• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I am going crazy - yes, this is a whine!

mvazul

DIS Veteran
I had a hysterectomy on December 21st. I am not allowed to drive at this point. (Hopefully I will be cleared to drive on the 7th.) So, I am completely dependent on my husband. I have been asking since Saturday for him to take me to Target. Our closest one is about 45-50 miles away. He hates traveling. My mother and sister both bought our daughter shoes for Christmas. Both pair are way too big. We have a wedding to go to on Saturday and she needs the pair my mom bought her to go with her dress. My mother is going to pick up another pair on her way home today and just take the others back later.

My mom gave me a robe and my husband gave me new pajamas. Neither fit. Also, my husband gave me a beautiful watch. The battery is dead. I was hoping to wear it to the wedding on Saturday. So, we were planning to go to Target and a jeweler today, because my husband didn't have a ton of work. However, before going to bed last night, he told me we were expecting a big snow storm. He said he wasn't going anywhere if it was snowing.

We woke up this morning to everything completely covered. My heart dropped. I really, really need to get out of this house. My husband just doesn't completely understand. I say I want to get out and he says, "Well, there's the door. Go for a walk." He's trying to be funny. It's not working. He truly has been a huge help since my surgery, but he just doesn't "get" it. I feel like I could just cry at the drop of a hat. I know getting out would help my mood.

My mom lives 2 1/2 hours south of us. My sister and father live 3 hours north. So, I can't ask any of them to take me. It's my cousin's wedding on Saturday, so my grandmother, all aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. are wrapped up in that and I don't want to bother them. I'm tempted to just drive myself. I know I can't - and won't - but I'm tempted.

Okay - whine over.

Thanks for reading.
Michelle :flower3:

If you lived closer, I'd come pick you up (I know what it's like to be stuck in the house for weeks at a time).

I can totally understand. I had a c-section on a Saturday, came home Tuesday morning. I was THRILLED to pieces to get out of the house that Friday to take DS to his 1 week checkup. We went to Target, the mall and somewhere else. I have never been so stir crazy my entire life. It was horrible. I can only imagine how you feel and you don't even have a little baby to keep you occupied. Whine away!

:hug:

If you lived closer, I'd come pick you up (I know what it's like to be stuck in the house for weeks at a time).

Aaaawwww...thank you! :hug:

I can totally understand. I had a c-section on a Saturday, came home Tuesday morning. I was THRILLED to pieces to get out of the house that Friday to take DS to his 1 week checkup. We went to Target, the mall and somewhere else. I have never been so stir crazy my entire life. It was horrible. I can only imagine how you feel and you don't even have a little baby to keep you occupied. Whine away!

Thank you for understanding. I had 2 c-sections (15 years and almost 8 years ago). I definitely don't remember needing to get out this bad when I had a baby to keep me busy. We are supposed to go to my aunt and uncle's tonight for a family New Year's party. I'm hoping that will help. ;)

They said I couldn't drive 2 weeks after my c-section and I never understood that. I felt fine well before 2 weeks were up. If you think you'll be ok, drive somewhere locally. An hour one-way might be pushing it, but something close should be ok. ;)

They said I couldn't drive 2 weeks after my c-section and I never understood that. I felt fine well before 2 weeks were up. If you think you'll be ok, drive somewhere locally. An hour one-way might be pushing it, but something close should be ok. ;)

I have thought about that. However, I am taking oxycodone and it makes me extremely dizzy. I probably shouldn't even be pushing it. My husband is probably doing the right thing by keeping me home (I really hate it when he's right - and I won't admit it!! :lmao:). I am supposed to be resting, not walking all over Target! ;) But, I want to get these things exchanged and get a battery for my watch. Plus, I really wanted to go to the Olive Garden and get a bowl of their chicken gnocchi soup! ;)

Can you call a girlfriend up who has four-wheel drive?

agnes!

I had a hysterectomy on December 21st. I am not allowed to drive at this point. (Hopefully I will be cleared to drive on the 7th.) So, I am completely dependent on my husband. I have been asking since Saturday for him to take me to Target. Our closest one is about 45-50 miles away. He hates traveling. My mother and sister both bought our daughter shoes for Christmas. Both pair are way too big. We have a wedding to go to on Saturday and she needs the pair my mom bought her to go with her dress. My mother is going to pick up another pair on her way home today and just take the others back later.

My mom gave me a robe and my husband gave me new pajamas. Neither fit. Also, my husband gave me a beautiful watch. The battery is dead. I was hoping to wear it to the wedding on Saturday. So, we were planning to go to Target and a jeweler today, because my husband didn't have a ton of work. However, before going to bed last night, he told me we were expecting a big snow storm. He said he wasn't going anywhere if it was snowing.

We woke up this morning to everything completely covered. My heart dropped. I really, really need to get out of this house. My husband just doesn't completely understand. I say I want to get out and he says, "Well, there's the door. Go for a walk." He's trying to be funny. It's not working. He truly has been a huge help since my surgery, but he just doesn't "get" it. I feel like I could just cry at the drop of a hat. I know getting out would help my mood.

My mom lives 2 1/2 hours south of us. My sister and father live 3 hours north. So, I can't ask any of them to take me. It's my cousin's wedding on Saturday, so my grandmother, all aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. are wrapped up in that and I don't want to bother them. I'm tempted to just drive myself. I know I can't - and won't - but I'm tempted.

Okay - whine over.

Thanks for reading.
Michelle :flower3:

I remember feeling like this with my hysterectomy. I wasn't allowed to drive for 8 weeks.
Go outside & get a bit of fresh air, take a little walk....It will really help.

Feel better!

OK, I gotta tell you that if I wanted to go to Target and my husband knew I was dependent on him for a ride and he gave me that kind of attitude I'd be calling a cab to drive me the 45 miles.

OK, I gotta tell you that if I wanted to go to Target and my husband knew I was dependent on him for a ride and he gave me that kind of attitude I'd be calling a cab to drive me the 45 miles.

Or a limousine service :teeth:.

agnes!

Awww, so sorry. I hate to say it but your DH probably is right, what would happen if you slipped in the snow/ice and ripped up your stitches, yikes to that.

I remember being on bed rest when pregnant for my DD and it just didn't work out with my personality so I totally feel for you. Until you are feeling better what about a Netflix membership, I think 1 movie a month plan buys unlimited on-line viewing for your computer and the easy access to entertainment such as ALL of the older CSI's and THE OFFICE episodes. I will be having Thyroid surgery Monday and have every intention of using my Netflix membership to keep myself from going stir crazy for the 3 weeks I am supposed to not be driving, or lifting or doing anything else I'd like to do. I wonder, could you just mail the stuff back to Target for an exchange? It might be faster than waiting for your DH to think you're up to it... and less frustrating. Feel better:flower3:

I have thought about that. However, I am taking oxycodone ...I am supposed to be resting, not walking all over Target! ;)

I could have some really good times at Target if I was taking Oxycodone!! :lmao:

Can you call a girlfriend up who has four-wheel drive?

agnes!

I wish there was. My best friend lives in Illinois - I'm in Pennsylvania. My next best friend is one of my aunts and she had to work all day. I had one friend offer to come and get me, but she lives in the town I need to go to. I didn't want to make her drive almost 200 miles round trip just so I could go to Target.

I remember feeling like this with my hysterectomy. I wasn't allowed to drive for 8 weeks.
Go outside & get a bit of fresh air, take a little walk....It will really help.

Feel better!

We're going to one of my aunt's houses tonight. I'm hoping that helps.

I wish I could. There are absolutely no taxi services - or any public transportation, for that matter- in our area. We are pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

Or a limousine service :teeth:.

agnes!

The limousine sounds nice. :thumbsup2

Awww, so sorry. I hate to say it but your DH probably is right, what would happen if you slipped in the snow/ice and ripped up your stitches, yikes to that.

I remember being on bed rest when pregnant for my DD and it just didn't work out with my personality so I totally feel for you. Until you are feeling better what about a Netflix membership, I think 1 movie a month plan buys unlimited on-line viewing for your computer and the easy access to entertainment such as ALL of the older CSI's and THE OFFICE episodes. I will be having Thyroid surgery Monday and have every intention of using my Netflix membership to keep myself from going stir crazy for the 3 weeks I am supposed to not be driving, or lifting or doing anything else I'd like to do. I wonder, could you just mail the stuff back to Target for an exchange? It might be faster than waiting for your DH to think you're up to it... and less frustrating. Feel better:flower3:

Yes, he probably is right. And don't you dare tell him I said that! ;) I do have Netflix. I don't care for CSI or the Office, but I'm sure I could find something on there. The whole point is I just want to get out. My mom is exchanging the one pair of shoes my daughter needs this weekend. So that is taken care of.

I could have some really good times at Target if I was taking Oxycodone!! :lmao:

:lmao: Yeah, well, things might get interesting at the cousin's wedding this weekend. There are alot of hard feelings all the way around with alot of family members, because the bride has pretty much cut alot of our side out of things. I just may end up saying something and then blame it on the meds!! :lmao:

Thanks, everyone! :flower3:

I have been in those same hysterectomy shoes and I totally get feeling cooped up and dependant on everyone! Not driving is so frustrating...and even though I was in no way ready to drive, not being able to go somewhere on my own made me insane. Even though you know your husband is right, those walls just close in on you until just leaving the house sounds like paradise. Have fun at your aunt's tonight, it will be fun because you get to be around other people!!!!!!

I had my hysterectomy two years ago and I so understand!

And as far as "crying at the drop of a hat", I remember one day trying to tie the drawstring of my sweatpants and I couldn't make the bow come out even so I sat down on the bathroom floor and had a crying fit! Yeah, I can understand where you're coming from for sure! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter