I am NOT happy with TGM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C.Ann said:
--------------------------------

A simple "There is an area on his site where you can request a refund" would have been the responsible/respectable way to answer the question..

:thumbsup2 Exactly.

okay i have seen very negative ranting claws out posts. I DO NOT like it this is why and I want a refund how do I get it is not being nasty.....She was trying to get accross to everyone that she didnt like this service that was so well loved. and did you all read tgm's reply he said he gave her her refund so she did go to him, she didnt just wait around to see how the post went. what has been nasty is the backlash. which is so common on these boards. because it is a public forum just like you have the right to post disagreement with the op the op has the right to post what she doesnt like.

C.Ann said:
--------------------------------

Really? Then I guess that would apply to everyone who posts about bad experiences on the Resort Boards, Restaurant Boards, Transportation Boards, etc., - who come on here and ask where they can file a complaint and request a refund..

Just because it was in regards to TM doesn't make it any different - unless you're a loyal fan that feels there should be no complaints - under any circumstances at all..

A simple "There is an area on his site where you can request a refund" would have been the responsible/respectable way to answer the question..

OP He did not tell me anything I did not know already and it is very hard to tell what is actual advice and what is a lead into what I am about to read! How do I get my money back, because I am definately not satisfied! :mad:

And a simple note to TGM re. refunds would have been sufficient. Even a post about how the progam wasn't what she expected. Not a temper tantrum complete with an emoticon.

Maybe you think that is appropriate behavior, but I don't. Different strokes, I guess.

traciedee said:
Ya know I signed up with TGM before he became a sponsor. I like a lot of his info, but a lot of it I learned from these boards. I have also looked at other boards, other guide books and other Disney sources of info. The same info can be found on a dozen sources. But for me, I learn something helpful from each source and to me that is worth it.

Folks, you can't reinvent the wheel and there is only so much info you can provide on any source, so of course a lot of it will be repetitive. But as one poster said when you spend a lot of money on a vacation the price of a few guide sources seems pretty minimal. For me, if the Best Days and times provided by TGM work it will be 100% worth it as we are going during a hot, busy time of year.

I have read "it's info that you can find free on the web" so many times. The problem is... How is someone supposed to tell the good advice from the bad?!? :confused3
Should I use EMH or not? You'll find people that swear by EMH and those that say never use EMH. TGM says, sometimes yes, sometimes no... and here is how you know when to use it or not... I've never seen that info anywhere else. I've seen this is the best day to go to MK, EPCOT, MGM, etc. generic for the whole year, but Mike's advice changes with the seasons and he explains why. And the best park for the morning might not be the best park for the evening. Which free source will tell me that?

TGM has TONS of information there. I enjoy and would prefer having a book to read through, but if all of TGMs info was in print I'd need a uhaul to lug it around.

Also, the references to Mike's nasty responses. I read his post here and there is nothing nasty about it.

Wow. Will I ever cease to be amazed at the closed-mindedness of some individuals? Anyone feeling superior today? :rotfl:

Hollua said:
I have read "it's info that you can find free on the web" so many times. The problem is... How is someone supposed to tell the good advice from the bad?!? :confused3
Should I use EMH or not? You'll find people that swear by EMH and those that say never use EMH. TGM says, sometimes yes, sometimes no... and here is how you know when to use it or not... I've never seen that info anywhere else. I've seen this is the best day to go to MK, EPCOT, MGM, etc. generic for the whole year, but Mike's advice changes with the seasons and he explains why. And the best park for the morning might not be the best park for the evening. Which free source will tell me that?

I could tell you that. ;) So could lots of other people, I'm sure.

I'll admit that I don't really know much about TGM, but there's no way I'd want to pay for something that you really can get for free by doing your own research.

First, I'm a happy, loyal and satisfied TGM user. :goodvibes

Second, I agree with those that said the best response to the OP would be to suggest he/she email Mike directly on how to go about receiving a refund. Simple as that.

As to what the OP's intent really was - :confused3 Who knows? It's so hard to read people's emotions in an email or on a message board. So much that comes through in a physical conversation is lost in a virtual one. When people speak of snottiness or nastiness or other negativity in a response on a forum, I try to take it with a grain of salt because you don't always know what the intent truly was. Oddly, it was Mike's response to people posting on the TGM forums about some negative posts over here that reminded me of that - he asked everyone who was upset by some comments and 'shared' knowledge posts to keep that in mind, in a very friendly manner.

As for him posting over here now that he is a sponsor - I hope he continues to do so. I remember seeing people from the Unofficial Guide post here before (and I believe they used to be a sponsor). Hopefully, they will continue to do so. I think its great whenever someone who publishes well-known and/or debated advice continues to share their insight and the why's and how's of their advice. :thumbsup2

Hollua-- you will notice I said if TGM's best days and times work it's 100% worth it to me to spend the money. Even if they don't work, I know that some of the other info he has on his site has been great and has helped me understand different things. I now know a couple of great spots to watch Wishes, avoid the major crowds and still get a good view--if that works how cool is that?

All I was saying was that alot of the sites and boards will have the same info. You have to expect that. You just have to take what you consider the 'good tips' you receive from each source and go armed with as much knowledge as you can to make your trip fun. Guess you don't know what works till you actually give it a shot!

I wonder how many visitors go to WDW don't do research and don't go with a plan?

CheshireVal said:
I could tell you that. ;) So could lots of other people, I'm sure.

I'll admit that I don't really know much about TGM, but there's no way I'd want to pay for something that you really can get for free by doing your own research.

What we really like about Mike's service is that we feel it is VERY complementary to what we do on the DIS. It comes down to different strokes for different folks.
In the town I live in we don't have trash service. Your choices are to buy a dump sticker and take it there yourself or to pay someone to pick it up. I did the dump runs for a few years untill I decided that by the time I loaded the car, drove to the dump, unloaded, drove back and cleaned out the car it just was not worth it and I was better off paying someone.
Same thing here. Some people LOVE to study and compare etc. For them the boards are perfect. Other people don't want to spend as much time doing the research or want a more "guided" experience. For them TGM is perfect.
By combining forces we feel we can offer more to everyone who visits.
Just to answer some of the obvious questions I saw in this thread.
1. No he can't shut this board down
2. His site will be treated like any other. Remember we don't allow the bashing of other boards anyway. We don't want to be in a flame war with anyone.

If you stop and think about it by sponsoring this board Mike is helping everyone. Those that want to plan on their own have these boards and those that want to use his service will hear about it and get a nice discount in the process.

WebmasterAlex said:
If you stop and think about it by sponsoring this board Mike is helping everyone. Those that want to plan on their own have these boards and those that want to use his service will hear about it and get a nice discount in the process.

Very well put Alex!

I am not surprised that some people don't like or understand how to use TGM---nothing is perfect for everyone....My main gripe about this OP's post and similar ones is that the people doing it cannot possibly be doing it without either a motive to "get back" at Mike or they are just plain dumb....

The kinds of DIS posts I am talking about are any post that says something like:

"I am a TGM subscriber and I cannot figure out how to ...."

and these people never post their questions on the TGM boards--
that is either dumb or deliberately ignorant--in other words they are less interested in getting the information than in making some derogatory remark about the service...if they really wanted to actually learn something then they would ask on the TGM site --unless they are not smart enough to figure it out--which , I am sorry--that is just dumb..no nice way to describe it....and I will say I do not believe these people are dumb..so that tells you what I think most of these posts are about...if they wanted to just criticize the service that would be okay---it is this pretending like they are seeking info that I find disingenous or dumb...or both....

traciedee said:
I wonder how many visitors go to WDW don't do research and don't go with a plan?

Judging from the number of people that I saw waiting in 90+ minute lines for Peter Pan's Flight last February, quite a few.

And really, if everyone that went to the parks planned and followed a scientific touring plan, these plans would go right out the window. Fastpasses would run out at 10 AM. So I for one am glad that a lot of people just go to the parks and try to "wing it".

WebmasterAlex said:
What we really like about Mike's service is that we feel it is VERY complementary to what we do on the DIS. It comes down to different strokes for different folks.
In the town I live in we don't have trash service. Your choices are to buy a dump sticker and take it there yourself or to pay someone to pick it up. I did the dump runs for a few years untill I decided that by the time I loaded the car, drove to the dump, unloaded, drove back and cleaned out the car it just was not worth it and I was better off paying someone.
Same thing here. Some people LOVE to study and compare etc. For them the boards are perfect. Other people don't want to spend as much time doing the research or want a more "guided" experience. For them TGM is perfect.
By combining forces we feel we can offer more to everyone who visits.
Just to answer some of the obvious questions I saw in this thread.
1. No he can't shut this board down
2. His site will be treated like any other. Remember we don't allow the bashing of other boards anyway. We don't want to be in a flame war with anyone.

So, Alex, now that we have your attention...can we have our colors back...? ;)

Well said Alex

VacationDad-Up till this year I have always been one of those 'just wing it people' who waited in 90 minute lines. I'm pretty excited to try out all the stuuf I have learned and I'm going to feel quite smug when I walk by the 'no-planners' waiting in the 90 minute lines!

The OP meant to post something that was inflammatory and it worked. Based on TGM's response she/he had already applied for a refund and knew very well where to find the info to request it, so the "question" wasn't a question at all. :scratchin Oh well, whatever.
P.S. Personally, I happen to like the new colors! I think they look like spring colors and we need that up north with the grey skies! :daisy:

*nods* to Mermaid's mom! It's all gray and gloomy where I am right now and I adore the new colors :-)

Wow, TGM you should feel very important. These arguments are right up there with breast feeding in public, taking kids out of school to go to Disney world, renting strollers for older kids, running into people with those strollers, refillable mugs, pool towels, etc. HAHAHA!!!!

MermaidsMom said:
The OP meant to post something that was inflammatory and it worked. Based on TGM's response she/he had already applied for a refund and knew very well where to find the info to request it, so the "question" wasn't a question at all. :scratchin

In defense of the OP, there was a 90 minute difference between her post and TGM's post. It's not clear exactly when the refund was made. In that amount of time she could have emailed him and he could have refunded her money.

robinb, in that case, I would have thought the OP would be on here giving great comments about the immediate refund as well as an apology. I don't know many internet businesses with that kind of turnaround.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter