and I got off of the Disney cruise ship ( cat 3, wonderful service BTW ;) ) and when we get to the AKL the had lost our ressies. The rude woman at the check in treated us like we were idiots and kept asking " did you get upgraded? Are you SURE you didnt get upgraded? Are you at the right resort?" well, you get the idea. Thank goodness I was well prepared and had all of our paper work with us. So we get our concierge room because I had already paid for the package! ( wasnt that nice of them? :rolleyes: ) And then I find out that they lost our Cindys royal table ressies also ( the only ADR I made! ) , and they couldnt get us a reservation because that resturant fills up months in advance. DUH! That was the reason I booked our dinner 3 months out! But wait, there's MORE! We get into our room and there is a used razor and soap in the shower. And the next day I woke up with this wonderful rash. I sleep on my stomach in all my glory ( we dont have kids, and sorry if this is TMI! ) so you can imagine where the rash was. :blush: I go to the conceirge and ask them to have our sheets changed and that I needed them to get me some benadrile (sp? ). Well guess what? They told me that the runner was out and about and that *I* should probably just go down to the gift shop myself. Of course they were out at the gift shop. So I head back to the concierge and ask them to call a pharmacy, walgreens, or a delivery place to deliver some benadrile. No they wouldnt do that... they told me that they knew for sure that the MK would have some and I should go there. Sigh, so we went to the MK and got some meds. And then two nights before we were to leave the AKL my DH and I were sitting up in the lounge having a drink and planning on going to see wishes that night when the "helpful" concierge staff over heard us and "let us in on a little known seacret" : He said that we should wait until the next night and go to the bar (the callifornia grill bar ) and watch the fireworks from there because they pipe the music in. So the next night we are at the contempoary guest service desk asking where this lounge/bar is because we would like to watch the fireworks like our concierge had suggested. The guest service looked really sad to have to tell us that 1) the bar is only open to people who have resservations and they were filled up that night. and 2) Wishes was the night before! Now I did have a little sit down with the AKL GM, and they refunded the difference between the savanah view and concierge since we didnt recieve any concierge service. We enjoyed the view, so I thought that was only fair that we pay for that.

I am going to cancel our CR ressies right after this post. My DH and I have pretty much lost all faith/hope in the Disney resort system. We have decided to go to Las Vegas for the week that we were going to spend at disney. Then fly to Orlando and spend the week at the HRH with our friends like we do every year. I just dont want the start of our month long vacation being mad and upset with disney. And I am affraid that is what would happen if things are like this 6+ months out.

Thank you for letting me vent! :(
Kellie

Ouch! :confused3

I can't say I would blame you. I have only stayed concerige a few times, and found it not that helpful. I feel much better doing my own ressies and being "in control". :wizard: Then I know what I got.

I have read that the concerige service that answers the phone is not necessarily at your resort. There is supposed to be a pre-planning office & that is probably part of their confusion. You where probably routed to that? Again, for that kinda money, there should be absolutely no problems. And yes, you should be able to get those 2 ressies.

Good luck, I hope things work. If you haven't cancelled you might think of calling the GM at the CR? And let them know what happened and see if he is anymore helpful? Or, maybe its like CRO if you get a confused cm, hang up immediately and call back. Get to talk to someone else?

mky :smickey:

Aw, I'm sorry, it does sound completely awful! I've never went concierge, but seems to me they should be a little more willing to please!!!!

Is it possible the person you had on the phone today was just not very good? Many times I've called Disney, or pretty much any Customer service for that matter, and gotten someone who just wasn't into doing their job, or else they are not that bright. When that happens I say I need to go and get off the phone right away and call back to get someone else. I think I can tell right away by the tone and knowledge of the person whether they are worth staying on the line with.

Maybe with the line you called there aren't that many CM's to answer the phone, or maybe the situation is different with concierge. But anyways, I really do hope you have a great LV vacation!!

oops, I see you got a call back from itinerary planning!!!
So really there was no other option.

I think you had some big bad luck.... take care!!!

I have the same feeling, different reasons...

and I know that my anger is covering up my pain, so when I stop screaming (either outloud or in my mind) I just cry - all because of a stupid "dream" my heart is making... my first trip to disney was also ruined, so this trip was supposed to be a "make up" trip - and its turning into a fiasco...

I'm thinking that may be a good thing, that way my expectations will be lowered!!

Thanks for posting, its nice to know I'm not alone!!

(PS my expecatations - NO FREE dining...

and if there is free dining that I can take advantage of it without having to change resorts.

and if there is free dining it is extended into Columbus Day weekend so as not to mess with *MY* dates - because *I* am important!! (yes I know, I was trying to realize how selfish I'm being!!)

1. Free Dining
2. No more free dining pkgs at my resort (deluxe) would I like to change resorts? (good god this is the same thing that happened last year!)
3. Ends a week early so everyone is coming MY week!! (again, see selfish of me post!!)

4. whining is good when no one you know reads whine, and no one you know will change their opinion of you. whining is good when you type it out, you become ashamed at how selfish you seem... and life starts to change...

That is so horrible. :( I just keep hearing more and more stories about CMs who don't know what they are talking about. They either give wrong info or they don't follow through with that they say they are going to do. Reading Tikiman's post earlier today and now this one really makes me mad. You would think Disney could keep some competent, well organized, and knowledgeable CMs working in these concierge positions. That is what people are paying for. :( 90% of the time I speak with a CM at WDW I feel like they don't know half of what I already know. So I've just gotten use to not asking them for anything anymore. Because if I do I know they'll mess it up. Enjoy VEGAS!!! :) We love going there!!! :thumbsup2

I've never been treated well at the AKL, we gave them two chances, and both times were met with rude CMs. We will not be back.

That's awful....I always say, if you want something done right, do it yourself!

Have fun in Vegas....hope you will give Disney another chance!

I've worked at nice hotels in the past and being the concierge was a BIG deal, you had to really know your stuff and the fun part of it (my friend was concierge) was that you get to book all these really nice things for people and arrange suprises etc. And this was at a resort in Indian Wells, CA. I would think Disney Concierge would be cream of the crop. :( Sorry you had such a bad experience.

thank you for the support you guys! :grouphug: I did call the concierge manager right after I hung up on the IPO this morning. He said that either he or the IPO manager would call me back. He didnt even get all of my info. :( It is 8:30 in the evening here and I havent recieved any calls. Heck, when I called and cancelled our reservations tonight the poor kid couldnt get off the phone quick enough after he asked me why I was cancelling our ressies and I started to fill him in! LOL

Anyhoo, our vacation will not be ruined darn it!

Hey DISNEYFREAKK: I am so sorry that you had so much trouble! I would be disappointed too and probably do the same thing that you did. I heard some horror stories about concierge help desks and it worries me a little. We are staying Concierge at the Polynesian in October and they have sent me a request list...I will fill it out with my priorities including V&A Chef's table and Cindy's too but I am going to make it a point to call myself too! I have to be up by 4:00 a.m to try and catch these places but I feal that it is WELL WORTH IT! We have been trying to get V&A Chefs table for THREE YEARS! I figure it can't hurt for two of us to try! this is our 26th wedding anniversary so it's special and there's no place better! :worship:

you're still carrying a grudge over a 2004 trip because the concierge staff wouldn't run out and fetch allergy cream for your...privates? :lmao:

helenm29 said:
Hey DISNEYFREAKK: I am so sorry that you had so much trouble! I would be disappointed too and probably do the same thing that you did. I heard some horror stories about concierge help desks and it worries me a little. We are staying Concierge at the Polynesian in October and they have sent me a request list...I will fill it out with my priorities including V&A Chef's table and Cindy's too but I am going to make it a point to call myself too! I have to be up by 4:00 a.m to try and catch these places but I feal that it is WELL WORTH IT! We have been trying to get V&A Chefs table for THREE YEARS! I figure it can't hurt for two of us to try! this is our 26th wedding anniversary so it's special and there's no place better! :worship:

Thank you! It looks like your concierge is doing better than the CR! We didnt even get the request form, and thats why I was calling them. ;) Congrats on the 26 years of marriatal bliss and good luck with the V&A chefs table! I hear its absolutly wonderful :)

:grouphug: I'm sorry you had all the hassles - even though my DH & I both love the Disney resort concierge experience, we have both said that Disney's concierge is not really a "true" concierge, though at those prices they should be! :rotfl2:

After all, for $509 a night you could be at the Ritz Carlton Orlando (Grande Lakes) with a new Mercedes to use during your stay included! Click on:

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/resorts/orlando_grande_lakes/packages/room/key_to_luxury.html

disneyfreakk said:
Thank you! It looks like your concierge is doing better than the CR! We didnt even get the request form, and thats why I was calling them. ;)

I am sorry you had such a bad experience with the AKL Concierge and now CR Concierge. I know the Poly IPO staff sends a pre-planning request form, but the GF and CR IPO do not. You contact the GF and CR IPOs yourself. We stayed at the GF concierge in December and had a wonderful experience. We are staying CR concierge in September and have had another wonderful experience so far. The same IPO staff does the GF and CR, so we are dealing with the same terrific CM this trip that we used in December.

I hope you have a great trip to Las Vegas and to Orlando.

I'm staying at the CR Atrium level about the same time you were booked. I emailed the CR concierge staff on Sunday with my ADR requests, and they responded within a few hours with my itinerary and conf. numbers. They were just as effecient when we stayed there last summer. Sorry you had a different experience.

eblack0409 said:
That's awful....I always say, if you want something done right, do it yourself!

Have fun in Vegas....hope you will give Disney another chance!

I could not agree more. We always make all of our own reservations. We never look for any CM's for help. So far so good. Most everything has gone well for us by adopting this policy. :thumbsup2

What a cruddy experience....glad I cant afford concierge it hardly seems worth it. Doesnt sound very DISNEY at all.

triplefigs said:
I am sorry you had such a bad experience with the AKL Concierge and now CR Concierge. I do believe the Poly IPO staff is the only one who sends a pre-planning request form. The rest of the IPOs you contact yourself. We stayed at the GF concierge in December and had a wonderful experience. We are staying CR concierge in September and have had another wonderful experience so far. The same IPO staff does the GF and CR, so we are dealing with the same terrific CM this trip that we used in December.

I hope you have a great trip to Las Vegas and to Orlando.

I'm not sure that is true, I rec'd my preplanning request form from AKL six months before our arrival date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter