Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport

jtaylor123

Earning My Ears
Has anyone spent the night before their cruise at the Hyatt airport? How easy is it to stay there and then still use the Disney shuttle to transfer over to the port in the morning?

First off welcome to the DIS!

My DH and I just stayed there at the end of our trip and it was very convenient. We have never stayed there before a Disney cruise but just might in May. I look forward to seeing others responses to your question.

When you check in at the hotel, tell them you are a Disney Cruise Line guest. You'll be given a hand out with info. They'll tell you to put your luggage out in the hall at about 8am or so and what time to be downstairs to meet the cast members.

I've stayed here twice. I love not having to deal with luggage. But the hotel itself and the community areas of the airport offer lots to do for your first day in Orlando. Shopping, resturaunts, and arcade-lots to do!

Also on your way home, if you have a late flight, you can get a day room at the Hyatt. We did this, too. OUr flight wasn't until 8:00pm! So we were able to extend our vacation a little. DH napped, DS went to the arcade with friends from the ship and DD and I went to the pool.

Do you know if this luggage pickup only works if you are taking the buses, or will they transport anyone's luggage to the ship?

Thomas

Hi Thomas: You may get many different answers about the MCO Hyatt luggage only transfers, but I can tell you that we have stayed at the MCO Hyatt 2x (Jan 04 and Jan 05) and were able to have our bags transferred both times while we took our own limo to the port. In fact, we are planning on doing this again for our next Disney cruise in Feb. The first time we did this, there was no charge. The second time, the Hyatt gave us a sheet upon check in that said the luggage could only be transferred for those with Disney transfers. However, when we asked about the luggage only transfers, we were told that we could pay for this ($25 I believe). So, we left our bags outside our room that morning, as instructed, and they showed up on the ship without any problems. Therefore, if you receive any different advice, just call the Hyatt directly and asked about this. I found that the Hyatt's own stated policy was different than what others reported on this board. I think part of the confusion is that the Hyatt and/or Disney may not want to advertise this, and Disney would prefer for passengers to pay for complete transfers, so people may be told one thing, but experience another. Good luck.

DIScruiser4-that was exactly my experience! Feb 04-bags were transported, we took a limo-no charge/no problem. Feb 05-we paid $24 to transport luggage only-but no problems. We are planning to do this again and are recieving different answers from DCL. So I decided to take whatever comes-we can deal with the luggage if we have to. And I agree-I think DCL does not want to advertise this option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter