I am getting real tired of this!!

All of this IMO has to do with the rapid rate of construction, and then infrastructure of reservations and customer service not keeping pace.....The DVC of today is not nearly as friendly and accommodating of the DVC of 15 years ago...not even close....yet the prics are astronomical compared to then????

The DVC of 15 years ago didn't have online reservations, nor did the DVC of 5 years ago. I've been a member for 15 years and can't say I see a difference in customer service. It's nice to have the online option rather than calling.

I'm with you Sammie, no issues with booking, cancelling, modifying, I do it all on-line. I make changes like names, requests etc by e-mailing MS, they confirm and take care of it within 2-3 days. Haven't called MS in years! Even booking restaurants, sometimes I re-try 3 or 4 times and it ends up working!

I'm with you Sammie, no issues with booking, cancelling, modifying, I do it all on-line. I make changes like names, requests etc by e-mailing MS, they confirm and take care of it within 2-3 days. Haven't called MS in years! Even booking restaurants, sometimes I re-try 3 or 4 times and it ends up working!

As I said, everything I've done on-line has never caused me issues (resort reservations, cancellations, my points overview). Just the slowness. But not all the time. Mostly with on-line dining or the initial log-in for the DVC site. Some issues might be because my computer is probably 8 years old, but I did see some improvement when I switched to google chrome.

The DVC of 15 years ago didn't have online reservations, nor did the DVC of 5 years ago. I've been a member for 15 years and can't say I see a difference in customer service. It's nice to have the online option rather than calling.

I do still like to call, especially when I have something complicated (like merging two reservations with two different membership numbers). Actually, you HAVE to call when doing something like that.

I was actually surprised that no warning was given about them fooling with the website....they will usually put something at the top of the member page. Maybe it wasn't supposed to go "live" and someone goofed. Whatever the case, things seem back to normal now.

As I said, everything I've done on-line has never caused me issues (resort reservations, cancellations, my points overview). Just the slowness. But not all the time. Mostly with on-line dining or the initial log-in for the DVC site. Some issues might be because my computer is probably 8 years old, but I did see some improvement when I switched to google chrome.

I do still like to call, especially when I have something complicated (like merging two reservations with two different membership numbers). Actually, you HAVE to call when doing something like that.

I was actually surprised that no warning was given about them fooling with the website....they will usually put something at the top of the member page. Maybe it wasn't supposed to go "live" and someone goofed. Whatever the case, things seem back to normal now.

How fast is your internet connection, what do you use to access the web, and your operating system.

How fast is your internet connection, what do you use to access the web, and your operating system.

If the others are like me the only website with consistent ongoing issues is DVC. I have no trouble with anything else.

Actually, I should say - Disney websites.

Not as fast as I want it to be....but the fastest available in my area (CenturyLink, rural area). I mostly use my Dell desktop with windows vista (yeah, I know).

With the DVC website, my issue is how long it takes to sign in. With the WDW site, the main issue is the dining reservations section. Slow. Fast pass selections are quick and easy.

But....it's not the end of the world. I still remember dial-up and how long it would take to boot up your computer. First World Problems.:surfweb:

It appears the website is not working properly tonight. The page comes up but all the menu buttons at the top of the page are missing.

Not as fast as I want it to be....but the fastest available in my area (CenturyLink, rural area). I mostly use my Dell desktop with windows vista (yeah, I know).

With the DVC website, my issue is how long it takes to sign in. With the WDW site, the main issue is the dining reservations section. Slow. Fast pass selections are quick and easy.

But....it's not the end of the world. I still remember dial-up and how long it would take to boot up your computer. First World Problems.:surfweb:

Thanks for sharing because honestly many of your problems will be on your end. Slow connection speed, older operating system. I am running a very fast connection in a metro area, using Windows 8 and google chrome.

I have the same issues you do. In my case I have a fast laptop running Windows 8. I have a pretty fast Internet connection as well (58 Mbps up and down according to speedtest.net). Lately it has been taking 90 seconds after I click the Sign In button before the home page even starts to come up. Today (on Firefox) I got through the login process in about 20 seconds and the page started to load but wouldn't come up completely. I got the headline for each article on the home page but none of the content. After about 5 minutes the home page did finally load. Usually, after the 90 second delay logging in, the page comes up in about 20-30 seconds so I think there is something going on today that is causing severe delays.

I then tried the same test on Chrome. It took 90 seconds for anything to happen after I clicked the "sign in" button but the page came up fairly quickly after that. I just tried it again to verify my timing data and got a 500 error so there is a server issue going on today.

It is not us it is them, yesterday they backed out of their new version due to many errors and went back to the current. Why they are still having issues is beyond me. I just tried to get in and like LisaS I got the 500 error...smjj

Well, for a couple of days now it seemed to work ok. Now I am once again having problems signing in. It has taken me over a minute waiting now and as I write this I am still waiting. I know it has been slow in the past and during peak times but come on now, this is just too much....smjj

Disney and poor websites is not new. Every time they've done, or tried to do, an upgrade it's had issues.

Read the article, this is not about the website but the website is one of the issues brought about due to problems with the H1-B problem and Disney outsourcing using the H1-B program and in my opinion abusing its intended purpose. As to the website, yes it has in the past been slow but over the last several months the website has been very slow to hard to get in to at times much more than in the past....smjj

Read the article, this is not about the website but the website is one of the issues brought about due to problems with the H1-B problem and Disney outsourcing using the H1-B program and in my opinion abusing its intended purpose. As to the website, yes it has in the past been slow but over the last several months the website has been very slow to hard to get in to at times much more than in the past....smjj

I did read about this several months ago and read this article yesterday too and am aware of what is going on. To say that issues haven't occurred in the past and been very troublesome also would be incorrect though. And - not everyone was let go. We have no idea if the people who deal with the DVC website are different now, but even not knowing that one can not say that things have always operated well up until a couple months ago. Perhaps this employee change is contributing to problems but honestly, Disney has not had top notch non-fail systems in the past. It's also not even the first time that they've done upgrades at DVC busy booking times.

Member service website is down again.

The graphic comes up but none of the navigation tools are available. :(

So annoying, I can get to the DVC homepage but when i click sign in, the next page has no sign in link. Ugh, I'm about to book Bonnet Creek instead.

We've been having issues for about a week. Today was the worst it's been. After MANY attempts to make a reservation that we needed to borrow points for, there was a flash and our points were gone. Since MS was closed, DH "chatted" with a CM and they magically reappeared into our account. I believe we finally completed a reservation.

It's definitely not my Internet connection (127mbps down, 24mbps up) or my MacBook Pro--I don't have any trouble on any other sites.

I just hope they fix this SOON! I have other trips to book but I refuse to spend more time trying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter