I am a very blessed girl!!

mmlover74

Mouseketeer
Not only did I get to go to my happy place, but on Wed., we were chosen to open the park at DL. It helped to make the trip even more Disney special. This was our first time doing it and if we get chosen another time...I will include the family behind me to spread the Disney magic.

We were speaking to a family of 3 while in line and if I would have thought about it sooner; i would have included them.

A dream has come true for me and definitely a day to remember!! pixiedust:

mmlover74 said:
Not only did I get to go to my happy place, but on Wed., we were chosen to open the park at DL. It helped to make the trip even more Disney special. This was our first time doing it and if we get chosen another time...I will include the family behind me to spread the Disney magic.

We were speaking to a family of 3 while in line and if I would have thought about it sooner; i would have included them.

A dream has come true for me and definitely a day to remember!! pixiedust:
We got to that last year and it made our trip too

lurpee: we got to stand and face everyone; do the countdown, and say "Let the Magic Begin!!" It was so much fun!!

I'm so happy for you! We were fortunate enough to be 'chosen' about five years ago now, on a cold December morning.

pixiedust:

We were so excited about the opportunity that I forgot to take a photo with the nice man who asked us to participate.

Fortunately, we went back the next day and found him. We now have a lovely photo in a Disney Christmas frame which comes out every year to remind us of this happy occaision.

Also the badges they gave were nice.

That is nice you were chosen as well. The CM took our picture, but no buttons that day. I am going to put our picture in a nice frame as well...something to treasure. My son was the first one running down Main Street...awesome pics of that too!!

Congratulations!

Do you mind if I threadjack a little? Your post reminded me of a question that I have.

At the Magic Kingdom, I like to stand close to the front gate, but over to the side a bit so that I can see the welcome show. Does DL or DCA have a morning show that I need to be able to see? Where's the best place to stand so that you see the show & are still pretty close to the front of the line?

There wasn't a show that morning at either park on the days we were there. And, I know how you feel as I need to be close to the gate as well. Maybe someone else can shed some light on the matter you are asking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter