I am so frustrated...I just want to cry!!!!

dalton165

Mouseketeer
After seeing all the beautiful digital scrapbook pages on here...I decided to go out and purchase Photoshop elements 7. Well - $80 and 4 days later - I have NO CLUE how to do anything! :badpc:

I can't believe that this software doesn't come with any type of manual! I'm not the most computer savvy person in the world and it's just over my head.

I've looked into some classes around me but they cost several hundred dollars. I don't need certification...I just want to preserve my vacation memories.

How did you learn how to do this? Can anyone recommend a good book that can "walk" me through the process.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks
Lisa

Have you checked into the Jessica Sprague online lessons? There seem to be a lot of digital scrapbooking software tutorial offerings from her - and they seem basic and friendly.

Have you checked out YouTube? I recall seeing some there, too. I haven't yet taken the plunge yet (but I bought the software, too!) but am going to try and experiment some day when I get a few hours of time.

Lisa,
Don't panic, there are lots of gals on here that will come to your rescue. I'm a digital dummy, by choice, so I'm of no true help w/ information.

However, with that being said, I would suggest trying this link that one of our digi scrappers, Fran, started.. it may give you some insight..
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1475382

Hope it helps just a little.. If not, I'm sure the gals will be around soon to give you even better advice, tutorials, etc.

twopeasinabucket.com has a bunch of digi scrapping tutorials too. maggie

Don't cry Lisa!!! I promise it will get better. I also got photoshop elements and was frustrated just trying to add some color to a black and white photo. The people here helped me through it and the pic turned out fabulous!

I also recommend jessica sprague, she has great classes and tutorials.

I know exactly where you are coming from, I felt the same way when I first started using photoshop. I learned a lot of stuff from youtube, just search photoshop tutorials and you can see some great step by step videos. Good Luck!

I will echo the sentiments about Jessica Sprague. Her online tutorials are fantastic and relatively inexpensive.

Also I have seen several "Photoshop for Dummies" books at the bookstore. They seem pretty good too.

I feel your pain. I bought it and now I wish I wouldn't have because I know I will hardly ever use it. I knew there was a learning curve but it just frustrated me that I quit. I went out and bought the Creative Memories scrapbooking software and Memory Manager software and I like that so much better.

Stinks only because I feel like I wasted $90.

(HUG)

I hope those tutorials help you out!

I second the idea to try some of th eJessica Sprague classes online. They are great, and a great group of ladies over there!

Also, you may want to use the Creative Memories free product in the beginning, and work on some skills with the photoshop as you learn them!

I bought the ebooks from scrapgirls.com. They really got me going in the right direction. You'll get it. Just hang in there.

If "I" can learn to do it, anyone can. But, it sure helps to have a friend walk you through it the first time . . . or 10th. lol I've found a couple useful references in the magazine section of Barnes and noble The Focus Guide Photoshop

The instructions for each particular process are complete on one page, including screen shots, notes and danger points. They often come with software, included. The magazine is about 16$ but you won't need a bunch of issues to solve your problem - I have two.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. :)

I've decided to "step" away from the computer - get some housework done and spend the weekend playing with the kiddos.

I'll search the web on Monday for tutorials that were recommended and hopefully I'll get the hang of it :goodvibes

I am also going to get the library to see if they have any good books!

Thanks Again for all the help!!

Lisa

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. :)

I've decided to "step" away from the computer - get some housework done and spend the weekend playing with the kiddos.

I'll search the web on Monday for tutorials that were recommended and hopefully I'll get the hang of it :goodvibes
I am also going to get the library to see if they have any good books!

Thanks Again for all the help!!

Lisa

Hey Lisa, dont feel discouraged! ((hugs))
When I first started I did Google. I looked up everything from "Photo editing tutorial" to "shadowing tutorial" Just make sure you type out PSE *** Tutorial. Otherwise you'll get a tutorial for every graphic program out there!

You can do it, I know you can!!:banana:

I've been watching "digital scrapbooking" videos on YouTube and for the first time, I think I finally understand my software. Photoshop Elements 6.

I found a book in the library called picture yourself creating digital scrapbooks by lori j davis and sally beacham. it's pretty cool. also found how to do just about anything with your digital photos by graham davis. (not as fond of this one but it did have some helpful ideas)

For a very quick start...go to You Tube and run "Photoshop 7" tutorials. Add the word scrapbook to give you fewer choices to start with. This is how I started. I have also taken some Jessica Sprague and bought a Scrap Girls class...but I first just kept Photoshop up while I ran several beginning tutes from You Tube! Good luck! Once you learn it's very simple!!

After seeing all the beautiful digital scrapbook pages on here...I decided to go out and purchase Photoshop elements 7. Well - $80 and 4 days later - I have NO CLUE how to do anything! :badpc:

I can't believe that this software doesn't come with any type of manual! I'm not the most computer savvy person in the world and it's just over my head.

I've looked into some classes around me but they cost several hundred dollars. I don't need certification...I just want to preserve my vacation memories.

How did you learn how to do this? Can anyone recommend a good book that can "walk" me through the process.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks
Lisa

Lisa,
I hear you on Photoshop, that program has a huge learning curve, I have used it for many years.

If you want to learn an easier program, get StoryBook Creator Plus 3.0. This is so user friendly and quick to learn. You can create pages in under 10 minutes. I persoally love the program. The program can be purchased from a Creative Memories consultant.

Cathie

Hi Lisa!

I have PSE 6 and have dabbled with it some.
A scrappy friend introduced me to "Mastering Photoshop Elements Made Easy" on CD. It covers 4.0 through 7.0 and is for PC or Mac.
It's produced by TeachUComp, Inc.

The ISBN # is 978-1-934131-43-5
The UPC # is 9781934131435

It has:
137 video lessons,
over 6 hours of instruction,
2 printable classroom manuals,
practice exercises &
keyboard shortcuts

Hope this helps!

Marylee pixiedust:

P.S. I am not affiliated with the maker of the CD or any seller of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter