I am not having a good month but it will end well!

Pig Pen

To all who have come to this happy place...welcome
We were flooded out during Irene...both our home and our workplace. We lost one car totally, the other one was swamped but may be salvagable. Everything in our basement (washer/dryer/water heater) including family photos, home movies, collection of Disney ornaments, etc., were destroyed. We were packing to move to FL and, as I packed, I stored the boxes in the basement so all that stuff is gone. Luckily we had already sold our house and were renting a condo so no worries there.

Lots of other people are totally homeless so I feel blessed that we came out relatively unscathed.

I have been working from the trunk of my "flooded" car for the past 2 weeks with no days off (not only were we flooded out, my agency is also involved in emergency response and flood repairs). Today we moved into our temporary offices until the end of the month, thank goodness. DH works in a differnent agency at the same location so he has been in the same boat (no pun intended).

However, there is light at the end of the tunnel because we are moving to FL on Sept 28. My replacement has been hired and will start next week. I have ADRs for Chefs De France for October 13.

I just wanted to share my pain and upcoming joy! Winter Haven or bust.

We were flooded out during Irene...both our home and our workplace. We lost one car totally, the other one was swamped but may be salvagable. Everything in our basement (washer/dryer/water heater) including family photos, home movies, collection of Disney ornaments, etc., were destroyed. We were packing to move to FL and, as I packed, I stored the boxes in the basement so all that stuff is gone. Luckily we had already sold our house and were renting a condo so no worries there.

Lots of other people are totally homeless so I feel blessed that we came out relatively unscathed.

I have been working from the trunk of my "flooded" car for the past 2 weeks with no days off (not only were we flooded out, my agency is also involved in emergency response and flood repairs). Today we moved into our temporary offices until the end of the month, thank goodness. DH works in a differnent agency at the same location so he has been in the same boat (no pun intended).

However, there is light at the end of the tunnel because we are moving to FL on Sept 28. My replacement has been hired and will start next week. I have ADRs for Chefs De France for October 13.

Dang, man, it has been rough on you, I'm sure the end of the month can't come soon enough for you. Enjoy Disney, you need it!

:hug: I'm really sorry for all that you have lost, but I love your positive attitude. Keep it up, and may things just keep getting better and better from here.

Perfect example of being optimistic. No other words actually crossed my mind while going through your message.

And Yes !!!! your month is gonna end very well.

Best Wishes

Ok, not to be Debbie Downer here but you "sold" your house but all of your stuff was still in the house? Did you close on the house yet, is all the paperwork done? If not, the flood is going to change things and you may not be able to close on your house...I would be checking into that ASAP. The buyer's financing is going to fall through because the bank isn't going to finance your house with the current damage.

Wow you have been through a lot. You have a great attitude and I am sure you will have a wonderful new life down here in Florida. We are gonna be neighbors. I live 20min away from Winter Haven. Hope you enjoy Chefs De France!

:hug: I'm really sorry for all that you have lost, but I love your positive attitude. Keep it up, and may things just keep getting better and better from here.

:thumbsup2 I really admire your positive attitude!
Good luck in Florida! :flower3:

Ok, not to be Debbie Downer here but you "sold" your house but all of your stuff was still in the house? Did you close on the house yet, is all the paperwork done? If not, the flood is going to change things and you may not be able to close on your house...I would be checking into that ASAP. The buyer's financing is going to fall through because the bank isn't going to finance your house with the current damage.

The way I'm reading it is that the basement of the rented condo is flooded. Their house was sold and they moved out. Now they're moving to FL. Hope I'm not wrong....You're way doesn't sound so good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter