• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I am offered a new fp+ experiment at...

disneyseniors

DIS Veteran
BOG. Yes, this am in my email I received an offer from Disney to be a participant in a new fp BOG restaurant experiment. We are offered fast passes at several open windows which will "allow us to walk right in". The experiment? We have to pre-order our meal with the fp's. That's right. They are experimenting with pre-ordering food. Our meals will be ready at our window time upon arrival. :confused3
I could not believe this:sad2: Isn't it enough that we have to pick our adr's 180 days out? I do not want to have to pick out our meals along with that! I hope this "experiment" doesn't work out for them. I have written back to wdw and kindly refused their offer. I also explained to them just why we wouldn't be participating in this experiment. I hope they listen to my opinion.
I just feel that we are doing enough preplanning as it is with fp's and adr's. If we have to start preplanning our meals at some point, that is going to be too much for us:( I don't know if this experiment is for BOG only in the future, or other restaurants, or if this is just a limited time experiment to see how it works? But I do know that we won't be participating in it! Thanks for letting me vent:) I know I'll get flamed by those who would love to preplan their meals, so please just let me vent and state my opinion:hippie:

We booked a BOG fastpass and preordered our meal. We had no problem with this as we already know where we are going to eat and what we will order before arriving. We had the option of booking a fastpass time OR booking and ordering. A word of advice to anyone else, preorder if you book. The line was over 30 minutes for those with a fastpass but no preorder. We got to walk right in. We uberplan though so other results may vary. We enjoy knowing exactly what we will be having at a particular venue. Its part of our fun in planning.

That is AWESOME! I'd be super-excited to have that opportunity!
I, also, would pre-order...just to skip one other step in the process. Why not!

Enjoy your trip! (I'd presume it is coming up rather quickly!)
pixiedust:

They've been doing this test for a while now. You don't have to pre-order your food, it is just faster if you do. Otherwise you can just book a time and order when you get there.

BOG. Yes, this am in my email I received an offer from Disney to be a participant in a new fp BOG restaurant experiment. We are offered fast passes at several open windows which will "allow us to walk right in". The experiment? We have to pre-order our meal with the fp's. That's right. They are experimenting with pre-ordering food. Our meals will be ready at our window time upon arrival. :confused3
I could not believe this:sad2: Isn't it enough that we have to pick our adr's 180 days out? I do not want to have to pick out our meals along with that! I hope this "experiment" doesn't work out for them. I have written back to wdw and kindly refused their offer. I also explained to them just why we wouldn't be participating in this experiment. I hope they listen to my opinion.
I just feel that we are doing enough preplanning as it is with fp's and adr's. If we have to start preplanning our meals at some point, that is going to be too much for us:( I don't know if this experiment is for BOG only in the future, or other restaurants, or if this is just a limited time experiment to see how it works? But I do know that we won't be participating in it! Thanks for letting me vent:) I know I'll get flamed by those who would love to preplan their meals, so please just let me vent and state my opinion:hippie:

You don't ave to preorder. Just select expedited seating (or something like that)

thanks everyone:) I didn't know you could just book and not preorder. They made it sound like you had to preorder your meal, and I just couldn't see doing that cause I don't know what or how much I want to eat til I get to the restaurant. I will check in to expedited seating. Thanks for being kind:)

As other posters have said, You dont have to pre order. And you can make edits. However, from a logistics perspective it helps keep lines moving thus allowing more fellow guests to enjoy the restaurant. Nobody is making you do it so feel free to wait in line and get seating only. We used it in August and picky kid knew exactly what he wanted and me preordering my yummy cupcake didnt impact the experience of the castle at all- I knew I was getting it the minute I read the menu! But expediting this allows for more guests (and yes more money) thus reducing waits and allowing more people to explore the lovely themed restaurant. I dont see them doing this at other restaurants just this one since it is so popular.

And Im sure if they didn't set something up to ease the logistics somebody on these boards would post how terrible it was that they couldn't handle the demand and there should be a way to expedite things...oh wait that was the posts when they first opened....

you're welcome. I have a BOG FP for next Wednesday, but I didn't order the food. If I want, I can go back in at any time and modify it to choose my food, but ordering at the kiosk is pretty easy and I've never waited long for them to bring the food to the table...

We loved the pre-ordering. The menu is pretty limited and so it's not that difficult a choice. Made lunch easy and quick to get!

I've done it 3 times. Last November (yes, this has been going on for a year), I preordered but they lost it so I had to go through the order line.

In May, we did not preorder so we had to go through the order line.

Last week, I did preorder, they had it on record, it was very quick, straight to seat and food came in about 10 minutes.

If you do decide to preorder, you can change it right up to time you get there. So you are not "committed" weeks ahead of time.

I've done it 3 times. Last November (yes, this has been going on for a year), I preordered but they lost it so I had to go through the order line. In May, we did not preorder so we had to go through the order line. Last week, I did preorder, they had it on record, it was very quick, straight to seat and food came in about 10 minutes. If you do decide to preorder, you can change it right up to time you get there. So you are not "committed" weeks ahead of time.
Actually, it's been going on longer than that. I did it for the first time back in August 2013. And, out of three times that I have pre-ordered, they've lost my order every time.

Again, thanks everyone:) I didn't know all that stuff obviously:confused3 so got all upset about it. I can now see how preordering a simple menu would save time. I just honestly know what I will want til I get there, soo........

I've done it 3 times. Last November (yes, this has been going on for a year), I preordered but they lost it so I had to go through the order line.

In May, we did not preorder so we had to go through the order line.

Last week, I did preorder, they had it on record, it was very quick, straight to seat and food came in about 10 minutes.

If you do decide to preorder, you can change it right up to time you get there. So you are not "committed" weeks ahead of time.

THIS, I changed one of our party's order on our way to the venue. She was still feeling a bit full from the previous night's food fest and decided on the vegetable quiche instead of the roast beef. The wait was 30 minutes or more without the preorder. My advice would be to preorder what looks good and then change it if you feel like something else on the way. By the way, the gray stuff WAS delicious!

We preordered in August. I added the meal choices about 5 days before. My kids knew exactly what they wanted. I am not picky and I actually forgot what I ordered by the time we went. So, it was a surprise. I really enjoyed it, though.

I would say to go for it if you want to have lunch at BOG. When you arrive and see the enormous line of people, you will be grateful that you get to bypass all of it.

I don't think it is anything to get upset about, however. It is just an option they are providing. Nothing says you have to utilize it.

A. You can change your mind about what you want.

B. You see the Magic Bands at their best (strangest? creepiest?) when you go into a giant dining room and your food magically shows up at your table (pushed by a CM in a cart)

That is AWESOME! I'd be super-excited to have that opportunity!
I, also, would pre-order...just to skip one other step in the process. Why not!

Enjoy your trip! (I'd presume it is coming up rather quickly!)
pixiedust:

You can do it too if you are staying at one of the disney resorts. You do not have to receive the email from Disney.

BOG Fastpass

You don't ave to preorder. Just select expedited seating (or something like that)

We went that route. It took us 15 minutes to wait through a line and order (family of 5). They direct you to a kiosk to place your order. The kiosk is as stubborn to use as the fast pass kiosks. We would choose to pre order if doing it again.

On an upside the tables are RFID active and they know where you sit after ordering automatically. Very neat.

On an upside the tables are RFID active and they know where you sit after ordering automatically. Very neat.

I'm glad you posted this part. We were there a couple of weeks ago, and I wondered :confused: how they knew where we were when they brought our food. It makes sense now. :cool1:

Again, thanks everyone:) I didn't know all that stuff obviously:confused3 so got all upset about it. I can now see how preordering a simple menu would save time. I just honestly know what I will want til I get there, soo........

It would be nice if they explained it all a little better- but at least now you can get the reservations if you want them and not have to figure out what you want to eat!

We dined 2xs. Once for lunch & then dinner. I enjoyed the pre-ordered lunch better than dinner. Lol. I had forgotten the lunch & did a double take when they came with the meal on a cart. I thought they were just showing desserts. Otter than seeing the Beast at dinner, I enjoyed lunch much more.

We sat at the same table 2xs with the same Castmember serving us. I asked her "how did you know we were here?" She said, "it's a secret". I said, "I guess you'd have to kill us if you did". She laughed, I said, "Don't worry I won't tell the Beast." All in all, it was a nice experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter