Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport Hotel

B9erSteve

Disney Dad
Anyone stay here? Disney set me up with this Hotel and I wanted to know what it was like.

Does the Disney transportation pick up pretty early? I'd like to get to the ship early.

Very nice hotel. Right in the terminal and a nice restaurant in there also, but the airport has a food court for a quick meal. Oh there is a pool also. If you take the Disney transport, let the front desk know. They will pick up your bags from your room the next morning and the next time you see your bags will be in your stateroom.

It worked great for us as we travel from the west coast so we get there late, nice to just pick up the bags and walk to the hotel.

Sorry we took private transport to the port so do not know what time the busses run.

It is a nice Hotel located directly in the main terminal of the airport. The hotel lobby overlooks the terminal.The restaurant in the Hotel was good but as I remember it was a little pricey. If you have not been to MCO,The airport is more like a mall with book stores, Disney and Universal Studio shops, good fast food , (including Nathans! we don't get that here in Ca and we miss it) and restaurants like Macaroni Grill. You could spend a few hours there.
I am sorry, I do not know what time the bus leaves from there, I was there on business when I stayed at the MCO Hyatt.

I believe the first buses left the Hyatt between 10 and 10:30

Thanks for the responses. It's pretty cool to be staying right in the airport! I'll like that.

We stayed there on our last cruise and used the DCL transportation. They will give you a letter when you check in that explains what you need to do. As I recall, we went down and signed up for the bus at about 9:00 am and the first bus left at about 10:00. I went down early because I wanted to be on one of the first buses!!

B9erSteve said:
It's pretty cool to be staying right in the airport! I'll like that.

Yes, it couldn't be handier! Escalator/elevator from the terminal lobby directly to hotel check-in. Rooms have recently been redecorated: Dark woods, granite countertops, comfy beds w/mounds of pillows, leather easy chair, reeded-glass bathroom door, et cetera. Views of either the surrounding airport or into the vast terminal lobby - all soundproofed. Large roof-top pool. And two restaurants in the hotel plus the rather extensive mall in the terminal (two Disney stores!).

As other posters have mentioned, the next morning they will take your bags at your room and deliver them to your cabin on DCL. Pre-check-in for Disney transport in the hotel lobby. Couldn't be handier. You'll enjoy it!

Totally agree with m4Travel's post! :thumbsup2

We've stayed at the Haytt several times and love it! We were just there last month and all the room renovations are competed -- very nice!

Food court has lots of choices for eating, plus full-service restaurants (Macaroni Grill, etc.) Here's a link for the hotel....has photos of the rooms, Atrium view, etc.: http://www.orlandoairport.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

Have a great trip! :)

We stayed there last November after a quick weekend trip and before an early morning flight. Very nice room. I'd stay there again.

Another :thumbsup2 for the Hyatt MCO. We have stayed there 3times and will be there again next month. The first buses leave the airport for P. Canaveral approx 9.30-9.45 :)

We will be there for the first time in July for the night before our cruise. Is it hard to sleep due to plane noise?

We had a runway view and with the door to the patio closed, there was no runway noise at all. We kept the door open all night (loved the warm breezes in November) and the hotel was removed enough from the runways that we did not notice the noise at all.

Enjoy your stay! We were amazed at what a beautiful hotel it is. It is a wonderful and relaxing start to your cruise.

We plan to stay there next year. Thanks for all your great input!

The Hyatt was the BEST idea....except that I could neither get into nor, once let in, get out of the room. This is one high dollar hotel that either plans on posting a door person outside of its accessible rooms so people needing accessible rooms can get in and out of them or should just bite the bullet and remodel its remodel......

Just a word of caution....
The doors on the accessible rooms have no pushbutton entry. They do not have the hydraulic inside top-of-the-door arm that you can have detached to turn the door into a regular non-self closing door...Instead, their doors are weighted... forever slamming shut on poor innocent slow-moving old ladies....

:confused3

Wow I saw those pics! Way cool! I didn't expect a budget hotel however I did not expect this level of plush. Very Nice. My wife wants to go now!

Hi Steve,

Just wanted to say we've stayed at the Hyatt before a cruise, and we'll do it next year again. It's a wonderful hotel, and great if you're arriving late. So convenient, and as another poster said, you'll hear little noise. The glass elevators are cool!

I joined your thread on the cruise meets board, as we too will be on the Oct 20, '07 Magic. So, maybe we'll see you at the Hyatt next year! :sunny:

I'll just say what everybody else has said. Indeed, if I am doing just the cruise and not going to WDW before the cruise, I always book into the hotel the night before the cruise.

1. It was the most quiet airport hotel I have ever stayed at. No plane noise at all. Also, no noise between rooms, very well insulated so the kids never heard anything from the room next door to DW and me.

2. Close enough and with easy access to rental cars, we got a convertible from National (for $42.00) for Friday night, drove to downtown Disney and went to Cirque du Soleil for a show and Wolfgang Pucks for dinner. Since you are at the airport, getting the rental car for there and back is easy with the airport location. BTW, if you do this, get a membership from Hertz, Avis, National, etc. so you can skip the line and get your car directly (saves even more time).

-- JimV

luv2cruzsus said:
(snip) They will give you a letter when you check in that explains what you need to do. (snip)
Here's the text of the card from Disney that the front desk will give you when you identify yourself as a DCL passenger:

Dear Disney Cruise Line Guests,
Welcome to the Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport. There are a few important points to remember as you get ready to embark on your unforgettable Disney Cruise Vacation.
  • For fast and efficient check-out, please use the video express check-out on your television. Please call the Front Desk for questions and further information.
  • If you have purchased transfers through Disney Cruise Line, please tag your luggage with the Disney Cruise Line tags found inside of your Guest Travel Booklet. Place your luggage outside of your hotel room for Bell Services pick-up and delivery to your next destination. If you are not taking Disney transportation, please take your luggage with you upon your departure from the Hyatt Regency.
  • If you have not already purchased trasnfers and would like to, please visit our representative from Disney's Magical Express in the lobby of the hotel tomorrow morning to make arrangements. Please note that if you are departing on Saturday, your bags should be outside of your room by 8:30 a.m. If you are departing on Sunday or Thursday, your bags should be outside of your room by 9:30 a.m.
  • A representative from Disney's Magical Express will be in the lobby of the Hyatt Regency for transportation check-in and departures between 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. When all members of your party are ready to depart the Hyatt Regency, proceed to the lobby with your Guest Travel Booklets readily available for a timely departure.

Bon voyage and enjoy the rest of your Disney Cruise Vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter