I am so excited! I am booking our cruise!

amanda12404

Mouseketeer
I can't believe this. I wrote a post about 2 weeks ago and my husband has reluctantly agreed but I am taking that as a big yes :) I am booking for the May 30 on the Dream. Is there anything you can think of like hurricanes that would be a bad time to go? I honestly am so excited. I researched and booked room 7554. Does that sound ok? I feeling so bad for all of you because the amount of questions I am going to have is ridiculous!

May is a great month for cruising. The weather is great and the Dream is awesome. My DD and I sailed on the Dream in December. You will enjoy the private Island Castaway, so much to
do for families or just adults (the adult only area is great). Happy Sailing:mickeyjum

I see by the number of your posts that you are brand spankin' new...Congratulations on your first DCL cruise. I say first because I'm sure there will be more...
:welcome:

Do your research here but don't be overwhelmed. There is ALWAYS somebody who doesn't like what you think you'll love. There are those who WAAAAAAAAY overplan. Don't over-think tipping, MDRs, boarding time, excursions, etc etc etc....the idea is to enjoy yourself, not have anxiety.

MOST OF ALL: read the daily navigators. Take plenty of photos. and....have a great time.:jumping1:

We have sailed on the Dream several times before. You will have a GREAT time. We sailed on the Dream around The middle of May in 2014 and the weather was perfect. We were on the Fantasy May 16th through 23 this year and had great weather. There is soooo much to experience onboard that you cannot do it all. Try to plan your most desirable activities and then if time allows you can do other things as well. Be sure to schedule some relaxation also, because that is the place to do it! Have a Great Trip

I LOVE your enthusiasm. Nothing like being a newbie, and spending the year leading up to your cruise doing all this fun research. It's the next best thing to the cruise itself.

We have always cruised April - June, and it's always been wonderful. We've never had a problem with storms, but it's always worthwhile to think about trip insurance. Some of the providers require that you book the insurance within a couple days of making your first payment towards the cruise, so consider that. You can always add your pre-cruise travel like airfare to the trip insurance later (depending on the provider again).

Congratulations - you are going to have a super time! Please consider writing a trip report after the cruise, so we can hear about your adventures!

I can't believe this. I wrote a post about 2 weeks ago and my husband has reluctantly agreed but I am taking that as a big yes :) I am booking for the May 30 on the Dream. Is there anything you can think of like hurricanes that would be a bad time to go? I honestly am so excited. I researched and booked room 7554. Does that sound ok? I feeling so bad for all of you because the amount of questions I am going to have is ridiculous!

The Dream is a beautiful ship, we are hoping to sail on her again November/December next year. The month of May should be a great time to sail. If you can swing it fly in the night before (or more), this is what we do each and every cruise. We like to keep it all Disney all the time so we book one of the WDW resorts, which ever one we can afford at the time of the cruise. So we have stayed at the Grand Floridian for one night for one of our cruises to the All Star Music before our sail date. We have had a great time at each and every one of the resorts we have stayed at. We take the Magical Express to the resort, hit one of our favorite Disney restaurants, shop at Down Town Disney, and explore the resort (the bars :o is one of our favorites places to explore). Get on the DCL bus to the port for our departure date and have a great time on our DCL cruise.

Of course there are plenty of other places to stay; if you do not want to do Disney. Just ask where to stay on this board and you will get plenty of advice.

Have a fun time on your cruise (I'm sure you will),
MinnesoteMouseketeers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter