I am confused FD getting conflicting advice

jchrapcyn

Mouseketeer
I have a Disney Chase Visa. I already booked 4 nights at Pop Century arriving Sun 9/25 and we got the kids stay/play free discount for one child age 6.

Today I see the FD deal but we would have to change our check in to Sat 9/24 and stay one extra night. I would also have to change my flight on Airtran for one day.

I'm thinking it's not worth it to buy the $100 photobook to save on QSD- what do you think? I will lose the kids sty/play free right?

I also think there is a fee to change itinerary on Airtran.

Yes, you would have to change your check-in date to 9/24 and yes, you would have to purchase the Photopass book to get free dining under the current offer. Yes, you would also lose the discount you already have if you switch to free dining - Disney doesn't stack discounts, you would have to pick one or the other.

Airtran charges $75 per ticket to change flights.

For 2A/1C at a value, you probably would save more with FD. But the airfare change fee alone (and assuming the fare you have now is still available for 9/24) would kill your savings. Remember the fare change fee is per ticket!

I have a Disney Chase Visa. I already booked 4 nights at Pop Century arriving Sun 9/25 and we got the kids stay/play free discount for one child age 6.

Today I see the FD deal but we would have to change our check in to Sat 9/24 and stay one extra night. I would also have to change my flight on Airtran for one day.

I'm thinking it's not worth it to buy the $100 photobook to save on QSD- what do you think? I will lose the kids sty/play free right?

I also think there is a fee to change itinerary on Airtran.
You don't have to stay an extra night. There is only a 3 night minimum to qualify for a free dining package. The 5 night quoted on the Disney Visa promos/emails is just for advertising purposes.

They would have to stay an extra night in addition to what they have already booked, as they were arriving 9/25. They would have to add the night of 9/24 to get the free dining. Assuming they want to keep all the nights they have already booked.

If airtran has changed your flight time at all, you can call and ask to fly another day and they don't charge you. I've never had an airtran flight that didn't change multiple times even by a couple minutes.

You don't have to stay an extra night. There is only a 3 night minimum to qualify for a free dining package. The 5 night quoted on the Disney Visa promos/emails is just for advertising purposes.

So you can get FD with only staying 4 nights??? I don't have that visa, but they are opening to everyone else, right??

Can you clarify??

Today I called the customer support people and asked them to talk me through what would work best. They were super helpful and in the end saved my family $600. Nothing was mentioned about a photo book, but either way I am so incredibly pleased with what they did for me.

You should definitely call...let the experts help you.

So you can get FD with only staying 4 nights??? I don't have that visa, but they are opening to everyone else, right??

Can you clarify??
Free dining promos have always had a 3 night minimum and a 14 day maximum. There will probably be a FD offer for October - December dates that will be released this summer, probably July, maybe sooner.

what i'm figuring is- I'm saving about $209 with the kids stay/play promo for 9/25-9/29 at Pop (value)

I already booked my $99 flights on Airtran (each way)

for QS-FD would save $328 -but- minus the $100 photobook that is built in- plus the $75 fee for the flight per ticket because i would have to arrive 9/24 to get FD

no FD for us but I feel ok about the dates we have a pretty cheap flight and the kids stay/play free promo

I'm not worrying about it at this point- maybe next year :)

Today I called the customer support people and asked them to talk me through what would work best. They were super helpful and in the end saved my family $600. Nothing was mentioned about a photo book, but either way I am so incredibly pleased with what they did for me.

You should definitely call...let the experts help you.

If you got the current FD promo with the Disney Visa, you'll be getting a photo book. You pay for it, it's worked into your package cost. It's necessary in order to get the FD promo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter