• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I am back and what I learned

Your post made smile! I don't post much and yours brought me out of hibernation. Due to school schedules I can only go during summer. It's hot and crowded, but always a great time.
So glad you had a wonderful time!

Oh one more thing ... I took the advice from someone on the "best walking shoes" and purchased Reef flip flops ... I normally use Birkenstock or crocs but will use these forever ... No I mean no sore feet!! Thx for the recommendation and we walked 9-10 miles a day !!!

Can you tell me what style of reef flip flops you purchased? There seem to be so many! :) Thanks!

Now that I have a bit clearer head and 9 hours of sleep in : o) there are a couple more things I wanted to mention and suggest you try

1. Hoop De Doo... was wonderful! Now I am being honest the food is not superior (except for the cornbread.. yummy) but the show WOW!!!! It is worth every cent they are true professionals. I was on the fence about this but said "why the heck not" and I am glad I did.

2. Heads up - my son purchased this app and it was a fun way to pass the time in line or waiting for the parade. We met so many people who wanted to join in, it was a riot. There is a specific Disney category.

3. Jungle book..all I can say is it is all about perception. It was a cute show and a great way to end the day and rest up. Would I pay for a dining package.... I do not think so I was able to get my family in on standby. Maybe we were just lucky.

4. Everest at Night... THIS IS A MUST DO!! We loved it! So cool how you could see the other parks from the top and the Yeti appeared much more visible to us during this time.

I think that's it.. thank you for all the wonderful comments about my post and thanks again to all of you for your help!! Now I am off to search all info I can on the new Star Wars land.. crossing my fingers for 2018........and try and download and edit my memory maker photos wish me luck

Now that I have a bit clearer head and 9 hours of sleep in : o) there are a couple more things I wanted to mention and suggest you try

1. Hoop De Doo... was wonderful! Now I am being honest the food is not superior (except for the cornbread.. yummy) but the show WOW!!!! It is worth every cent they are true professionals. I was on the fence about this but said "why the heck not" and I am glad I did.

2. Heads up - my son purchased this app and it was a fun way to pass the time in line or waiting for the parade. We met so many people who wanted to join in, it was a riot. There is a specific Disney category.

3. Jungle book..all I can say is it is all about perception. It was a cute show and a great way to end the day and rest up. Would I pay for a dining package.... I do not think so I was able to get my family in on standby. Maybe we were just lucky.

4. Everest at Night... THIS IS A MUST DO!! We loved it! So cool how you could see the other parks from the top and the Yeti appeared much more visible to us during this time.

I think that's it.. thank you for all the wonderful comments about my post and thanks again to all of you for your help!! Now I am off to search all info I can on the new Star Wars land.. crossing my fingers for 2018........and try and download and edit my memory maker photos wish me luck

Too funny! I literally just purchased Heads Up! And Heads Up! Junior yesterday. Thanks for your little review!

Such a great post! Good tips too! I'm going to look into both the Hollywood Studios ideas. We are heading down in September, and are starting to ramp up our excitement.

as I sit here at the airport waiting to board my flight back home I am thinking about the wonderful time we had and all of the great advice I received from my fellow "Disers". Here is what I learned and wanted to pass on......

1. No matter how old you are naps are great at Disney. My party consisted of two grown adults and two young ones and we all agree heading back to the hotel during the hottest time of day was wonderful!

2. Rope drop .. Rope drop .. Rope drop.. You were so right you can get so much done!!!

3. Hydro flask wonderful kept our water ice cold all day. Recommend them highly!!!

4. Not sure who mentioned it but thank you for the Star Wars firework watching spot tip..... To the right of brown derby right before entering the launch pad there is a roped off section sit there WODERFUL!!! Storm troopers right there standing guard very few people ...do it if you can.

5. Magic bands .. Worked.. And we loved them made it easy

6. Enjoy it, every moment goes by so quickly .. If your plan does not go smoothly go with the flow... Enjoy people watching and talking to fellow travelers on the bus... Have a Mickey Bar .. Try something that sounds weird on the menu you may love it!!! I had a fried green tomatoe sandwhich waiting for Fantasmic it was soooo good!

7. Sat on the "standing room only bleachers" a tip from seeyarealsoon .. On YouTube...and it was perfect plenty of room and we were able to exit on time and make it to our secret spot for watching fireworks

8.the lines app works great we relyed on it throughout the trip.

9.Josh's plans at easywdw for touring were wonderful and very much on track my vote is to use them... I will again

10. I have also learned that I am a person who appreciates the journey just as much as the destination.. And with that I thank you with tears in my eyes... Thank you for great advice,thanks for helping me pass the eight months before my trip, I so enjoyed getting up early and surfing the boards late... Going to bed way past the time I should because of a trip report I was reading...I loved the wonderful people I "spoke" to here who have the same love and passion for Disney as I do ..... So with that all I have to say is ... SEE YOU REAL SOON!!!! Oh yeah and when does the STAR WARS land open and is it to soon to book ; o )
Sounds like another AP holder is born!

7. Sat on the "standing room only bleachers" a tip from seeyarealsoon .. On YouTube...and it was perfect plenty of room and we were able to exit on time and make it to our secret spot for watching fireworks

Which fireworks and where are these bleachers?

as I sit here at the airport waiting to board my flight back home I am thinking about the wonderful time we had and all of the great advice I received from my fellow "Disers". Here is what I learned and wanted to pass on......

1. No matter how old you are naps are great at Disney. My party consisted of two grown adults and two young ones and we all agree heading back to the hotel during the hottest time of day was wonderful!

2. Rope drop .. Rope drop .. Rope drop.. You were so right you can get so much done!!!

3. Hydro flask wonderful kept our water ice cold all day. Recommend them highly!!!

4. Not sure who mentioned it but thank you for the Star Wars firework watching spot tip..... To the right of brown derby right before entering the launch pad there is a roped off section sit there WODERFUL!!! Storm troopers right there standing guard very few people ...do it if you can.

6. Enjoy it, every moment goes by so quickly .. If your plan does not go smoothly go with the flow... Enjoy people watching and talking to fellow travelers on the bus... Have a Mickey Bar .. Try something that sounds weird on the menu you may love it!!! I had a fried green tomatoe sandwhich waiting for Fantasmic it was soooo good!

9.Josh's plans at easywdw for touring were wonderful and very much on track my vote is to use them... I will again

10. I have also learned that I am a person who appreciates the journey just as much as the destination.. And with that I thank you with tears in my eyes... Thank you for great advice,thanks for helping me pass the eight months before my trip, I so enjoyed getting up early and surfing the boards late... Going to bed way past the time I should because of a trip report I was reading...I loved the wonderful people I "spoke" to here who have the same love and passion for Disney as I do ..... So with that all I have to say is ... SEE YOU REAL SOON!!!! Oh yeah and when does the STAR WARS land open and is it to soon to book ; o )

Great report. Standing room only bleachers ? Can you tell me more. Was it for fantasmic? love seeyoureelsoon. Too

Loved loved loved your post! :lovestruc Glad you had such a magical trip! Welcome to the Disney obsession — you're in good company. :rotfl:

Oh, and we've used the Heads Up app standing in line at Disney and passing the time on car trips and waiting for it to get dark enough for movies to start at the drive in ... it IS loads of fun!

Last edited:

Thanks so much for sharing your great report here with all of us! We're thrilled that you had a great vacation!

I also wanted to let you know that your thread was chosen as the the thread of the day for today's DIS Daily Fix!

10. I have also learned that I am a person who appreciates the journey just as much as the destination.. And with that I thank you with tears in my eyes... Thank you for great advice,thanks for helping me pass the eight months before my trip, I so enjoyed getting up early and surfing the boards late... Going to bed way past the time I should because of a trip report I was reading...I loved the wonderful people I "spoke" to here who have the same love and passion for Disney as I do ..... So with that all I have to say is ... SEE YOU REAL SOON!!!! Oh yeah and when does the STAR WARS land open and is it to soon to book ; o )[/QUOTE]

Love it !!! The journey is half the fun , Glad you had a great time ! Thanks for sharing

Which fireworks and where are these bleachers?
We were able to make it to see the Star wars fireworks.. the spot I mentioned near Brown Derby.. by Launch Pad. I can not emphasize enough what a great spot to see them! The bleachers are set up for Fantasmic, as you enter the stadium they are above the walk-way on your right. Good Luck and have fun!! You have given me so much advise I hope I can help you!

Great report. Standing room only bleachers ? Can you tell me more. Was it for fantasmic? love seeyoureelsoon. Too
Fantasmic is a night time show shown at Disney Studios.. It is a lazer light fireworks, parade, water show potpourri!! Love it and sooo popular. They have FP for the event and dining packages. Stand by is available but on some nights it seems there is "standing room only". I received a tip from SEEYAREALSOON to sit in the bleachers to the right of the entrance they are above the walkway. They look empty until close to the beginning of the show when the "standing room only" seats open up. They call them this because you can stand and watch the show if you like. Well we sat there as soon as we walked in and went to the very top. Great view .... for adults and tall kids, not the best for little guys. It is a very easy exit and you can avoid the stampede at the end of the show.

Love reading about great trips, Thank you for sharing and congrats on being the post of the day!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter