Hydration tip!

we get water delivered from staples. I think a case is under $5 and we get free shipping to the hotel. I will not drink FL water, it's so gross to me. The only thing worse than FL water is FL water from a bathroom! I also dont want to have to seek out a place for water and wait in line for a cup of water. Just pull it out of my back pack whenever i want it. Many people do the free water thing, but I just can't.

Awesome. Maybe he/she will take you up on that. You may want to patent that in case it becomes the next big thing.
The problem is trying to avoid that tipping point to keep hydration from becoming a cleansing...

If Im spending over $7000 on a vacation I sure wouldnt be worrying about saving a bit of cash by taking a brita bottle or shlepping my own water in an igloo...sorry if that sounds a bit snobby but seriously...if I want a drink I will walk over and buy one. if my budget is so tight I have to worry about asking for free water at counters then I dont think I would be bothered going. JMO :) ( no offence intended to anyone, I do take crystal light and similar things with me to add to purchased bottles of water as sometimes I get tired of drinking coke and sprite)

If Im spending over $7000 on a vacation I sure wouldnt be worrying about saving a bit of cash by taking a brita bottle or shlepping my own water in an igloo...sorry if that sounds a bit snobby but seriously...if I want a drink I will walk over and buy one. if my budget is so tight I have to worry about asking for free water at counters then I dont think I would be bothered going. JMO :) ( no offence intended to anyone, I do take crystal light and similar things with me to add to purchased bottles of water as sometimes I get tired of drinking coke and sprite)

My budget for my upcoming vacation is actually quite a bit higher than yours. I still have a budget though.

Let's say my family of 5 each drinks 3 drinks a day. (Keeping this conservative.)

3x5=15 drinks a day.

15@$4 each = $60 a day.

$60 x 10 days = $600 over the course of my trip.

Personally, I'll drink free water and spend that $600 on a dessert party, a fireworks cruise, AND the Pirates league.

The majority of tips on here aren't exactly breaking news but they are still helpful.

I loved the 'water from counter services' tip on my last trip. I didn't have to carry around water bottles ( which I'm really not a fan of to begin with) and we got free, cold water whenever we were thirsty. Most of the time they gave us a pretty good sized cup and the CMs did not mind at all.

Last edited:
They need to add bottle filling stations (like I've seen in some airports) because I am tired of being behind the person filling 12 water bottles at the water fountain when I just want a sip to take an ibuprofin or something.

We use the personal Brita filtered water bottles, it helps get rid of the bad taste of the water. And there are plenty of water fountains all over the parks.

We do this too. Can't believe how much more water we drank and how much less we opted for sugary drinks. It's a great investment.

I, too, have I generous budget for my trip, but buying water bottles all day would break that budget. I easily drink 120+ ounces of water a day, which would be six 20-oz bottles. That is way more than I would want to spend, never mind my DH and 3 kids would bring that price up even higher!!

Luckily, I am happy with my 27oz stainless steel bottle. I fill it up at water fountains everywhere, including Disney and Universal, and have never had a problem. Yes, gross things have happened in the fountains, but I don't care. They didn't happen in the pipes, which is the only part of the fountain that touches the water I drink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter