I am screaming on the inside with exciment

The Ipad screen is smaller. And the keyboard needs to pop up to type. I really don't like the Ipad myself. So many people love it. I like my laptop.

Merry Christmas to you.

Well Ipad has issue with a bunch of websites, so there is a difference.

That said if you are just doing some light surfing and email, it is fine.

The Ipad screen is smaller. And the keyboard needs to pop up to type. I really don't like the Ipad myself. So many people love it. I like my laptop.

Merry Christmas to you.

Well Ipad has issue with a bunch of websites, so there is a difference.

That said if you are just doing some light surfing and email, it is fine.

Thank you both and happy holidays to you both

I don't think basic internet stuff is much different. I have an ipad and a laptop. I prefer the laptop because I do a lot of copying & pasting and typing. It's so much easier to do on a laptop. I even have a bluetooth keyboard for my ipad and it's still easier on a laptop. My ipad could never replace my laptop.

My husband never uses his laptop anymore. He loves his iPad. But he rarely types. He uses it to watch videos and surf the net.

I have both and actually find I use my IPad more due to it's smaller size and portability. It's true that it's not Flash compatible (why oh why can't these people get it together??) but it's not a huge inconvenience for what I use it for, mainly use it when I'm traveling, out and about shopping, reading and listening to music (LOVE PANDORA RADIO) and, most importantly, downloading my photos from my camera.:thumbsup2

I have both and actually find I use my IPad more due to it's smaller size and portability. It's true that it's not Flash compatible (why oh why can't these people get it together??) but it's not a huge inconvenience for what I use it for, mainly use it when I'm traveling, out and about shopping, reading and listening to music (LOVE PANDORA RADIO) and, most importantly, downloading my photos from my camera.:thumbsup2

I am so lucky I will still have both so I can go back and forth when needed

I like a keypad too.
which is why I've never gotten an iPhone either,like my blackberry. :goodvibes

iPads cannot view Flash content which is irritating at times. Thankfully I have a desktop computer for that.

I prefer the iPad overall for portability and ease of use when it comes to web browsing, email, etc.

I love the portability of the ipad, but I cannot stop using my laptop. My biggest complaint is rather weird. On my laptop I can scroll over a thread title and a little blurb pops up with the first few sentences and I decide if I want to click on it . My ipad or kindle fire doesn't have that little blurb and I think I waste time clicking on threads that I wouldn't have usually.

I love the portability of the ipad, but I cannot stop using my laptop. My biggest complaint is rather weird. On my laptop I can scroll over a thread title and a little blurb pops up with the first few sentences and I decide if I want to click on it . My ipad or kindle fire doesn't have that little blurb and I think I waste time clicking on threads that I wouldn't have usually.

Man so I have click on every thread that is appealing talk about time consuming oh well

DisneyDebbie said:

That's why I use the DISboards app on my iPad....it displays the first couple lines of the post under the thread title.

LJSquishy said:
iPads cannot view Flash content which is irritating at times. Thankfully I have a desktop computer for that.

I prefer the iPad overall for portability and ease of use when it comes to web browsing, email, etc.

It can if you download Puffin app. Our reading curriculum is flash based and works fine if we load through puffin rather than safari. Not sure about all flash based websites, though.

LJSquishy said:

Same here. I hardly use my laptop at home anymore.

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest