I am on pins and needles

tcp0421

DIS Veteran
My DD 5 has been complaining of it hurting when she goes pee. I took her to the dr's on Thursday and he did a urine test. On Friday she woke up and went pee and wiped and it was bloody! The urine test from Thursday came back negative for a UTI. Took her to the dr again and he ran another urine test and did blood work. He told me if I dont hear from him by 11am today to call him. Of course I l looked on the computer to find out why there is blood in her urine and all bad things came up. I mean BAD things like kidney failure, cancer, etc.. I didnt sleep at all lastnight! Has anyone heard of this?

I don't have the answers, but do know the more we read, the more we drive ourselves crazy. :hug:

I will say prayers for your daughter, and your family. I am sure it will all work out on Monday.:grouphug:

Mommasita is completely right. Think positive and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers! :grouphug:

Thank you! My Dr called today..it is a UTI! I am not sure why it didnt come back positive the day before, but I am relieved it is a UTI and not something more serious. Again Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.:hug:

I had a UTI and although it was annoying, it wasn't much pain. Just make sure that you do EVERYTHING your doctor tells you because, like mine, it can come back. Good luck and it is NOTHING in the realm of things.

Thank you! My Dr called today..it is a UTI! I am not sure why it didnt come back positive the day before, but I am relieved it is a UTI and not something more serious. Again Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.:hug:

Oh good news. Not that it is an infection, but rather, that is ALL it is...:goodvibes

Phew.. glad it was just that.. When I read it, I thought ohoh.. UTI, so common in little girls..

Hugs!!!

Thank you everyone. She had a UTI when she was 4 months old too, so this is her second time having one. I too had one after I gave birth to my second child...and I was in pain. I had to bite on my shirt or a washcloth so I wouldnt scream! I am thankful that it is only a UTI though and not something else.

Making sure that things that cause one are watched. wipe from front to back not the otherway, hypogenic wipes if she uses the towletts. Some acid drinks, Oh, I remember giving cranberry juice to my daughter to ward them off too.

And the biggie, no Bubble Baths. Gosh, would that flare one.
Hope she is feeling better,
dianne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter