I-4 listed as most dangerous Interstate

NH-to-FL

DIS Veteran
Probably not a surprise for those who frequent the road but Huffpost just reported that I-4 is the most dangerous interstate based on having 1.41 fatalities per mile.

#2 was I-45 with 1.24 fatalities/mile

#5 was I-95 with 0.89 fatalities/mile

I am not sure if this particular metric is best for classifying a road as "most dangerous" but it does provide a relative measure.

I think I will spend more time on the back roads.

Drive defensively!

And please don't use your phone while driving.

Now that's a skewed statistic if I ever heard one. Both I-4 and I-45 are short sections of roadway - 132mi and 285 miles respectively. I-95 on the other hand is 1920mi. I-4 and I-45 are dominated by large, metropolitan areas. It would take 15 fatalities on I-95 to match, statistically, 1 fatality on I-4, or 2 on I-45. At the same time, the percentage of roadway that is in major urban areas is not equivalent (higher on I-4). while I-4 is definitely a nasty stretch of road, this particular statistic is fairly meaningless - unless your point is to scare people or blame someone for something.

It's like back in the day when I worked for Intel and they issued a press release touting how in one year they had doubled the number of women executives. What they neglected to mention though was that the actual numbers went from 1 to 2.
:o

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter