I am going to have a good MR vacation no matter what!

justcrusin

Earning My Ears
I see so many people being discouraged by the negative reviews lately. I value everyone's opinion but it's a known fact that if you have a bad experience you'll tell an average of 7 people, if you have a good experience you'll tell 1. Don't get me wrong if you have a bad experience you should share it, especially with the company you've had a bad experience with.

This forum is a a great place to share experiences, suggestions and tips. So here is my 2 cents..I'm going to have a great vacation no matter what. A terrible day on a cruise is far better than my very best day at work.

Make the best of whatever situation comes your way. At the end of the day spending time with your family and making memories is all that really matters.

Justin

I agree with you. We are sailing in a little over a week, and are going to have a good time because we are on vacation!!!

I see so many people being discouraged by the negative reviews lately. I value everyone's opinion but it's a known fact that if you have a bad experience you'll tell an average of 7 people, if you have a good experience you'll tell 1. Don't get me wrong if you have a bad experience you should share it, especially with the company you've had a bad experience with.

This forum is a a great place to share experiences, suggestions and tips. So here is my 2 cents..I'm going to have a great vacation no matter what. A terrible day on a cruise is far better than my very best day at work.

Make the best of whatever situation comes your way. At the end of the day spending time with your family and making memories is all that really matters.

Justin

:cheer2::cheer2: Us Too

:beach: 2/13 MR here we come !!! party:

FWIW we had a great time and refused to let the few issues we had get us down. I'm really tired of all these MR reviews, some of which contain outright lies, and the people that are buying them hook line and sinker just because they are negative.

We are going on the MR cruise over Easter break and are really looking forward to it. I know that a lot of people are down but I'm just looking forward to being on the ship and getting some r and r.

I don't have to cook or clean for 7 days so I'm ready to go now!!! (if I could)

2/27 couldn't come any faster!!! :banana:

I'm pretty confident that by the time our cruise rolls around (Sept), DCL will have ironed out most of the rough spots they may be currently encountering. However, even if not everything gets addressed, we will still have fun. Our last non-DCL cruise was on a Royal Caribean ship out of Los Angrles, and it was dirty, noisy (it was a weekend "booze cruise"), and the service seemed lacking...but we had a good time anyway.

I am really tired of reading all the negative. But I just keep telling myself, people tend to remember and talk about the negative a whole lot more than the positive.

11 days. Too excited to sleep already! :)

I agree, but then again, if I do have a problem, I intend to say something at the time, Disney usually does whatever it can to accomodate you.

I figure why complain when it's too late to get it fixed? On our two day cruise, our servers made it clear that if we had a problem that we should let the appropriate person know right away.

good for you! :thumbsup2

( sure wish you guys were on our upcoming cruise-alaska) :flower3:

on a side note, :yay:, hi! justm.! since our p.c. cruise,
we became blt members. we spent 2 weeks over christmas on
the 11th floor!

here's the baby,

christmas10092.jpg

* pay no attention to the date, old camera. [ they were down in the lobby
so i had to grabbed any camera i could find].

my wife found these neat "field mouse wearing mickey's outfit", were
great attention~getters. oh, last year dvc cruise, my wife/girl left
the ducky show & they had these little girl picked the numbers. we
won 4, boy! did i get dirty looks. needless to say, i played
the crowd. :laughing: [ 2 princess ones...wonder who ended up
with them?

here' a off our balcony,

christmas10103.jpg

i can't tell you how wonderful & how lucky i felt, meeting you. you are
a special person. [ i remember how tough, with your friend having
a terrible loss ]. hope we are on some future together, or maybe
@ wdw, so we could take you up to the towl?

ps..that photo is with our old/outdated camera. oh, she still has her
red-hair. [ she donated 4x to the locks of love program.] & she almost
as tall as her daddy...all the boys on the bus are always trying to impress
me....but i got news for them..she nothin but a daddy's girl, :hug:
* she came down to the lobby in her pj, because we wasn't prepare
for the character there.

best wishes! :wizard:

Wow, all of these negative reviews are really "interesting." I was just over on cruise critic and there was a trip report from someone who's not as into Disney as many of us. It was a very favorable review of the 1/23 sailing. She listed goods and bads, but not in an inflammatory way and nor was she overly gushing. It seemed very honest and straightforward. In the thread, someone told her that she was wrong and that the cruise was horrible and the service was mediocre at best. What's up with that?! :confused3

I'm just curious why there are so many of these posts saying that the Wonder just is horrible and that we must be drinking Disney kool-aid if we like it. It's almost like they're trying to purposely talk people out of their Disney cruise.

I do think that many people read these boards and either get their expectations out of proportion for both the positive and negative experiences. Heck, when I sailed on the wonder 6 years ago, I was kinda expecting to see a tired ship based on some of the things I read here.

I will say one thing, my brother works for Disney in Imagineering. He loves it there. One of the things he loves is the fact that the desire to make a great experience for their guests is genuine and does come from the top. He is genuinely excited to tell me of new plans when they're in the works. So, that is why I do like Disney as a company and do feel that for the most part, they do still have some heart in the right place. I'm not so naive to forget that their primary purpose is to make money, and that there are some lame people at the top who can make some really stupid decisions. But really, you will find those lame people everywhere.....even at Disney!

Well, I just kinda rambled, but these overwhelmingly negative reviews are just rubbing me the wrong way.

Justin

I AGREE!!!!:cool1::yay:

Yay, me too! Great attitude! Good friends, good family time, on a Disney ship. And the food is bound to be better than the mac n cheese I'm planning for dinner tonight:rotfl:

Justin

If I don't have to be at work, wear hat or mittens and cook for myself it'll be a good vacation. 3 more days!!!!

Justin

I think you may be on to something. We cruised on the 1/30 Dream. We had a great time and when I got back, I posted a favorable review and hardly any comments were made. However, if you put a negative review, there are many many posts to follow. I think it shows, that more people tend to read the negative comments versus the positive ones.

We loved our cruise and can't wait to do a B2b in October. I just know you will have a good time.

I wouldn't let the negative reviews get you down. We were just on the 1/30 sailing and had a great time. There were a few negative things, but for the most part everything went smoothly and I did not notice any real differences in service from our 4 nighter the year before.

There were lines, but not any that were much different than the 4 nighter. The only really crazy line was for the princesses and that one was so long and took way too much time. The event started at 12:30 and we got in line at noon and were already by the back door of Tritons. My girls decided it wasn't that important and we went to eat lunch at Parrot Cay. When we finished lunch the people who had been near us in line weren't even to the princesses yet. The only other problem we had was getting room service to answer the phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter