I am done with Jet Blue. Southwest here I come!

Debbie Jean

DIS Veteran
I arrived at the airport this morning in plenty of time to make my 12:30 flight only to find it has been cancelled and they put me on one leaving at 6:50PM.

So now I get to spend the next 8 hours sitting here because they didn't have the decency to even let me know before I left the resort this morning. The call and email notifying me of the cancellation came AFTER I got to the airport and saw the flight was cancelled on the board. And yes, I have boarding pass they printed out for me this morning at the Poly. If they had let me know, I could have spent the day at Disney

I fly Newark Orlando 3 to 4 times a year and have always taken Jet Blue. The past couple of years however their service has been miserable. This is the end for me.

I flew down on Southwest and everything went without a hitch. By by Jet Blue!

I was driving up there early this morning and it was pouring rain. Your delay is probably because the flight leaving there is delayed. Sorry you were not notified but Jet Blue probably wasn't aware in enough time to get the notices out to everyone. Believe me Southwest will be the same and every other airline is more about timing than the airline.

A friend's son was traveling PIT-MDW-SLC to see his brother last weekend on Southwest, they had plans to go to the Grand Canyon. The first flight on Friday afternoon went without a hitch. When he got to Chicago, he found out his MDW-SLC evening flight was cancelled and they could not get him on a flight until Sunday, about 48 hours. He spent the night in the airport with no food (nothing open), no hotel rooms were available. He ended up flying back to Pittsburgh on Saturday morning. His luggage arrived back on Tuesday (they wanted to charge $45 for home delivery but then waived it after my friend protested). So the grass is not always greener......

I had almost the exact thing happen to me exactly this time last year. Arrived 2 hours at airport then when boarding started the agent said the pilot wasn't here and we waited with no updates. Instead of getting to Orlando at 2:00pm we got there at 8:00pm and even had to go back to Jacksonville fl to land and refuel because of a storm in mco. But where our stories are different is it was on southwest out of Baltimore. We got no notices nor any announcements in The terminal. But on a good note, we flew home Jetblue into DCA and it was on time and didn't have any issues. There is no perfect airlines, they all have problems. I generally don't like to fly SW. We flew them in May and happy we were only 1 hr late. Last October we were 5 hours late when we had to wait for a new plane to arrive because ours had issues. On the plus side I did have $700 of luv vouchers to use up this year.

I arrived at the airport this morning in plenty of time to make my 12:30 flight only to find it has been cancelled and they put me on one leaving at 6:50PM.

So now I get to spend the next 8 hours sitting here because they didn't have the decency to even let me know before I left the resort this morning. The call and email notifying me of the cancellation came AFTER I got to the airport and saw the flight was cancelled on the board. And yes, I have boarding pass they printed out for me this morning at the Poly. If they had let me know, I could have spent the day at Disney

I fly Newark Orlando 3 to 4 times a year and have always taken Jet Blue. The past couple of years however their service has been miserable. This is the end for me.

Southwest cancels & delays flights, too. I recommend following up with Jet Blue via their consumer complaints department, to get some form of restitution, & if you get nothing that way, follow up with the Department of Transportation consumer complaint center. I actually had to do this because of an incident on Southwest once, and as they dismissed the complaint I made to them directly, it was only after I contacted the consumer department of the Department of Transportation that Southwest made amends. Being politely persistent pays off.

I was then satisfied with Southwest's response, & continue to fly with them. I recommend you persue some restitution to improve your feelings about Jet Blue, so you won't lose their service as a flight option. I like both SWA and Jet Blue a lot, as they're the only airlines offering nonstops between my hometown and Orlando. I don't romanticize either, however. Like all carriers, they have delays & cancellations occasionally. SWA recently had major computer issues that caused the cancellation or delay of hundreds of flights, including ours. These things happen with every airline.

Last edited:

Southwest cancels & delays flights, too. I recommend following up with Jet Blue via their consumer complaints department, to get some form of restitution, & if you get nothing that way, follow up with the Department of Transportation customer complaint center. I actually had to do this because of an incident on Southwest once, and as they dismissed the complaint I made to them directly, it was only after I contacted the consumer department of the Department of Transportation that Southwest made amends. Being politely persiatent pays off.

I was then satisfied with Southwest's response, & continue to fly with them. I recommend you persue some restitution to improve your feelings about Jet Blue, so you won't lose their service as a flight option. I like both SWA and Jet Blue a lot, as they're the only airlines offering nonstops between my hometown and Orlando. I don't romanticize either, however. Like all carriers, they have delays & cancellations occasionally. SWA recently had a major computer issues that caused the cancellation or delay of hundreds of flights, including ours. These things happen with every airline.

Jet Blue customer service and I are on a first name basis.. that is how bad their service has been in the last two years. They'll offer me a credit so I'll book their airline again. Been there done that. They just want to make sure they get your money. By now it almost feels like a scam.

As I said I go 3 to 4 times a year but as a long time Jet Blue customer I've noticed a marked increase in problems and issues. I expect the odd delay or whatever and I am usually the very last person to complain. But it has gotten to the point where there is always something. Today is the worst. Cancelled flight. No notice. No explanation. No communication. Nothing.

Last year flying home from WDW, I checked into my flights the night before to discover that JB had taken it upon themselves to switch up my seats. This normally wouldn't bother me too much except they had separated my children and I. My son, who at the time was 3, was now seated with complete strangers 8 rows up and my 6 year old daughter was across the aisle. When I booked, I had purposely picked seats in one row all next to each other. I called to check on this and the customer service rep said "oh, wow....yeah, somebody really messed that up". He could see in the system who made the change and when they did it but could not see why. He then moved my son back next to me and bumped someone else out and left my daughter across the aisle. No explanation ever offered. Never again will I book with them!

That's HORRIBLE, 6 1/2 hours!:scared1::sad2: Same thing happened to us in Dec. of '14 going home at MCO, VERY LONG delay on SW, think it was four hours. At least SW offered everyone $100 voucher per person toward a future trip. Any trip insurance?:confused: Cancellation of flight would be a covered reason to seek benefits under the insurance.:scratchin GOOD LUCK returning home!:goodvibes

How do you know the flight was not cancelled after you already left the resort?

I'll never know because their communication is absolutely awful.

They didn't send out any notice or post it in the app. I got my boarding pass at the resort and happily set off on ME. Went through security easily and it was only after I got to the gate area that it was posted as cancelled on the board. Who knows when they cancelled it.

My phone was on. I did not receive a notice from Jet Blue that there was a problem until well after I was at the gate.

Their service has steadily declined. But worse than that the communication is absolutely terrible.

They didn't send out any notice or post it in the app
I don't know any airline that updates its website or app to advise of an individual flight delay.
Not 'to' you, but answering this question: according to flightstats, the flight was cancelled at 10:48 am Florida time.
So, after the OP left the resort and probably right around when they arrived at the airport?

What are you going to do when the same thing happens on Southwest? All airlines have unexpected cancellations, delays, equipment changes, crew issues, etc. You should always check flight status before leaving for the airport and learn to go with the flow.

I don't know any airline that updates its website or app to advise of an individual flight delay.

So, after the OP left the resort and probably right around when they arrived at the airport?

When we had a flight delayed on SW, I got a text message several hours before. You really can't just say I'll leave later to go to the airport, I've seen delayed flights change to earlier times.

Maybe the flight wasn't cancelled until closer to departure for some reason. When you fly, things like this can happen. I am sure, it happens on all the airlines. When we arrived to MCO last year, we had to wait almost 2 hours for them to get the luggage off the plane due to thunderstorms. The weather in florida can be extreme, so you have to expect things like this.

What are you going to do when the same thing happens on Southwest? All airlines have unexpected cancellations, delays, equipment changes, crew issues, etc. You should always check flight status before leaving for the airport and learn to go with the flow.

At my age I've been through more flight delays and cancellations on 3 continents than I can count. This was different. I checked the flight before I left. I had a boarding pass. When I looked at the board it was cancelled. I had STILL not gotten any communication from Jet Blue that there was even a problem.

This is the last in a continuing string of Jet Blue fiascos stretching back two years. All are typified by incredibly poor customer service and lack of communication. When you complain you get the "so sorry" here's $50 in your travel bank. Now go away and book another flight.

I was always a great fan of Jet Blue. But over the course of the past couple of years there has been a noticeable decline in customer care, communication and service.

Every airline has done this exact same thing!! Over and over. My dh is obsessive about checking flight times. One time I arrived in WDW two days before he and dd did. He had a connecting flight, originating in Boston. He checked the flight before heading to the airport. By the time he got to the airport, about 45 mins later, and 2 hrs prior to flight departure, the flight had been cancelled! No notice! JB told him they could get them on a flight about 5 hrs later. Well, that wasn't going to work...they would be departing Boston about the same time his connecting flight was departing! And they needed to be in WDW the next morning!! So, JB had someone accompany them to a gate...to board a plane that was just finishing the boarding process...flew through security and to the the gate. As soon as they sat down, the door closed!!!
I've had a flight delayed by 3 hrs...mechanical issue with the original plane, and it took close to 3 hrs before they could get another one there. It happens.

Here's the problem...if your read your CoC, you will see that no flight is a sure thing. All the airline promises you is that they will get you from point A to point B on a particular day. Sure, you 'booked' the flight and seats you want, but that's not etched in stone. Now, airlines are supposed to compensate you if you are late by more than a few hours. And they do. With the weather the way it's been for the past week, I'm pretty sure all the airlines have had issues...and that customer service people are out straight trying to work with irate passengers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter