I am NOT a control freak!! 6/24-7/1 CSR, DDP +allergy eating! Updated 8/24

6/26/09 - Epcot
So we were up early and on the bus to Epcot. We were able to get on, but had to stand. Stop #4 had completely filled the bus and the people at Stop #1 (the last stop) were ANGRY that there was no room. I guess it was the first bus in 1/2 hour and it was full. The bus driver got off the bus and ran to talk to someone. And we were off to Epcot. We headed right for Soarin to get Fast Passes. By the time we got there (9:30 if I had to guess), the wait was already 40 minutes. We got a return time of 11:45 I think. Livin with the Land was a walk on, so we rode that. Then we went to the Seas to see Nemo and Friends. Jeremy was nervous over it being dark, but we enjoyed it. Then Turtle Talk with Crush was starting up immediately as we exited Nemo. That was so cool. Then we took some time at the Bruce shark exhibit and checked out the aquarium tank. We stopped for a snack and were getting ready to go and realized that it was POURING outside. We went back to check out the tank some more! After it let up, we went to ride Journey into Your Imagination. We tried to see Honey I shrunk the Audience, but it was full and we didn't want to wait 1/2 hour! So, we headed over to the land and saw Circle Of Life - meh...it was ok. Sunshine Seasons for lunch. My older son couldn't decide whether he wanted noodles or a sandwich. So, we got both and split them! I approached the sandwich counter about getting a kid's sandwich plate with safe bread. I got a chef who offered the standard Ener-g rolls. He did heat them up so they were a little softer. They did have chocolate soy milk right there, that made Jeremy's day! I got to the table and realized that he didn't make fresh plate and there was cheese with the ham and salami. We're close to outgrowing the milk allergy, so I just picked it off and crossed my fingers. He did fine, but I was underwhelmed with the experience. The ham/salami sandwich and the noodles and stir fry we got was very good. I got the strawberry shortcake for dessert. Yummy! Hubby got the chocolate cake and it was VERY good.

After lunch we decided to use our Soarin fastpasses. We get into line and after about 10 minutes, my little one announces that he has to go to the bathroom! My husband takes him and leaves Nathan and I in line. We ride without them. What a cool ride! Now I understand the comment people have made about being able to see the feet. It does hamper with the illusion a bit. So, we get out and wait for Daddy and Jeremy. Jeremy did great! At this point we decided to head back to the hotel for some pool time. I ran to get fastpasses to Test Track, but they were all out. So, I grabbed fast passes to Mission Space instead. Then it was back to CSR. This was our first trip to the Dig site. It was around 3:00 and the pool was crowded, but the boys loved it! Adam lagged behind a little bit and walked over to the chair I was putting our stuff on. "Michael Jackson died." Talk about remembering where you were when you heard sad news! I'll probably always remember the pool at Coronado Springs as the place I heard Michael Jackson died! Nathan didn't want to go down the water slide, which surprised me. Adam did though! We swam for a little while and then needed to get ready to head back to Epcot for dinner with Chip and Dale!

The boys were SOOOO excited. The characters they wanted to see the most were Chip and Dale. We had to wait about 15 minutes, but we got seated. Jeremy started freaking out about Mickey. He does NOT like Mickey. Chip and Dale came around and signed their autograph books. The chef came out and told us that the turkey would be safe for Jeremy. So he made a plate with turkey and french fries. So, Nathan got a kids' platter all to himself. Hubby and I shared an adult one. The catfish was good, the turkey and stuffing were awesome. That's what we asked for more of! When dessert came around, Jeremy was offered an Itzakadoozie pop. The waitress also brought out the standard worms in dirt or my non allergy son, but also brought an Itzakadoozie and gave him the choice. He chose the popsicle. (it was bigger!) Hubby and I shared the warm blueberry cobbler with fresh whipped cream. At one point When Dale came around, Adam said to Dale, "Dale. I have a question for you. You're friends with Mickey right?" Dale nodded. "Well, Jeremy here is scared of Mickey. But, we've told him that Mickey is nice. Is Mickey as nice as Chip is?" Dale motioned for a piece of paper. We handed him a Sharpie and he took the kids menu and wrote "Mickey is nicer!" Jeremy STILL holds that menu up and says, "Dale says Mickey is nice!" Mickey happened to be at the table next to us and Dale tapped him on the shoulder to bring him over to meet Jeremy. After that we were able to get a photo with Mickey!
1001661w.jpg

With Chip:
1001657z.jpg

After dinner, we went to use the Mission Space fast passes, but it was a walkon, so we didn't need to. I saved them for scrapbooking. Nathan rode with Adam and then again with me. Green side, thank you very much! Jeremy was too small. By then it was 8:59 and Test Track was about to close. But we were able to run on and get a ride! No line! Jeremy LOVED it!! By the end of the ride he was cheering and pumping his arms in the air!! I'll remind you that he's _3_! After that we decided to take the monorail to the TTC. Then we took the ferry to the MK. We were crossing the lake JUST as Wishes was finishing. What a great ride! We were finally able to go ride "Jeremy's rollercoaster" and he loved it. Then we rode Buzz Lightyear SpaceRange Spin, AGAIN.

Next up, MK again!

I know someone like you with a DS that is highly alergic. So alergic, she isn't allowed on airplanes. Like you, she ALWAYS has to cook. They've figured out the few places that she can eat, but it's such a short list that they rarely eat at them. Point is that I totally understand you being so teary when it hit you about the ice cream cone! And the sudden feeling that YOU were REALLY on vacation! I LOVE that.

When my DS was 6, Buzz was one of his favs too. It brings up good memories to hear how you keep riding it. This last trip, DS wasn't too interested in Buzz. They change so fast.

Joanne
Just checkin' in, glad to read an update! We ate at the Garden Grill also and loved the catfish & turkey! Actually, we loved EVERYTHING! :laughing: Soarin', its wonderful. I'm impressed with Nathan loving Mission Space. I am too chicken to try it!:scared1:
Loved how your hubby got Jeremy to "like" Mickey. BTW, my son was the right age when Toy Story came out, so Buzz and Woody will always hold a special place in my heart. :love: Look forward to your next day.

I am loving your trip report. My DD5 is allergic to eggs. I think disney makes it so stress free to eat out. It helps that she doesn't have to hear everyday, "sorry you can't have that".

What did you do about snacks? Are there ingredient lists at the food carts?

I am loving your trip report. My DD5 is allergic to eggs. I think disney makes it so stress free to eat out. It helps that she doesn't have to hear everyday, "sorry you can't have that".

What did you do about snacks? Are there ingredient lists at the food carts?

I would LIVE at Disney if I could! Not having to cook for a week was fabulous!

Ahhhhh...you picked up on the snack thing! We did a bad job of using our snacks. You'll see on the last full day of the trip report that we ran around trying to use _15_ snack credits! The snacks Jeremy ate on this trip consisted of:

Frozen lemonade (I didn't check the label, but I seem to remember that the email said it was safe. We had no troubles)
Divvies cookies (milk, egg, peanut and tree nut free)
Divvies caramel corn (the bag JUST missed being a snack credit by $.01, but I paid out of pocket because he's never had caramel corn before!)
Candy from Goofy's candy company (Pez dispenser, cotton candy and a lollipop) - all had labels
Lay's Potato chips
Chip and Dale pretzels - may have had a shared facility with peanut warning, but I don't remember - we allow shared facility stuff

And I will admit I did bring stuff from home for him. I carried a small bag with cereal bars, starbursts, oreos and stuff like that. I _can't_ be somewhere, even Disney, without knowing I have food that's safe for him with me. It's a parent of a child with food allergies thing I guess! :rotfl:

Congratulations on a great trip.

I have a little boy, almost 4, who is allergic to milk, eggs, and peanuts. Our vacations have been very limited, because they usually just feel like so much work. Like you, we rent a house and I cook all week. And it's harder than normal cooking since I'm doing it out of a strange kitchen. We are looking into going on our first WDW trip next spring and I can't wait. My little boy is also a bit of a scaredy cat.

I almost cried at the picture of Jeremy eating his ice cream cone!

No, I haven't abandoned this trip report! We're just planning a kitchen remodel. Uba tuba or Black uba tuba for the countertops? Anyone have an opinion?

Next installment coming momentarily!

6/27/09 - MK Part II
I had planned two days in the Magic Kingdom following the Two Day Touring Plan for Holidays since the crowd numbers were high. Today I had 8:05 reservations at Crystal Palace. We got on a bus around 7:15 or so and headed to the front gate. There was a line for Character Dining and we waited a few minutes. At around 7:45 or so we were let in. We took some pictures in front of the castle and there were Photopass photographers there. Here's some proof:

377769141805.jpg

We headed over to Crystal Palace and waited for bit outside. Breakfast was great. Jeremy did great with the characters. The Chef came out and walked the buffet with me. He told me he knew we were coming, so he made special pancake batter up that was safe for Jeremy. He was ok with me taking fruit, bacon and sausage off the buffet line. I asked for waffles too and he said ok. After a little bit he came out with pancakes and Van's waffles. The character interaction was great and Jeremy got up and took part in one of the parades and even had his picture taken with everyone.

865733710805.jpg

We were done with breakfast by 9:10 or so. We're slow eaters! After breakfast we headed to Adventureland. We rode Aladdin's Magic Carpets and then got FastPasses to Jungle Cruise. We headed to Pirates and there was only a 20 minute wait, so we hopped in line. Jeremy was unimpressed, it was dark. I heard whimpering, but he did fine. After that we checked out Tom Sawyer's Island for a bit. The barrell bridge was neat! It was already getting really hot. We rode Jungle Cruise and we had a brief rain shower during the cruise. But, by the time we got to the end it stopped. This will become a theme. Around 10:30-11:00 each day it seemed to downpour! We decided to get a frozen lemonade for a snack. Yes, careful readers will realize this is our FIRST use of a snack credit. We actually only got 2 and shared them because they are BIG! We stopped at the Main St. Bakery for snacks. We got some Divvies cookies (milk, egg and nut free!) and a bag of Divvies Caramel Corn. At $4.00, it JUST missed being a snack credit, but I paid out of pocket because Jeremy had never had caramel corn before. We also got a chocolate chocolate chip muffin and cinnamon bun for a snack. Breakfast was big, so we weren't hungry for lunch. We snacked back at the room before heading to the pool. Today EVERYONE decided to try the water slides. I put one of the loaner life jackets on Jeremy and went to the top of the slide with him. Boy it's nerve wracking sending your baby down that slide! My husband waited at the bottom for him and caught him. He LOVED it. Thus began MULTIPLE trips down the waterslide. My husband and I traded off going with him. Finally, it stared to cloud over and we started to gather up our stuff to head back to the room. My son had lost his swimming goggles and I was walking along the edge of the pool looking for them. Well, being the klutz that I am, I walked right off the first step and fell onto the steps of the pool. The lifeguard looked like he was ready to leap to my assistance, but I fumbled my way up and wave to show that I was ok. I landed on my left side on my arm. I was sore but ok and embarrassed. I also scraped up my leg pretty good! Considering how bad it could have been, I was thankful to just have some scrapes!

We got back to the room and got cleaned up. I had planned on heading to Downtown Disney for dinner and then Disney Quest. So we hopped on a bus and headed to Wolfgang Puck Express for dinner. I asked to speak to a chef and they were a little hesitant, but I stepped aside and they called someone. The only thing safe for Jeremy was the rosemary chicken. I asked for french fries with it. No problem getting that with his child meal credit. I got the blue cheese beef pocket thingy and was a little disappointed. Not much meat in there. But Jeremy got a 1/2 chicken! And it was spectacular - tender, moist, delicious. My husband got the Chicken Torilla Melt. It was FANTASTIC! It came with a green salad with this awesome vinaigrette dressing. I was envious! We headed to World of Disney and it was just TOO crowded for me. We stopped to look at the Lego sculptures and then made the long walk to Disney Quest. We walked in and my older son said, "Oh good, we're finally going to do something fun!" I guess walking and shopping is NOT his thing! We only went to Disney Quest because we had the Water Park and more option. I don't think I'd pay $37 for admission for it. But, my older son LOVED it. He loves video games and to not have to feed quarters in is a wonderful thing. They even had a section with games for the little guys. I spent some time there with Jeremy. Finally, someone mentioned the Pirates of the Caribbean game on the bottom floor. We went down and stood in line. What a BLAST. You wear 3-d goggles and enter a room that has a mock up of the front of a ship. There's a big steering wheel and 3 cannons on each side. One person steers the ship and the others fire the cannons at ships on the screens that surround you. The floor of the ship tilts too. It was a TON of fun. The line was long, but it was worth it!

It was getting late, so we headed to the bus stop and back to the room. Next up...Animal Kingdom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter