I am getting married !

toto2

DIS Veteran
Yesterday was my boyfriends birthday and he organised a sushi party , and at dessert, he served us a fortune cookie. Everybodies cookie read" You will witness a proposition" , and mine read "You will receive a proposition". By the time I read it , he was on one knee with a little black box in his hand ! I then understood what was happening. Everybody around the table were really surprised too ! It was amazing and I could only say yes ! After 8 years together , he decided to make an honest guy of me !

I felt really lucky ( I still feel it) to live in a country that alowes me to live this incredible event and I am very happy to share this with all the people I spend a lot of time discussing with on the DIS. Even with Joepcotrock !

:cool1:

Congratulations!!!!!

BTW, I clicked on your link and it says not found, but there is a forwarding click.

mickeyfan1 said:
Congratulations!!!!!

BTW, I clicked on your link and it says not found, but there is a forwarding click.

Thank you ! I changed my link and you now should be able to visit tht website for my fondation ! Thank you !

congratulations!

i can only hope that by the time i'm ready for marriage, america will have gotten with the times.

are you still on cloud 9?! :cloud9:

Not really ! :)

But he is very imaginative when it come to organizing surprise parties and stuff like that.

The engagement ring he got me is beautifull: it is stainless steel with half of it shinny and the other half frosted ( I hope the frosted part does not represent me !)

Congratulations and Best Wishes for a happy long life together! He sounds like a hopeless romantic...what a keeper!

Toto! That is wonderful!!! Congratulations! I took the step a couple years ago and was very happy with the entire thing. It realy made me proud to be able to take the big step!

You will have to keep us posted on all your plans! Any idea of a date? (and by date I mean month, season, or year??)

Congratualtion!

it will mostly be at the end of august or labor day weekend. it will be a backyard wedding. Our backyard , of course, and the invitation will say: dont forget your bathing suit !

I plan on cooking a whole pork and do some of the cooking myself , and I am preparing a surprse for Sylvain , my man: with some singer friends of ours , I will sing some exerpt of RENT , since it is one of our favorite musical and has a special place in our heart since we run an AIDS foundation toghether.

But all this took place yesterday and we did not have time to plan to much yet !

Oh , and my sister who is a lawyer might be our celebrant !

Thats Awesome! congradulations and enjoy this special time. Remember you are living what some of us can only dream at this point! :goodvibes

Congratulations. You are very fortunate to live in a country that allows you to marry and to have found what sounds like a wonderful person to marry. I can't wait for the day that my partner of 19 years and I can finally make it legal.

toto2 said:
it will mostly be at the end of august or labor day weekend. it will be a backyard wedding. Our backyard , of course, and the invitation will say: dont forget your bathing suit !

I plan on cooking a whole pork and do some of the cooking myself , and I am preparing a surprse for Sylvain , my man: with some singer friends of ours , I will sing some exerpt of RENT , since it is one of our favorite musical and has a special place in our heart since we run an AIDS foundation toghether.

But all this took place yesterday and we did not have time to plan to much yet !

Oh , and my sister who is a lawyer might be our celebrant !

I love Rent, saw it on Broadway, on which is was very LOUD!!! And if you need a last miniute celebrant - I AM a religious professional!

Very cool!
Brava! Mazel tov! Kudos! Congrats!

Toto, that sounds like some great plans! And that also means the wedding is comming up soon! I'm sure the time will fly right by.

It is wonderful that your sister might be able to officiate! That would be a great family connection. The man we had was great, but I must say, if I knew about Viki back then she would have been making a trip up to Montreal. :)

Thank you ! Are plans are evolving and the date is set for august 26th. My sister told us that now , in Québec , anyone can be a celebrant,( there are guides lines too complicated to express here) so we changed that part of the plan so that it would be someone significant for both Sylvain and I, someone who had an history with both of us, and our choice came down to ...our massage therapist !

To make a long story short , this guy became a friend of ours, and he is a very spiritual person ( and a party animal). I dont want a religious wedding since I dont belong to any religion and I am not religious, but I like to think of my self as a spiritual person , so I want this aspect of marriage to be present. I will post more as we go along !!!!!

True North said:
Toto, that sounds like some great plans! And that also means the wedding is comming up soon! I'm sure the time will fly right by.

It is wonderful that your sister might be able to officiate! That would be a great family connection. The man we had was great, but I must say, if I knew about Viki back then she would have been making a trip up to Montreal. :)

Ah, shucks, I would have been proud!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter